Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If FOX or ESPN finished realignment today
Bookmark and Share
Win5002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big 12 & B1G
If FOX or ESPN finished realignment today
If realignment is dictated more by the networks more so than the individual conferences and FOX or ESPN wanted to end it, I thought I would give a scenario for each network where they could end it and make two profitable leagues. And for fun maybe swipe a team from the other networks brand.

I think for FOX could make both the B1G and the remaining Big12/PAC 12 league profitable networks and satisfy the academics of the B1G. If FOX convinced the B1G and Big 12/PAC 12 to do the following.

B1G: Big 12/PAC:
USC UCLA
Stanford CAL
ASU AZ
Wash WSU
Oregon Colorado

The Big 12 also adds OSU, Utah & Nebraska

This would give 2 18 team leagues and they would be pretty balanced and each team can play their rival as a non-conference or as part of a scheduling arrangement.

The B1G got the better brands but the Big 12 would be solidified and Nebraska may be real happy to come back with some old rivals and access not only to Texas again but California for recruiting. Colorado could keep their access to California in this situation as well. Both leagues can have a profitable network this way and get West Coast times for live events for their network. I think the additional West Coast time slot(for football & basketball) could be a very nice feature for each conference network and a big plus.

Then if I am the B1G I give ND one last call and this is your last chance, even if it takes a few years to come. ND would have USC & Stanford in the same league as well as Mich & MSU. Then they set up an annual game with Texas which I am sure Texas would be happy to accommodate and that's hard to turn down. If ND comes the B1G probably tries to bring pry away Virginia or picks up UCONN. OR and I'm not saying it would work but the Big 12 driven by FOX picks up the phone and says to Texas AM, is this really working out? Would you like to come back to shut Texas off to ESPN completely. Missouri at this point would probably really like to come to either league as well.

If I am ESPN I try this for each league to 20:
SEC: ACC:
OU Texas
OSU TT
TCU Baylor/Houston if it wouldn't cause legal issues
ISU KS
WVU KSU
Nebraska ND

This would involve coaxing Nebraska from the B1G and if the academic side doesn't have the say I could see where Nebraska would like this. Maybe the B1G wouldn't even mind if Virginia was let go to replace Nebraska.

I might just give PSU a call for the ACC in this situation, and add an additional school if they came.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017 03:38 PM by Win5002.)
09-28-2017 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: If FOX or ESPN finished realignment today
I'd suggest just a few tweaks.

(09-28-2017 03:02 PM)Win5002 Wrote:  If I am ESPN I try this for each league to 20:
SEC: ACC:
OU Texas
OSU TCU
TT Houston
KS ISU
KSU WVU
Nebraska ND

TT to the SEC - it can go further West w/o breaking
WVU to the ACC - too many ACC rivalries for OOC
ISU makes more sense in the ACC - too far North for the SEC
KS to the SEC - throw a bone to KY hoops
09-29-2017 10:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.