Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Memphis-UCF Make-Up Date
Bookmark and Share
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
Memphis-UCF Make-Up Date
Move the game to Sept 30th when Memphis was scheduled to play at Ga State and UCF was slated to host Maine. Instead, have Ga State host Maine and Memphis play at UCF. Nobody loses a home game, nobody loses a conference game, and both games are more competitive match-ups.

The downside might be that there is one less AAC game to televise, but the resulting game is more desirable.

Another thought is, depending on how bad Irma is, will Orlando even be ready to host a game by Sept 30th.

Anyway, I think this shift is worth considering.
09-08-2017 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
RE: Memphis-UCF Make-Up Date
Arkansas State is available for November 30th, and looking for a game, but it will have to be in Jonesboro.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 09:50 AM by Seminole Indian.)
09-08-2017 09:44 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers
(09-08-2017 09:39 AM)hsvtiger Wrote:  Move the game to Sept 30th when Memphis was scheduled to play at Ga State and UCF was slated to host Maine. Instead, have Ga State host Maine and Memphis play at UCF. Nobody loses a home game, nobody loses a conference game, and both games are more competitive match-ups.

The downside might be that there is one less AAC game to televise, but the resulting game is more desirable.

Another thought is, depending on how bad Irma is, will Orlando even be ready to host a game by Sept 30th.

Good idea but not gonna happen...imo the ucf game Would only happen if they have the same bye week.
09-08-2017 09:44 AM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

(09-08-2017 09:44 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 09:39 AM)hsvtiger Wrote:  Move the game to Sept 30th when Memphis was scheduled to play at Ga State and UCF was slated to host Maine. Instead, have Ga State host Maine and Memphis play at UCF. Nobody loses a home game, nobody loses a conference game, and both games are more competitive match-ups.

Good idea but not gonna happen...imo the ucf game Would only happen if they have the same bye week.

Depends on how badly the AAC and ESPN want this game played. I am OK with not playing it as long as its omission does not enter into tie-breaking scenarios for division championships.

This would also give GaState 2 FCS opponents and I think you can only apply one FCS win to bowl eligibility, but Ga State will not likely be bowl-eligible anyway and the NCAA could issue a waiver for this particular situation anyway. There will be several teams this year that play less than their 12 scheduled games, so adjustments in bowl-eligibility requirements may be necessary anyway.
09-08-2017 09:50 AM
MtownTigers916 Offline
Tiger PhD

I Root For: Memphis
We should just play Arkansas State tomorrow since Miami bailed on them. I feel bad for ASU-- was going to be their largest crowd in school history and had upset written all over it. I was surprised Miami cancelled an away game, but no one is going to question or scrutinize a decision based on a hurricane.
09-08-2017 09:58 AM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2017 09:58 AM)MtownTigers916 Wrote:  We should just play Arkansas State tomorrow since Miami bailed on them. I feel bad for ASU-- was going to be their largest crowd in school history and had upset written all over it. I was surprised Miami cancelled an away game, but no one is going to question or scrutinize a decision based on a hurricane.

Tough break for Boise State South.
09-08-2017 09:59 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(09-08-2017 09:58 AM)MtownTigers916 Wrote:  We should just play Arkansas State tomorrow since Miami bailed on them. I feel bad for ASU-- was going to be their largest crowd in school history and had upset written all over it. I was surprised Miami cancelled an away game, but no one is going to question or scrutinize a decision based on a hurricane.
Frick ark state. Those annoying pests.
09-08-2017 10:01 AM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love

I understand the concern for Miami with getting their players back home following the game.
09-08-2017 10:01 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

(09-08-2017 10:01 AM)shere khan Wrote:  

Would be a good game, ,and know they are looking for a game, so I bet you they at least talk.

They are pretty good, probably better than UCF, and Memphis is real good.

They would be replacing a quality opponent with a quality opponent, which would be fair for their fans.

Their coach said he will only consider a home game though, which might be a show stopper.
09-08-2017 10:11 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

09-08-2017 10:15 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2017 10:11 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  

Would be a good game, ,and know they are looking for a game, so I bet you they at least talk.

They are pretty good, probably better than UCF, and Memphis is real good.

They would be replacing a quality opponent with a quality opponent, which would be fair for their fans.

Their coach said he will only consider a home game though, which might be a show stopper.

This game could and should happen if it was here but that's not happening.
09-08-2017 10:17 AM
Advertisement

Seminole Indian Offline
All American

They will probably end up with a FCS if they can get any but their fans deserve a home game against a top 25 caliber opponent.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 10:22 AM by Seminole Indian.)
09-08-2017 10:21 AM
MtownTigers916 Offline
Tiger PhD

(09-08-2017 10:21 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  They will probably end up with a FCS if they can get any but their fans deserve a home game against a top 25 caliber opponent.

I would be down for it. Unfortunately, our AD would be raked over the coals if we agreed to this and lost.
09-08-2017 10:56 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!

What happened to you? I didn't even recognize you.
09-08-2017 11:14 AM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

(09-08-2017 10:15 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/co...s-contract[/b]

Reading this definitely supports the idea of what I proposed in the original post. Especially if the AAC follows the SEC's lead and says you must play full conference slate to qualify for league championship game.

Sucks for Ark St regarding Miami home game. Miami may have just seen an opportunity to bail on the obligation. I mean they need to evacuate anyway, so why not head to Jonesboro as planned.
09-08-2017 11:23 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity

I talked to two Arkansas State buddies, and believe me they are questioning the decision.

Rick Neuheisal too: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo...sas-state/

"Neuheisel, in an interview with ESPNU Radio, called it “suspicious” that Miami is not willing to play the game.

“I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with being very safe and an ounce of prevention, right, the old saying, but FAU, which is sitting there in Boca, is traveling to Wisconsin this week,” Neuheisel said. “FIU has changed their home game with Alcorn State to travel to Birmingham and play. South Florida’s traveling to Connecticut to play."

Irma gives Miami a no-criticize pass, but they just didn't want to play the game, IMO.
09-08-2017 11:27 AM
Advertisement

TigerinFL Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
UCF may not have much of a facility after this storm. All their games left may be road games.
09-08-2017 11:33 AM
TigerGrad02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
USF/UConn was cancelled FYI
09-08-2017 12:07 PM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

On a positive note....more time to prepare for UCLA
09-08-2017 12:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(09-08-2017 11:33 AM)TigerinFL Wrote:  UCF may not have much of a facility after this storm. All their games left may be road games.

Orlando will be fine...Storm will be a Cat 2 Cat 3 by the time it gets there and there is no chance of any type of storm surge since orlando is 30 miles inland.
09-08-2017 02:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.