WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats Tim Lester
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Congrats Tim Lester
This was about as stressful a WMU game to watch as any I can remember...

But in all seriousness, congratulations Tim Lester on your first win as WMU football head coach!

Let's keep it rollin' now...
09-16-2017 09:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
RE: Congrats Tim Lester
WMU won the game?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CSNbbs mobile app
09-16-2017 09:33 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
I turned it off after the 3rd lol.

09-16-2017 09:34 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Indeed. After having done nothing right in the 1st half it was good the team came back ready to play in the 2nd half. They had to dig deep, REAL deep to find what it took to win. Let this be a lesson for us.

On to Wagner!
09-16-2017 09:34 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
First one can be hardest to get.

Hope there are many, many more to come.
09-17-2017 07:54 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(09-16-2017 09:34 PM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  I turned it off after the 3rd lol.

#BandwagonBronco
09-17-2017 10:11 AM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2017 10:11 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  #BandwagonBronco

That's a cute hashtag. The rest of us will continue to be critical when necessary and deserved, while you ride the bandwagon and pretend everything's peachy.
09-17-2017 10:35 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2017 10:35 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  

That's a cute hashtag. The rest of us will continue to be critical when necessary and deserved, while you ride the bandwagon and pretend everything's peachy.

#Fleckdashian #Flecktard
09-17-2017 10:38 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2017 10:38 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  #Fleckdashian #Flecktard

Yup, was one of the very few who saw it coming even when we were 1-11.

Feel free to hitch your wagon to the "blame Fleck, everything will be fine" crowd, because I'm not convinced yet.
09-17-2017 10:43 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2017 10:35 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  

When we couldn't take care of a 2 win Kent last year we heard......." They were taking them for granted, the team got it done when they had to, might be PJ's best coached game," along with other slobbering metaphors.

When Lester, with less talent on the field, can't take out a 9 win team, he's incompetent. #BandwagonBroncos #WesternWalmarters
09-17-2017 10:45 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Idaho is not a 9-win team this year. 03-lmfao

Keep stretching that narrative bud.
09-17-2017 11:04 AM
Advertisement

Broncos83 Offline
All American

I'm with Dip on this one. It is the first year of a coaching change. For those that have forgotten, PJ's 2013 team wasn't exactly "in sync" from Day 1. Bad penalties, questionable play calling, wasted time outs, undisciplined play from time to time. Like it or not, we have a new head coach and nearly all new staff. If I recall correctly, several on this board questioned PJ's OC and DC well into the 2014 season. They turned out just fine. Who knows if Lester is the answer...I just know it's way too early to judge. Also, does anyone have a count on how many freshmen, redshirt freshmen, sophomores and redshirt sophomores are seeing action this year? Outside of the starting LB unit, this D is very young. I think this team has the chance to improve significantly throughout the year!
09-17-2017 11:13 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2017 11:13 AM)Broncos83 Wrote:  I'm with Dip on this one. It is the first year of a coaching change. For those that have forgotten, PJ's 2013 team wasn't exactly "in sync" from Day 1. Bad penalties, questionable play calling, wasted time outs, undisciplined play from time to time. Like it or not, we have a new head coach and nearly all new staff. If I recall correctly, several on this board questioned PJ's OC and DC well into the 2014 season. They turned out just fine. Who knows if Lester is the answer...I just know it's way too early to judge. Also, does anyone have a count on how many freshmen, redshirt freshmen, sophomores and redshirt sophomores are seeing action this year? Outside of the starting LB unit, this D is very young. I think this team has the chance to improve significantly throughout the year!

I get your point, and I'm as guilty of too little patience as anyone, but you DO understand why people would show less patience to a new staff this year, right?
09-17-2017 11:38 AM
Broncos83 Offline
All American

Yes, I completely understand. I'm as impatient as any fan. But, I think I (and others) underestimated the fact that we're breaking in a QB that hasn't seen ANY game action since HS, replacing a great leader and career stat leader at QB, a STAR and truly elite WR, a 2nd round NFL draft pick O-linemen, BOTH starting D-ends, etc. Last year was magic, I told myself (and others) to really make sure to enjoy it. That's why I hit many road games including the Cotton Bowl. 2016 was not the norm. One of the greatest MAC teams ever in my opinion. It is frustrating watching this year's team compared to last year's team. I think we're in for many more back-and-forth games like last night. I'm sure that will be enough to send many bandwagon fans packing (I'm not calling you and others on this board a band wagon fan by the way!). I'm hoping things are on the upswing.
09-17-2017 11:54 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

It was magic. It was also a schedualing dream. NW and Illinois set the table. NIU CMU BSU were down and we got lower end teams from the East.
09-17-2017 12:01 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-17-2017 12:01 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  It was magic. It was also a schedualing dream. NW and Illinois set the table. NIU CMU BSU were down and we got lower end teams from the East.

PJ must live a charmed life, he always seems to luck out with timing. Look at Minnesota's schedule this season-all the tough games are at home except for 2, no OSU at all and three absolute cupcakes OOC.
09-17-2017 12:03 PM
Advertisement

Broncos83 Offline
All American

Yes. Scheduling definitely played a huge part of last season for sure. Staff continuity, 2 manageable P5 games, NIU, UT and EMU at home, a down GA Southern team at home, great MAC East matchups. Minimal major injuries as well. Exactly why I knew to relish it. Things don't align like that very often for sure.
09-17-2017 12:25 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2017 12:03 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
(09-17-2017 12:01 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  It was magic. It was also a schedualing dream. NW and Illinois set the table. NIU CMU BSU were down and we got lower end teams from the East.

PJ must live a charmed life, he always seems to luck out with timing. Look at Minnesota's schedule this season-all the tough games are at home except for 2, no OSU at all and three absolute cupcakes OOC.

Case in point, MTSU is a good P5. Their QB is very good, he's the coach's son. Got hurt, missed the Mini game.

Outside of WI, the Pig 10 West is the worst it's been in ages. It's the MAC East.
09-17-2017 12:40 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

13-1 and BCS bowl seasons was not going to be our new reality anymore than it was for NIU after their Orange Bowl year.
09-17-2017 12:49 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

Congrats Coach Lester on your first win and first win at Waldo as head coach of the Broncos!

(09-17-2017 11:13 AM)Broncos83 Wrote:  I'm with Dip on this one. It is the first year of a coaching change. For those that have forgotten, PJ's 2013 team wasn't exactly "in sync" from Day 1. Bad penalties, questionable play calling, wasted time outs, undisciplined play from time to time.
Definitely agree with this. That 2013 team was brutal in all ways possible. I think what’s concerning a lot of fans is that Lester has a lot of talent to work with.

(09-17-2017 12:03 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  

Yep, and taking a 9-3 Minny team that had an open head coaching job.

(09-17-2017 12:49 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  13-1 and BCS bowl seasons was not going to be our new reality anymore than it was for NIU after their Orange Bowl year.

For sure. However I think one thing to keep in mind is that NIU is still kind of riding that success. Didn’t they win the MAC West 6 or 7 years in a row, including a few after their Orange Bowl? Last year, their worst year in quite a while, they were still a legit threat. I don’t think anyone is expecting a BCS bowl anytime soon, but we must maintain the Cotton Bowl momentum like NIU’s been able to do.
(09-17-2017 12:40 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Outside of WI, the Pig 10 West is the worst it's been in ages. It's the MAC East.

Minny should be good too, and Purdue looks better than expected. (though they'll probably dip when Big 10 play starts)
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 06:28 PM by Bronco'14.)
09-17-2017 06:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.