Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who's going to be the last undefeated C-USA team?
Bookmark and Share
shizzle787 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
Thoughts?
09-03-2017 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleholic Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Who's going to be the last undefeated C-USA team?
(09-03-2017 09:39 AM)shizzle787 Wrote:  Thoughts?

Most likely, the one with the easiest schedule for the nonconference games through September.
09-03-2017 09:58 AM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
Rice.

Conference games only :)

#PoolSharks
09-03-2017 10:28 AM
Free bird Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Utsa
UTSA or WKU
09-03-2017 11:00 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(09-03-2017 11:00 AM)Free bird Wrote:  UTSA or WKU

I dunno...I agree those two have a good shot, but la tech and ODU have a shot...

I would say we could too if we had an offense... I don't think we'll beat Nc state
09-03-2017 11:03 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
If WKU can somehow find a way to beat Illinois, the next week knocks either WKU or La Tech out since we play each other.
09-03-2017 11:07 AM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
UTSA. They still have not played, it's hard to lose that way.
09-03-2017 11:09 AM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
UAB has winnable games @ Ball St then at home against Coastal Carolina. The gameplan was really vanilla yesterday so hard to say much about offense other than that there is talent there, but defense was beastly even considering the opponent. If the Blazers are good enough to take those 2 games the next one is at North Texas which would have to be considered winnable if UAB comes in 3-0. Then it's La Tech and MTSU at home after a bye week, so even if the stars align to reach 4-0 UAB is looking at 1 loss there and likely 2.
09-03-2017 11:14 AM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
ODU has UMass, UNC, VaTech next we might go one more week.
09-03-2017 11:46 AM
Free bird Offline
Water Engineer

UAB: Ball st, C. Carolina, UNT, La tech. Underdog in all 4 games.
Marshall: NC state, Kent state, Cincinnati. Underdog in NC state game by a lot and even with Cincinnati.
ODU: UMass (even), North Carolina, Virginia tech. Underdog last 2 games by a lot.
La tech: Miss st, WKU, NC state. Underdog in all 3 games.
UTSA: Houston (no game, undefeated), Baylor, Southern, TXST. Underdog only for Baylor (and we all saw Baylors performance last night).
WKU: Illinois, Latech, Ballst, UTEP. Underdog against Illinois. Slightly favored against la tech.
UNT: SMU, Iowa. Underdogs in both by a lot.

Only teams likely to make it out of the next 3 games undefeated is WKU and UTSA. If they do, WKU is favored up until they play Vanderbilt. UTSA is favor up until they play Latech at the last game. If I were to put it in order of likelyhood of teams going undefeated;

UTSA (just has to get past Baylor), WKU (just has to get past Illinois and Latech), La tech, ODU, UAB, UNT, Marshall..
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 01:57 PM by Free bird.)
09-03-2017 11:51 AM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
(09-03-2017 11:51 AM)Free bird Wrote:  Marshall: NC state, Kent state. Underdog in both games by a lot.

According to Predictor, Marshall will open as an 18.5 point underdog to NC State, but curious about the Kent State comment. Predictor has Marshall as a 12 point favorite if they played this week, Kent had 1 yard passing this week, their head coach will be out for the game, and they are projected to finish last in the division that the Miami team Marshall just beat got the most first place votes to win. If anything, Marshall will be a relatively big home favorite against Kent.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 12:35 PM by CoachMaclid.)
09-03-2017 12:35 PM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(09-03-2017 11:51 AM)Free bird Wrote:  UAB: Ball st, C. Carolina, UNT, La tech. Underdog in all 4 games.
Marshall: NC state, Kent state. Underdog in both games by a lot.
ODU: UMass (even), North Carolina, Virginia tech. Underdog last 2 games by a lot.
UTSA: Houston (no game, undefeated), Baylor, Southern, TXST. Underdog only for Baylor (and we all saw Baylors performance last night).
WKU: Illinois, Latech, Ballst, UTEP. Underdog against Illinois. Slightly favored against la tech.

Only teams likely to make it out of the next 3 games undefeated is WKU and UTSA. If they do, WKU is favored up until they play Vanderbilt. UTSA is favor up until they play Latech at the last game. If I were to put it in order of likelyhood of teams going undefeated;

UTSA (just has to get past Baylor), WKU (just has to get past Illinois and Latech), La tech, ODU, UAB, UNT, Marshall..

You are completely out of your mind if you think we will be a dog at home to Kent State... you know, your last couple of posts regarding us have been ridiculous... losing credibility very fast...
09-03-2017 12:57 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(09-03-2017 12:35 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 11:51 AM)Free bird Wrote:  Marshall: NC state, Kent state. Underdog in both games by a lot.

According to Predictor, Marshall will open as an 18.5 point underdog to NC State, but curious about the Kent State comment. Predictor has Marshall as a 12 point favorite if they played this week, Kent had 1 yard passing this week, their head coach will be out for the game, and they are projected to finish last in the division that the Miami team Marshall just beat got the most first place votes to win. If anything, Marshall will be a relatively big home favorite against Kent.

He also thought we were on the road yesterday...he has no clue what he's talking about
09-03-2017 12:59 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I have no idea which of us will be the last to suffer a loss, but I do seem to see an issue with the possible gap between the top and bottom programs.
09-03-2017 01:01 PM
Free bird Offline
Water Engineer

(09-03-2017 12:57 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 11:51 AM)Free bird Wrote:  UAB: Ball st, C. Carolina, UNT, La tech. Underdog in all 4 games.

You are completely out of your mind if you think we will be a dog at home to Kent State... you know, your last couple of posts regarding us have been ridiculous... losing credibility very fast...
You're right. That was my bad. Was looking over espns predictions for everyone too fast and had a brain fart. My bad in the Kent st part.
But does it change Marshall still being in the running to be undefeated, which is the point of this thread? Most likely no because Marshall needs to first get past NC state which NC state has a 94% win prediction. If for some miracle they do, they are at close to even odds against Cincinnati. Then there is MT which you are underdogs. So maybe it bumps you up to third on my overall list, but then again that's if you beat NC state which I don't see happening. Curious to what you are referring to that I said about Marshall that's been bugging you?
09-03-2017 01:27 PM
Free bird Offline
Water Engineer

(09-03-2017 12:59 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  

He also thought we were on the road yesterday...he has no clue what he's talking about

I did? I don't remember saying that.
09-03-2017 02:21 PM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(09-03-2017 01:27 PM)Free bird Wrote:  

You're right. That was my bad. Was looking over espns predictions for everyone too fast and had a brain fart. My bad in the Kent st part.
But does it change Marshall still being in the running to be undefeated, which is the point of this thread? Most likely no because Marshall needs to first get past NC state which NC state has a 94% win prediction. If for some miracle they do, they are at close to even odds against Cincinnati. Then there is MT which you are underdogs. So maybe it bumps you up to third on my overall list, but then again that's if you beat NC state which I don't see happening. Curious to what you are referring to that I said about Marshall that's been bugging you?

Exactly what I stated in my prior posts... Don't just read something on espn and then parrot it in a post.... at least give some insight as to why you picked that way...

Nobody gave Waestern a chance against us in 2014... espn had us favored by 17 or 21 I think..oops...they beat us..

While I agree with you that we will probably not beat NC State, this Marshall team thus far reminds me of the team that took down #6 Kansas State in Manhatten. the KEU team that won the Big 12 that year (or at least made the ccg).... anemic offense, but good defense and special teams.... and historically, we play NC State pretty well...

Ok, so you mistyped... maybe I got on you a little much...and you're new to the board... so welcome... 04-cheers

And here's +2 for sharing your thoughts...
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 03:02 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
09-03-2017 02:59 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(09-03-2017 02:21 PM)Free bird Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 12:59 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  

I did? I don't remember saying that.

Well, I can't swear that it was you, and I'm not hung up on being right... so I'll just say my apologies..

I think it might have been SSJoe
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 03:07 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
09-03-2017 03:00 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
If we beat NCState and Cincy (very unlikely), MTSU will not be favored against us. It's kind of moot to use future favorites to determine this undefeated outcome. Who's favored will change dramatically as a team approaches undefeated.
09-03-2017 03:13 PM
Free bird Offline
Water Engineer

(09-03-2017 02:59 PM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 01:27 PM)Free bird Wrote:  

Exactly what I stated in my prior posts... Don't just read something on espn and then parrot it in a post.... at least give some insight as to why you picked that way...

Nobody gave Waestern a chance against us in 2014... espn had us favored by 17 or 21 I think..oops...they beat us..

While I agree with you that we will probably not beat NC State, this Marshall team thus far reminds me of the team that took down #6 Kansas State in Manhatten. the KEU team that won the Big 12 that year (or at least made the ccg).... anemic offense, but good defense and special teams.... and historically, we play NC State pretty well...

Ok, so you mistyped... maybe I got on you a little much...and you're new to the board... so welcome... 04-cheers

And here's +2 for sharing your thoughts...
Oh of course. ESPN doesn't get it right all the time, but most, yes. I was going to give my own insight on each team and game, but thought it would be less time consuming and easier to just reference espn since my prediction is similar (not exact).
It's hard to tell how the season will play out, but if Marshall beats NCST and Cincy, then yeah I would say they would be favored against MT. I just can't write off MT right now after the game against Vandy cuz, well they are Vandy. I can say Marshall does look better than last year. Hoping you guys can pull an upset against NCst.
But I agree, espn isn't always the best source. Heck last week UTSA was favored against UNT. UTSA didn't even play this week and they dropped in rankings and now UNT is favored. Same thing happened to Houston for not playing. But yeah, it is what it is for now.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 03:59 PM by Free bird.)
09-03-2017 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.