WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Calm Down
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Calm Down
While I was impressed as any on here with the showing at USC, it was a loss. That's not good enough where we want to be. Yah, we put up a fight and were in the game unlike our fellow MAC peers who played Top 10 programs (Akron and Kent St), but that won't sell tickets. That won't put butts in the seats. That won't make people excited about Bronco football. It was disappointing. A great team would've pulled the upset off. Look at Liberty vs Baylor. No one saw that coming. No one. We could've and should've done the same but we're 0 for 1. The USC game was huge, but a W would've been talked about all week.

I remember in Fleck's first game Year 1 vs Michigan St, we put up a very solid fight. We ended up winning 1 game that year on kind of a flukey, trick-type play vs Massachusetts.

We still have to get Lester his first win. We still have to get some solid wins with Lester.

Calm down people. We still have a loooong ways to go. It's nice seeing that the cupboard isn't bare but it doesn't mean anything if we can't get some Ws.

It starts this Saturday vs Michigan St. Sparty beat a bottom-of-the-pack Bowling Green St team. If the USC game was any indication, we should be a top MAC team. We can handle Sparty.

Let's Ride!
09-04-2017 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

New School Bronco Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
RE: Calm Down
A loss is a loss no matter how good we looked. If our passing game doesnt improve we wont win more than 7 games
09-04-2017 09:52 AM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

Calm Down
WMU struggled to keep pace with an abysmal MSU team in 2013. We went 1-11 that year for a reason. This year is much different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-04-2017 10:42 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(09-04-2017 10:42 AM)wingsenforcer Wrote:  WMU struggled to keep pace with an abysmal MSU team in 2013. We went 1-11 that year for a reason. This year is much different.

MSU went 13-1 in 2013.
09-04-2017 11:02 AM
tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

We're on a two game losing streak. Need to put an end to that right now.
09-04-2017 11:29 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(09-04-2017 10:42 AM)wingsenforcer Wrote:  WMU struggled to keep pace with an abysmal MSU team in 2013. We went 1-11 that year for a reason. This year is much different.

[Image: am8gm9.jpg]
09-04-2017 11:39 AM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

This thread...
09-04-2017 12:52 PM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

Calm Down
MSU had zero offensive capability when WMU played in EL in 2013. Get your heads out of the sand and consider circumstances other than just records.

09-04-2017 01:55 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2017 01:55 PM)wingsenforcer Wrote:  MSU had zero offensive capability when WMU played in EL in 2013. Get your heads out of the sand and consider circumstances other than just records.

If I remember correctly MSU was shuffling QB's at the time... and neithwr was gaining much traction. Terrell threw his first ever pass for a TD in that game too!
09-04-2017 02:03 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

There were some circumstances that made their offense less dangerous (and it was never particularly great that year).

Still, a little odd to refer to that team as "abysmal". They still had a great defense and basically shut us down all game.
09-04-2017 02:06 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(09-04-2017 09:41 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  That won't make people excited about Bronco football. It was disappointing. A great team would've pulled the upset off. Look at Liberty vs Baylor. No one saw that coming. No one. We could've and should've done the same but we're 0 for 1. The USC game was huge, but a W would've been talked about all week.

So, who said that WMU was a GREAT team? Exactly nobody around here that I can recall. We believe that we have a shot at being a pretty darn good team but nobody is jumping the gun around here except you apparently. You seem to think that beating a top 5 team is child's play. WMU has beaten exactly ONE top 25 team (Toledo) in our history. Yes, it would have been great had our guys pulled off the upset but it didn't happen. There are no moral victories. I don't believe in them and neither does our staff and players.

Quote:Calm down people.

WTF you talking about? Calm down?

With that said, go Broncos. Beat Sparty. We're on a 2 game losing streak to two top 10 P5 programs. This third straight game against a P5 is the most winnable. Time to get it done this week.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 02:17 PM by MileHighBronco.)
09-04-2017 02:14 PM
Advertisement

Nacho Online
Heisman

Don't tell me to calm down.
09-04-2017 04:03 PM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

(09-04-2017 02:03 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 01:55 PM)wingsenforcer Wrote:  MSU had zero offensive capability when WMU played in EL in 2013. Get your heads out of the sand and consider circumstances other than just records.

If I remember correctly MSU was shuffling QB's at the time... and neithwr was gaining much traction. Terrell threw his first ever pass for a TD in that game too!

Finally, someone who gets my drift.
09-04-2017 08:05 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:A loss is a loss no matter how good we looked. If our passing game doesnt improve we wont win more than 7 games

All losses are not created equal, so I disagree with you on that. Our loss was better than CMU's win against RI as far as forecasting how good the team is. But I agree with you that if our passing game doesn't improve, we won't do so hot. We'll lose to MSU, @Toledo, @NIU, and at least ONE of @BSU/@Buffalo/CMU/@EMU/Idaho. Our loss showed our D can step up, and that our QB can run pretty well when the passing game is covered so much like USC did -- and obviously our running game is good.

But as someone noted in another thread, USC played a 2-4-5 which covers us pretty well (with no shortage of blitzes tho) .... and it is @USC, and your first game playing QB in 3 years. So it's not a stretch to expect it to turn out to be At Least OKAY in the near future. MSU is strong on D, so I don't expect it to be night & day at all against MSU, but it should give us a better outlook. How he does against Idaho + D1AA ... by the end of those games, we should be able to see how we'll be in the passing dept in the season.

How good we'll be will depend on our passing game. I think MSU is going to load the box and dare us to pass. That'll make or break the game.
09-05-2017 12:08 AM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

(09-05-2017 12:08 AM)toddjnsn Wrote:  How he does against Idaho + D1AA ... by the end of those games, we should be able to see how we'll be in the passing dept in the season.

Idaho drops to FCS next year. Might as well consider them that already.
09-05-2017 08:44 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(09-05-2017 08:44 AM)wingsenforcer Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 12:08 AM)toddjnsn Wrote:  How he does against Idaho + D1AA ... by the end of those games, we should be able to see how we'll be in the passing dept in the season.

Idaho drops to FCS next year. Might as well consider them that already.

They are the toughest home game left on the schedule.
09-05-2017 08:46 AM
Advertisement

GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
MSU is a vile, dirty and absurdly ARROGANT program.

MSU fans look down their noses at WMU and the MAC on AND off the field.

No WMU student or grad should EVER support MSU against a MAC school.

This year is possibly the best opportunity WMU has ever had to shove-it up MSU.

No legit Bronco can calm down for that.

Put a knife in Sparty's throat!!!

Beat the BITCHEZ!
09-05-2017 09:08 AM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

(09-05-2017 09:08 AM)GullLake Wrote:  This year is possibly the best opportunity WMU has ever had to shove-it up MSU.

With what WMU's offensive line did to USC in 100-degree heat, I feel bad for Sparty in a more temperate, 70-degree day. Broncos put hats on hats against a crew of four- and five-star recruits in sweltering misery.

Forecast for Saturday? Pain.
09-05-2017 09:20 AM
Nacho Online
Heisman

Expect MSU visitors here. Trevor Barnes (who sold tRCMB for $$$) just posted a thread on tRCMB linking here: http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board...-106977703
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 09:34 AM by Nacho.)
09-05-2017 09:34 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(09-05-2017 09:34 AM)Nacho Wrote:  Expect MSU visitors here. Trevor Barnes (who sold tRCMB for $$$) just posted a thread on tRCMB linking here: http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board...-106977703

Uh-oh...the Save-A-Lot Sparties are upset. I hope we didn't hurt their feelings.

Just listen to these clowns. As if we should be bowing down and graciously thanking them for daring to play an away game at a MAC school two years ago. Such a huge sacrifice.

They are so far up their own asses you'd think they were U-M fans.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 10:05 AM by ColinApocalypse.)
09-05-2017 10:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.