Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Congratulations
Bookmark and Share
mxBruin Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCLA
Congratulations
It was our first visit to Memphis, and other than the outcome of the game, it has been great! People could not be nicer.

Enjoyed the Liberty Bowl, except the heat. And how does ANY stadium run out of bottled water by halftime on a hot day?

We really liked how you played a bunch of Memphis music during the pregame. Most bands play the same stuff as all other bands, but this seemed right.fs

As for the game, it was pretty much as expected. The teams blew through the Vegas over of 73, with plenty of time to go.

Frankly, I think think the better team won. Your receivers were wide open all day. Ours struggled to get separation.

I know we out-gained you, but the turnovers are part of the game, and with the game on the line, I thought your offense was running a lot better than ours.

Both teams committed A TON of bad penalties.

Personally, I think the fake FG call was brilliant, even if it didn't work. That wasn't the kind of game where a 6-point lead was much safer than 3 points.

And I really was impressed with Norvell's offense. There was so much misdirection, and it caused a ton of problems for us all day.

Have a great season. Good team, and good fans.
09-16-2017 10:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
RE: Congratulations
(09-16-2017 10:06 PM)mxBruin Wrote:  It was our first visit to Memphis, and other than the outcome of the game, it has been great! People could not be nicer.

Enjoyed the Liberty Bowl, except the heat. And how does ANY stadium run out of bottled water by halftime on a hot day?

We really liked how you played a bunch of Memphis music during the pregame. Most bands play the same stuff as all other bands, but this seemed right.fs

As for the game, it was pretty much as expected. The teams blew through the Vegas over of 73, with plenty of time to go.

Frankly, I think think the better team won. Your receivers were wide open all day. Ours struggled to get separation.

I know we out-gained you, but the turnovers are part of the game, and with the game on the line, I thought your offense was running a lot better than ours.

Personally, I think the fake FG call was brilliant, even if it didn't work. That wasn't the kind of game where a 6-point lead was much safer than 3 points.

And I really was impressed with Norvell's offense. There was so much misdirection, and it caused a ton of problems for us all day.

Thx for taking the time to post. It was a great game and the UCLA fans I talked with were great. Hope y'all have a great time and a safe trip back. By the way, I was in LA back in February and thought everyone was very nice, too.
09-16-2017 10:12 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
Thanks for the kind words. That was just a really fun game to be at. Both teams laid it all out there. You guys have a pretty decent QB, you should have a really good season as well, good luck the rest of the way.
09-16-2017 10:13 PM
JetFixer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Thank you! We had a bunch of UCLA fans around and they were as cool as can be. Hope y'all have a great season and win out!
09-16-2017 10:16 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(09-16-2017 10:06 PM)mxBruin Wrote:  It was our first visit to Memphis, and other than the outcome of the game, it has been great! People could not be nicer.

[Image: DBMIKujXkAEdW3s.jpg]
09-16-2017 10:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Thanks! And don't be a stranger. Come back to Memphis for a longer visit and explore our bbq, blues, museums, neighborhoods, hundreds of restaurants, history, mighty river, and the friendliest folks in America.

I was very impressed with the way UCLA fans travel, and dress in your colors, and comport yourselves. Most of the teams we play do not bring anywhere near the number of fans you all brought. I hope you have a successful season going forward.

This game was just a slight payback for the basketball game with Walton and Finch in 1973. You might remember. The national championship.
09-16-2017 10:36 PM
Advertisement

MonsterTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers!!!!!

Thanks for stoping by the board, was a great game, just as the last time we played. Well except we got the short end of the stick in LA. Good luck rest of the season you guys got a great QB !!
09-16-2017 10:37 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

Most bottled water in the Southeast has been sent to Texas and Florida to help hurricane victims. Inventory is way out of whack.
09-16-2017 10:37 PM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
One very hot UCLA lady in the restroom asked me with a sincere concern, "When does the humidity stop here?" I gave her a dead stare and said, "Never." She said, "Well, it must stop in October?" "No." "November?" "No." I then said, "Well, maybe toward November or December. Maybe."

I felt sorry for the poor woman. I bet she never comes back.
09-16-2017 10:44 PM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC
Hey from here on out we're all UCLA fans.. go win the PAC bruins 03-wink!!!!
09-16-2017 11:29 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
UCLA has the best looking uniforms in college football. The cheerleaders aren't too tough on the eyes either. Great game and neat experience having the Bruins in the Liberty Bowl today. Classy bunch.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 11:38 PM by Marc Mensa.)
09-16-2017 11:37 PM
Advertisement

MemphisMojo Offline
All American

I Root For: Democrats
(09-16-2017 10:44 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  One very hot UCLA lady in the restroom asked me with a sincere concern, "When does the humidity stop here?" I gave her a dead stare and said, "Never." She said, "Well, it must stop in October?" "No." "November?" "No." I then said, "Well, maybe toward November or December. Maybe."

Maybe you should stay out of the ladies restrooms.
09-17-2017 07:32 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(09-17-2017 07:32 AM)MemphisMojo Wrote:  
(09-16-2017 10:44 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  One very hot UCLA lady in the restroom asked me with a sincere concern, "When does the humidity stop here?" I gave her a dead stare and said, "Never." She said, "Well, it must stop in October?" "No." "November?" "No." I then said, "Well, maybe toward November or December. Maybe."

Maybe you should stay out of the ladies restrooms.

Where else should a woman use the restroom
09-17-2017 07:40 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
From all reports, the UCLA fans were gracious visitors. Thank you for visiting the city and I hope you enjoyed it other than the game's outcome.
09-17-2017 07:43 AM
TigerJJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Tiger Victories
The UCLA fans I spoke to were very classy and were good representatives of your school, unlike the obnoxious $EC bandwagon fans that we usually have to deal with. I did not have a problem with the fake field goal attempt, because UCLA is so explosive on offense that a 6 point lead would not have left me with a comfortable feeling.
Great game and you just knew whichever team had the ball last was going to win. Our defense really stepped up on the last series.
Rosen is the real deal despite the 2 interceptions he threw. Good luck the rest of the season.
09-17-2017 03:04 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
depends
09-17-2017 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

Very gracious, thanks. We'd love to come back to LA, win or lose. We enjoyed our trip to the Rose Bowl & the tailgating. Glad you enjoyed the trip.
09-17-2017 04:01 PM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(09-17-2017 04:01 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  

Very gracious, thanks. We'd love to come back to LA, win or lose. We enjoyed our trip to the Rose Bowl & the tailgating. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Sounds like we need to sign another contract - replace one of those H-H we have with a lower G5 team. I am SURE that UCLA would like a shot at redemption.
09-17-2017 05:43 PM
karter25 Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
(09-16-2017 10:37 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  

Most bottled water in the Southeast has been sent to Texas and Florida to help hurricane victims. Inventory is way out of whack.

NOT hardly. Plenty on hand EXCEPT at the LB.
09-17-2017 05:45 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(09-17-2017 05:45 PM)karter25 Wrote:  
(09-16-2017 10:37 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  

NOT hardly. Plenty on hand EXCEPT at the LB.

Yea...it was a major eff up on the part of the Liberty Bowl and a potentially dangerous one. Very embarrassing.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 06:24 PM by snowtiger.)
09-17-2017 06:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.