MAC is back!
Bookmark and Share
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
MAC is back!
In addition to EMU's landmark win;

CMU crushed Kansas 45-27.
Shane Morris was 28-37 for 467 yards and 5 TD's! Wow. He is gonna dominate this conference.

WMU hung with MSU, losing 28-14.
Ball State, Miami, N Illinois, and Kent State all won.
This is a great time to be a MAC fan.
09-10-2017 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

RE: MAC is back!
Dear Bob,
I can never root for Central. I have a long memory of them voting to kick us out of the MAC in 1981. At least Western abstained in that vote. We used whatever influence we had to help get Central into the MAC, and just seven years later they vote to kick us out. Never,never, never.
09-10-2017 09:10 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-10-2017 08:52 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  In addition to EMU's landmark win;

CMU crushed Kansas 45-27.
Shane Morris was 28-37 for 467 yards and 5 TD's! Wow. He is gonna dominate this conference.

WMU hung with MSU, losing 28-14.
Ball State, Miami, N Illinois, and Kent State all won.
This is a great time to be a MAC fan.

Bob, you are 1/2 correct.

The MAC WEST is BEST. The MAC East is not a beast and hasn't been.

This is a constant theme of mine: EMU has to win vs. the best teams of the MAC, those in the MAC West.

If we were in the MAC EAST we would probably be the divisional favorite.

MAC WEST was 5 - 1 yesterday with MSU hanging with MSU as the sole loss.
09-10-2017 09:11 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

According to the WMU boards, they didn't hang with MSU at all.........they got dominated on both sides of the ball. Their only 2 scores were a 100 yard KO return by Phillips, and a 67 yard fumble recovery TD by Phillips. That guy is probably the best player in the MAC.

He also had a 100 yard KO return for TD against USC last week. We absolutely have to kick away from that guy when we play them.

As everybody knew, their issues are QB and WR. MSU loaded up the line of scrimmage and stopped the run, and their offense really struggled.

Jury still very much out on CMU. Team and Morris played terrible and should have lost against a horrible Rhode Island team week 1, then both did a complete 180 and smacked a Big 12 team this week. ????????????

Toledo still seems to be the frontrunner at this point. Expect them to get beat by Tulsa this week at home though.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 10:43 AM by EagleTough.)
09-10-2017 10:36 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

I would bet the house on Toledo at home vs Tulsa. Tulsa got crushed by Okie State week one. I really like UT this season. They are the class of the MAC until further notice.
09-10-2017 11:02 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
I'll be very interested in seeing how we do against Ohio U., Kentucky and Army. Army will be a good test of our defense since the option has been problematic for us in the past.
09-10-2017 11:03 AM
Advertisement

george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
CMU - sure we looked great, but it's Kansas. They are the Rutgers of the B12.
EMU - possible 4-0 start. I dont think Ohio is good and UK is winnable.
WMU - got smoked by MSU, don't let the score fool you. Could be dangerous though.
UT - still think thye are the MAC favorites.

I try not to put too much stock into OOC. I have watched CMU routinely beat P5 teams then end up 4-4 in the MAC. One thing is for sure though, WMU does not have a QB. Teams are going to stack the box and make him throw.
09-10-2017 11:12 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

We will have a chance to upset UK. All you can ask is give yourself a chance to win and I think we will be in it in the 4th. These are the P5 games we should have been playing for years. No upside going against OSU, MSU, Penn State, Florida, LSU, U-M. P5 paydays AND W's or close games is how you build winning prorams.
09-10-2017 11:14 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(09-10-2017 11:12 AM)george14 Wrote:  CMU - sure we looked great, but it's Kansas. They are the Rutgers of the B12.
WMU - got smoked by MSU, don't let the score fool you. Could be dangerous though.

I try not to put too much stock into OOC. I have watched CMU routinely beat P5 teams then end up 4-4 in the MAC. One thing is for sure though, WMU does not have a QB. Teams are going to stack the box and make him throw.

The problem CMU has is the same as EMU's: We could be a good team but have to play TOL, WMU, NIU, CMU, and BSU. That schedule will knock dock any MAC team.

I remember CMU getting destroyed by WMU.
09-10-2017 11:19 AM
george14 Offline
1st String

(09-10-2017 11:19 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 11:12 AM)george14 Wrote:  CMU - sure we looked great, but it's Kansas. They are the Rutgers of the B12.

The problem CMU has is the same as EMU's: We could be a good team but have to play TOL, WMU, NIU, CMU, and BSU. That schedule will knock dock any MAC team.

I remember CMU getting destroyed by WMU.

Yeah and our injuries are already piling up. Just lost 2 of our top 3 WR. Have been without our top TE. Injuries happen of course, but last year we got battered around too. The UVA game we lost our top 2 DBs, top WR, and 2 RBs. We wouldn't have beaten WMU anyway, but we were very injured and got humiliated.
09-10-2017 11:28 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-10-2017 11:02 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  I would bet the house on Toledo at home vs Tulsa. Tulsa got crushed by Okie State week one. I really like UT this season. They are the class of the MAC until further notice.

Gonna be homeless. Likely a 100+ point shootout.

Everyone picked Toledo as the MAC frontrunner, which they are. No team in the MAC has anything like what their defense will face in the Tulsa offense.

Should provide a nice blueprint as to how to beat Toledo.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 12:15 PM by EagleTough.)
09-10-2017 12:12 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

Said it before the season began, our biggest hurdle to overcome this year is the schedule.
09-10-2017 12:24 PM
Lefty One Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Minnesota
MAC will not be back at all until it starts doing better in bowl games. Was 0-6 last year.
09-10-2017 03:24 PM
george14 Offline
1st String

(09-10-2017 03:24 PM)Lefty One Wrote:  MAC will not be back at all until it starts doing better in bowl games. Was 0-6 last year.

Yeah and consistently beat P5 teams. I am not satisfied with wins only over bad P5 teams.
09-10-2017 07:40 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(09-10-2017 11:14 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  We will have a chance to upset UK. All you can ask is give yourself a chance to win and I think we will be in it in the 4th. These are the P5 games we should have been playing for years. No upside going against OSU, MSU, Penn State, Florida, LSU, U-M. P5 paydays AND W's or close games is how you build winning prorams.

Everyone needs to calm down on predicting Anything against Kentucky. We are only concentrating on Ohio. If we lost at Rutgers, all of us would be talking Ohio. So please participate in what Creighton is preaching " Let's go 1-0 each week!"

Everyone please focus on Ohio. Now I feel better lol.
09-10-2017 07:50 PM
Chippitt Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CMU, Pitt
(09-10-2017 09:10 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Bob,
I can never root for Central. I have a long memory of them voting to kick us out of the MAC in 1981. At least Western abstained in that vote. We used whatever influence we had to help get Central into the MAC, and just seven years later they vote to kick us out. Never,never, never.

Ken,

I think your version of events has some holes in it. Central and Eastern joined the MAC together in 1971. What influence did EMU, as a non-member, use to help Central join the MAC?

https://www.si.com/vault/1971/08/02/6116...f-the-week

In 1984, EMU and WMU voted against Eastern's expulsion from the MAC. Central abstained.

https://sportspolitico.com/2016/12/23/wh...-followed/
09-12-2017 07:57 AM
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Chippitt,
Sorry, it is your story that has holes in it. First, i am referring to what happened in 1981 not 1984. You seem to have not focused on that important date, and if one goes back to the early seventies one will find that even though both schools were admitted to the MAC in the same year, Eastern was admitted first. Therefore, the point that we then used whatever influence we had, to admit Central into the league.
If you want proof of what happened in 1981, research the Detroit News or Detroit Free Press late summer of that year. The reporter for the News was Larry Middlemas, and I believe the reporter for the Free Press was Joe Falls.
I know it is hard for Central people to believe their school could act the way it did, but it did.
09-12-2017 08:19 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
(09-12-2017 07:57 AM)Chippitt Wrote:  

Ken,

I think your version of events has some holes in it. Central and Eastern joined the MAC together in 1971. What influence did EMU, as a non-member, use to help Central join the MAC?

In 1984, EMU and WMU voted against Eastern's expulsion from the MAC. Central abstained.

Chippitt,

Don't even attempt to reason with Kenny-Boy, aka Mr. Sh!tstain. His version of events is totally skewered by his HATE for everything CMU. The evidence you cite is factual. His is "fake news" by a third-rate reporter who tried to stir things up years ago. My sister went to EMU, do I hate her? Absolutely not. Do I hate the Huronators? Absolutely not. It's a great second-rate rivalry. See everyone at Kelly/Shorts Stadium!
09-12-2017 08:25 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Chip Enema,
As usual, you only refer to one of the votes taken in 1984. The first vote was to kick Eastern football out of the MAC, and it was 8-2 with Central voting with the eight. As usual you continue to disrespect a good reporter who worked for the Detroit News at the time.
I was wrong in stating 1981, it was 1984 that the votes took place.
You and Chippitt should go back to page 15 on your website to review the research of the article in the Detroit News at the time this came about.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 12:59 PM by Ken Barna.)
09-12-2017 08:57 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-12-2017 08:25 AM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  
(09-12-2017 07:57 AM)Chippitt Wrote:  

Ken,

Chippitt,

Don't even attempt to reason with Kenny-Boy, aka Mr. Sh!tstain. His version of events is totally skewered by his HATE for everything CMU. The evidence you cite is factual. His is "fake news" by a third-rate reporter who tried to stir things up years ago. My sister went to EMU, do I hate her? Absolutely not. Do I hate the Huronators? Absolutely not. It's a great second-rate rivalry. See everyone at Kelly/Shorts Stadium!

A guy who calls himself ENEMA, deriding others as Sh!tstain..............Mount Pleasant inbred through and through. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 09:39 AM by EagleTough.)
09-12-2017 09:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.