Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Huskies
Bookmark and Share
dpgohuskies Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
Go Huskies
What a great win for the team and for the coaches, congratulations to all of them, they played and coached as hard as they could and achieved a great win in front of huge crowd on the road, that is a great accomplishment.

1. I said in my prediction that our defense is legit, I am ready to call them the best unit on that side of the ball since my fandom began in 1996.

2. I was wrong about Jordan Huff, he is the feature player on offense, we need to be building game plans around his ability, more power runs, more play action off of his presence, these extended periods where he doesn't see the field or the ball have to come to an end, we can win a lot of games with this defense if we just help them

3. Coach Carey is doing a great job of getting the team ready to play, I am not a big Carey fan, I have never cared for his personality, but our team has been ready to play every game, they have brought a great effort to every game, and they are playing great ball for each other, that starts with the coach.

4. I was one on the board that during the game was very disappointed in our offense, and those of us who were that way were actually correct, they did blow the lead like we feared they would, but then the unexpected happened, they responded, they made several plays in a row, and took back the victory, they did not play their best game, but they found a way to fight back and get it done

Its a great time to be a fan, this team is laying in the weeds waiting for some conference teams who have no idea how good we can really be. We have not played our best game, I think we have the best defense in the conference, and that is going to keep us relevant for the rest of this season

Ill be working on keeping a more open mind and enjoying the ride, could get really interesting from here.

Go Huskies!
09-16-2017 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Go Huskies
(09-16-2017 08:31 PM)dpgohuskies Wrote:  What a great win for the team and for the coaches, congratulations to all of them, they played and coached as hard as they could and achieved a great win in front of huge crowd on the road, that is a great accomplishment.

1. I said in my prediction that our defense is legit, I am ready to call them the best unit on that side of the ball since my fandom began in 1996.

2. I was wrong about Jordan Huff, he is the feature player on offense, we need to be building game plans around his ability, more power runs, more play action off of his presence, these extended periods where he doesn't see the field or the ball have to come to an end, we can win a lot of games with this defense if we just help them

3. Coach Carey is doing a great job of getting the team ready to play, I am not a big Carey fan, I have never cared for his personality, but our team has been ready to play every game, they have brought a great effort to every game, and they are playing great ball for each other, that starts with the coach.

4. I was one on the board that during the game was very disappointed in our offense, and those of us who were that way were actually correct, they did blow the lead like we feared they would, but then the unexpected happened, they responded, they made several plays in a row, and took back the victory, they did not play their best game, but they found a way to fight back and get it done

Its a great time to be a fan, this team is laying in the weeds waiting for some conference teams who have no idea how good we can really be. We have not played our best game, I think we have the best defense in the conference, and that is going to keep us relevant for the rest of this season

Ill be working on keeping a more open mind and enjoying the ride, could get really interesting from here.

Go Huskies!

I just hope that this good defense is not ruined by the offense. Watching this Toledo game tonight, Huskies are going to need more than 200 yards to beat them. Its hard to imagine NIU keeping pace with this Toledo offense the way offensive possessions are being treated now.
09-16-2017 08:49 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Welcome to my line of thinking. How do we get Carey to grow a pair????
09-16-2017 09:19 PM
dpgohuskies Offline
2nd String

(09-16-2017 09:19 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  Welcome to my line of thinking. How do we get Carey to grow a pair????

Tape doesn't lie, and his tape is pretty good
09-16-2017 09:33 PM
Advertisement

NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
Toledo's offense is not as great as you think. I was at the UT game last night and two, if not three of their touchdowns, were when Tulsa's DB's fell and the receivers were open by 15 to 25 yards. Toledo's defense is as porous as normal. It was definitely an entertaining game and they had a huge walk up crowd. Toledo had a muffed extra point, ran back a blocked extra point for two points and scored on all their possessions in the second half.
09-17-2017 11:58 AM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I am sort of wondering if the coaches are mixing it up a bit with the backs to keep Huff's legs fresh for Q4 and then counting on him big time and running the ball for first downs to kill clock when we have a lead and hitting big running plays when we don't. This would have some additional benefits in getting touches for the back(s) of the future, keeping the backups engaged and motivated etc.

If that is what they are doing it makes sense to me, however I am no expert and I might be off base. I also remember earlier in Huff's career he seemed to want to come out in the middle of drives after long runs etc. It could be that his conditioning has improved and that is no longer an issue but it could also be that he is the kind of guy that needs to be spelled a bit and cannot and should not be the featured back for nearly all of the plays throughout the game.
09-17-2017 12:06 PM
Red Dog Offline
Special Teams

Fantastic win! The squad made Huskie nation proud on Saturday.

Go Huskies! Beat Aztecs!
09-18-2017 01:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.