Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merry Christmas Bearcats
Bookmark and Share
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Merry Christmas Bearcats
Credit where it's due, being down by 11 with only a few minutes to go isn't an easy situation to come back from and you guys made plays when you needed to. But you guys better send Chuck Martin a gift basket for what he did last night because I'm pretty sure a ten-year old with nothing but Madden experience would've been able to manage the last five minutes for a win. The loss wasn't on the refs (from the AAC for what it's worth), but they sucked from the calls, non-calls, and awful communication on both sides.

This was our best chance in years and we blew it. Martin has shown himself incapable of managing close games as an underdog, and last night was no exception. But IIRC we only have a dozen seniors while you have something like twenty so you can't pencil in next year as a sure win yet, but with Chuck on the sidelines we're inherently limited. But I'm not all that impressed with Fickell either to be honest.

09-17-2017 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
RE: Merry Christmas Bearcats
We'll send him a basket as long as Miami sends one to Devin Gray for dropping the 85 yd td pass.

09-17-2017 01:43 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Merry Christmas Miami. We gave you 4 years of Tommy Tuberville and you still couldn't take back the bell.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 02:36 PM by bearcatmark.)
09-17-2017 01:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(09-17-2017 01:28 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Credit where it's due, being down by 11 with only a few minutes to go isn't an easy situation to come back from and you guys made plays when you needed to. But you guys better send Chuck Martin a gift basket for what he did last night because I'm pretty sure a ten-year old with nothing but Madden experience would've been able to manage the last five minutes for a win. The loss wasn't on the refs (from the AAC for what it's worth), but they sucked from the calls, non-calls, and awful communication on both sides.

This was our best chance in years and we blew it. Martin has shown himself incapable of managing close games as an underdog, and last night was no exception. But IIRC we only have a dozen seniors while you have something like twenty so you can't pencil in next year as a sure win yet, but with Chuck on the sidelines we're inherently limited. But I'm not all that impressed with Fickell either to be honest.

You need my address, send some wine and cheese

09-17-2017 02:23 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(09-17-2017 01:28 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Credit where it's due, being down by 11 with only a few minutes to go isn't an easy situation to come back from and you guys made plays when you needed to. But you guys better send Chuck Martin a gift basket for what he did last night because I'm pretty sure a ten-year old with nothing but Madden experience would've been able to manage the last five minutes for a win. The loss wasn't on the refs (from the AAC for what it's worth), but they sucked from the calls, non-calls, and awful communication on both sides.

hahaha he's a new head coach with a new staff in their third game together....and they still beat you guys at your place LOL

but thank you for your deep insights

09-17-2017 02:32 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(09-17-2017 02:32 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(09-17-2017 01:28 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  But I'm not all that impressed with Fickell either to be honest.

hahaha he's a new head coach with a new staff in their third game together....and they still beat you guys at your place LOL

but thank you for your deep insights

I'm impressed with Fickell. He's 2-1 in his first year and hasn't blown a game like Chuck Hoover just did.

09-17-2017 02:45 PM
Advertisement

Teakwood Offline
2nd String

I Root For: All Bearcats

Actually, this would be an exception, because you were the favorite.

09-17-2017 02:52 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(09-17-2017 01:28 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  This was our best chance in years and we blew it.

And probably your last good chance for a few more years. UC should have an offense next year to go along with a decent defense.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 02:54 PM by bearcatfan.)
09-17-2017 02:53 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Merry Christmas Miami RedHawk Nation! The gift that keeps on giving to the streak...

[Image: Miami+Ohio+v+Michigan+_RwbCJpLyaNx.jpg]

Coach Chuck Martin
a.k.a. "Chuck-n-Blow"
a.k.a. "Feign Time Out" Martin
a.k.a. "Standing On The Ledge" Charlie

09-17-2017 03:13 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats

Underdog? I thought you guys were favored in this game.

09-17-2017 03:23 PM
KCat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Saw that Ragland is a red shirt junior... Could he transfer next year as a graduate student?

09-17-2017 03:23 PM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(09-17-2017 03:23 PM)KCat Wrote:  Saw that Ragland is a red shirt junior... Could he transfer next year as a graduate student?
Would he really be any better than what we already got? QB battle looked like a wash last night.

As for not being impressed with Fickel anyone who's doesn't see that the effort, conditioning, and belief isn't a massive upgrade isn't paying attention. He's got some improvements to make with in game coaching but all the other things that go into running a program are so much more important than in game coaching. Well at least until you start taking delay of games on third down when you're two yards from winning a game. Everything he's done since the day he was hired has been A+, we've really hit a home run.

09-17-2017 03:37 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Hope is a cruel and powerful drug. Lucy really pulled the ball out from under you guys last night.

09-17-2017 04:12 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
(09-17-2017 03:37 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(09-17-2017 03:23 PM)KCat Wrote:  Saw that Ragland is a red shirt junior... Could he transfer next year as a graduate student?
Would he really be any better than what we already got? QB battle looked like a wash last night.

As for not being impressed with Fickel anyone who's doesn't see that the effort, conditioning, and belief isn't a massive upgrade isn't paying attention. He's got some improvements to make with in game coaching but all the other things that go into running a program are so much more important than in game coaching. Well at least until you start taking delay of games on third down when you're two yards from winning a game. Everything he's done since the day he was hired has been A+, we've really hit a home run.

Moore had a higher qb rating last night than Ragland.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 04:50 PM by dsquare.)
09-17-2017 04:50 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I agree, the refs were awful. How many picked-up flags? How many times did they have to restart the clock for no reason?

But not as bad as the announcers on TV. Good lord. It was amateur hour all around.

09-17-2017 05:23 PM
cpawfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats

There are higher profile programs than Miami that could use him next season.

The UC DLine hurried a lot of throws last night

09-17-2017 05:35 PM
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati

Eh, I don't know. I support Fick and his hiring but I'm not so sure the mood around here wrt him would be quite as positive if multiple things didn't almost unbelievably go our way last night during the last 3 minutes. Okay to give Fickell some credit for that but a lot of it was tied to things we had absolutely no control over: from the time-keeping to the Miami coaching to the officiating.

Without pretty much all of that going our way, we're suddenly 1-2 with our only win (and a pretty close one at that) coming over one of the worst programs in college football in recent years. While our losses would be to a perhaps very overrated UM team and to a MAC team that we've been beating every year for over a decade.

09-17-2017 05:53 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2017 05:53 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  Eh, I don't know. I support Fick and his hiring but I'm not so sure the mood around here wrt him would be quite as positive if multiple things didn't almost unbelievably go our way last night during the last 3 minutes. Okay to give Fickell some credit for that but a lot of it was tied to things we had absolutely no control over: from the time-keeping to the Miami coaching to the officiating.

Without pretty much all of that going our way, we're suddenly 1-2 with our only win (and a pretty close one at that) coming over one of the worst programs in college football in recent years. While our losses would be to a perhaps very overrated UM team and to a MAC team that we've been beating every year for over a decade.

The gift we got definitely paints things a little more positive however I look at last week when we fell behind 14 early and fought back to within 3 in the third and had a 10 point game well into the fourth. That doesn't happen here in recent years. But I agree last night's events made it look much better. I still think our improved attitude kept us going but if we lose last night were screaming about why Fickel gifted them 7 in a defensive battle

09-17-2017 06:03 PM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

It was good to see a UC coach outcoach the opposing team's coach for a change. Haven't seen that in a while. The game was ugly though - offenses we're bad, refs were bad (bad communication, bunch of flags picked up, weird ref clock management - stopping clock and adding time when not supposed to),the sparsest 21,000 fan attendence I have ever seen but, in the end, you have to be able to win ugly or pretty. This team won ugly and took advantage. The ball didn't bounce UC's way for 3 1/2 quarters. I always say you can't let the other team hang around because bad things happen in the end. That goes for the opposing g team as well - Miami didn't put UC away and, somehow, the perfect storm happened and UC took advantage. They played tough, with grit, never gave up and, most importantly, didn't get tired. I'm proud of an ugly win. Hopefully the offense can take what they did in the 4th quarter and continue it the rest of the season.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 06:10 PM by bearcatdp.)
09-17-2017 06:07 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(09-17-2017 05:53 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  

Eh, I don't know. I support Fick and his hiring but I'm not so sure the mood around here wrt him would be quite as positive if multiple things didn't almost unbelievably go our way last night during the last 3 minutes. Okay to give Fickell some credit for that but a lot of it was tied to things we had absolutely no control over: from the time-keeping to the Miami coaching to the officiating.

You can look at it that way but there was plenty to be encouraged by even before the end series. The offense really controlled the second half they just didn't break through until late. Two dropped tds are the only reasons they needed the crazy stuff and honestly they were still in position to get the ball back without it. Who is to say uc doesn't march like the prior drive regardless?

There is a long way to go but plenty to be encouraged by and it's year 1 game 3.

09-17-2017 06:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.