Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Improvements our Football team must make:
Bookmark and Share
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Improvements our Football team must make:
Grading the Rutgers Game and improvements we must make before Ohio:

Offense: C 1) can't have false starts 2) can't have a 15 yard penalty due to hands in the face mask while blocking. 3) Can't have 6 dropped passes that were crucial for converting 3rd downs ( yes, I'm looking at Porter). 4) Can not fumble Vann. 5) Can not hike the ball over the QBs head when we're 2nd goal from the 3yard line. 6) Coaching staff should never ever ever have the QB in shotgun formation inside the 10. He should be under center!!!! 7) O-Line needs to run blocking better!!!

Special Teams: C- We didn't give up the home run, but our kick offs were short a couple of times, and we allowed Rutgers to get a few returns up field. Our punter (not Roback) had a couple 25-30 yarders...not going to work! FG team allowed a block kick and then either the holder or Fricano almost compounded the error by actually shot putting the ball into the end zone which could have been picked off and returned for a game winning TD. I would have given a lower grade but we converted 3 Fgs.

Defense: A+ Our offense couldn't flip the field most of the game and our D held them to 13 points while working on a short field. Brody Hoying, Max Crosby, and Jeremiah Harris our down right studs!!!

Ok...I know I'm being critical but we celebrated yesterday and now it's time to make improvements.

The good news like ETough said, that even though we didn't play our best game, we found a way to win. That's fricking very awesome!!! This team is creating an identity for themselves that will battle to the end and not accept losing. When was the last time we felt that kind of identity? This team plays physical!!

Finally regarding our Offense and O-Line, I know I was harsh but I truly believe they will improve tremendously as they gain experience playing with each other game to game. I certainly Expect false starts and inadvertent hands to the face to be corrected. I also don't ever expect Porter to drop so many passes. And, this is a big and.. our offensive line is practicing perhaps against the best defense and D-Line in the MAC. I mean are their two better ends than Crosby and Harris? I don't think so. Our O-Line will get better because of the D-Line!

At any rate, I love the direction CC has this program going but we have a must win against Ohio!!!
09-10-2017 07:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: Improvements our Football team must make:
(09-10-2017 07:44 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Grading the Rutgers Game and improvements we must make before Ohio:

Offense: C 1) can't have false starts 2) can't have a 15 yard penalty due to hands in the face mask while blocking. 3) Can't have 6 dropped passes that were crucial for converting 3rd downs ( yes, I'm looking at Porter). 4) Can not fumble Vann. 5) Can not hike the ball over the QBs head when we're 2nd goal from the 3yard line. 6) Coaching staff should never ever ever have the QB in shotgun formation inside the 10. He should be under center!!!! 7) O-Line needs to run blocking better!!!

Special Teams: C- We didn't give up the home run, but our kick offs were short a couple of times, and we allowed Rutgers to get a few returns up field. Our punter (not Roback) had a couple 25-30 yarders...not going to work! FG team allowed a block kick and then either the holder or Fricano almost compounded the error by actually shot putting the ball into the end zone which could have been picked off and returned for a game winning TD. I would have given a lower grade but we converted 3 Fgs.

Defense: A+ Our offense couldn't flip the field most of the game and our D held them to 13 points while working on a short field. Brody Hoying, Max Crosby, and Jeremiah Harris our down right studs!!!

Ok...I know I'm being critical but we celebrated yesterday and now it's time to make improvements.

The good news like ETough said, that even though we didn't play our best game, we found a way to win. That's fricking very awesome!!! This team is creating an identity for themselves that will battle to the end and not accept losing. When was the last time we felt that kind of identity? This team plays physical!!

Finally regarding our Offense and O-Line, I know I was harsh but I truly believe they will improve tremendously as they gain experience playing with each other game to game. I certainly Expect false starts and inadvertent hands to the face to be corrected. I also don't ever expect Porter to drop so many passes. And, this is a big and.. our offensive line is practicing perhaps against the best defense and D-Line in the MAC. I mean are their two better ends than Crosby and Harris? I don't think so. Our O-Line will get better because of the D-Line!

At any rate, I love the direction CC has this program going but we have a must win against Ohio!!!

Time management by coaching staff, otherwise decent list of improvements that need to be made. We really miss Barnes re punting.
09-11-2017 04:20 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: Improvements our Football team must make:
We have been very fortunate with the Juco DT's. Need to keep bringing them in. Very difficult to get high school kids that are big enough and physical enough to play those positions effectively, even after 2 years. Those big physical guys set the line of scrimmage, keep the OLinemen from getting to the second level, and allow the LB's to run free and aggressive and make plays. I harp on the recruiting all the time, but this is the one area we've done well. Need to keep it up.
09-11-2017 09:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.