Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Day: Charlotte
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Exclamation Game Day: Charlotte
It is officially Game Day to start the EMU FB season.

The MAC had 3 games Thursday night. Buffalo played tough vs. P.J.'s new team, Minnesota. Toledo dominated Elon while CMU struggled against FCS Rhode Island, winning in I think 3 or 4 OTs. Ward looked good for CMU as did Shane Morris. The ref was a female and she looked very good.

I like this 6: 30 p.m. Friday night game for Labor Day weekend. Great for the frosh to see their first EMU game as a college student.

Roster: http://emueagles.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Game Notes: http://emueagles.com/documents/2017/8/28...df?id=5048

Two deeps: (Page 28) http://emueagles.com/documents/2017/8/28...df?id=5048

And if I remember correctly we'll see player's names on the back of their jerseys.

ESPN3 site for those watching: http://emueagles.com/sports/2015/7/6/tes...spx?id=805
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 06:21 AM by emu steve.)
08-31-2017 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

RE: Game Day: Charlotte
Might add with some fortuitous time scheduling, the EMU game starts at 6:30 while the Rutgers game (vs. Washington) starts at 8 tonight.

Set your DVRs...
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 06:07 AM by emu steve.)
09-01-2017 06:07 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I think one of the big, under-reported stories today is how student-friendly tonight's game will be...

http://emueagles.com/index.aspx
09-01-2017 09:20 AM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
(08-31-2017 11:00 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Toledo dominated Elon while CMU struggled against FCS Rhode Island, winning in I think 3 or 4 OTs. Ward looked good for CMU as did Shane Morris. The ref was a female and she looked very good.

Sorry guys not to start arguments this early on but I'm assuming you just looked at the box score. Shane Morris was absolutely terrible. He had 1 INT, 2 fumbles, and routinely missed the open receivers or overthrew them. Everyone over at ChippewasInsider is calling for his head basically. The guy has a rocket for an arm but was wildly inaccurate. Poljan only got 2 series for some reason. Ward is indeed a beast, but our OL is garbage, plain and simple. We will finish 2-10 this season if we play like that. You guys will beat us by 30 if we play like that again.

I will say it was one of those games where we were in complete control then the wheels fell off. We were up 13-0 in the 3rd and driving into their territory. Fumbled the ball and the game changed completely. Everything we did after that was mistake. Not sure how we won that game only 30-27 in 3OT while picking off their QB 6 times. Seriously...6 INTs we had, but put up a whopping 21 points in regulation.

Good luck against Charlotte, you guys should win handily IMO.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 11:23 AM by george14.)
09-01-2017 11:23 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(09-01-2017 11:23 AM)george14 Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 11:00 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Toledo dominated Elon while CMU struggled against FCS Rhode Island, winning in I think 3 or 4 OTs. Ward looked good for CMU as did Shane Morris. The ref was a female and she looked very good.

Sorry guys not to start arguments this early on but I'm assuming you just looked at the box score. Shane Morris was absolutely terrible. He had 1 INT, 2 fumbles, and routinely missed the open receivers or overthrew them. Everyone over at ChippewasInsider is calling for his head basically. The guy has a rocket for an arm but was wildly inaccurate. Poljan only got 2 series for some reason. Ward is indeed a beast, but our OL is garbage, plain and simple. We will finish 2-10 this season if we play like that. You guys will beat us by 30 if we play like that again.

I will say it was one of those games where we were in complete control then the wheels fell off. We were up 13-0 in the 3rd and driving into their territory. Fumbled the ball and the game changed completely. Everything we did after that was mistake. Not sure how we won that game only 30-27 in 3OT while picking off their QB 6 times. Seriously...6 INTs we had, but put up a whopping 21 points in regulation.

I watched the Chips take the big lead and then watched the ref. 02-13-banana

She should be in Hollywood, not Mt. Pleasant. 04-cheers
09-01-2017 11:45 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
(09-01-2017 11:45 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

Steve, it's very difficult to become a D1 Football referee. I wonder if she got there on brains alone?
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 01:12 PM by Luckeyone.)
09-01-2017 01:11 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(09-01-2017 01:11 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

Steve, it's very difficult to become a D1 Football referee. I wonder if she got there on brains alone?

EDIT: This is her story from ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...anda-sauer
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 01:20 PM by emu steve.)
09-01-2017 01:17 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2017 01:17 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

EDIT: This is her story from ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...anda-sauer
Interesting Steve - thx.

Personally I do not like women sports announcers for football having a woman referee is painful too. I'm all for equall rights for all races and genders etc but can men have our Football???
09-01-2017 01:44 PM
vannzee Offline
Special Teams

Game Day: Charlotte
Morris looked okay. I think he trusted his arm a little to much. I can't believe CMU had 6 picks and still needed OT. They could have lost on a missed FG.

Polijan looked horrendous from what I saw. He was slow on a bubble screen that was almost an easy pick 6 and was consistently behind his receivers.
09-01-2017 01:57 PM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

After only six years and now doing DI - I'm an official and and know guys wait years just for DIII opportunities. The NCAA wants female officials and they will get them. I hope she's actually up to the task.
09-01-2017 02:00 PM
FrankAnderson Online
All American

3 hours from kickoff!

Disappointed I can't be there tonight (first season opener ive missed since 2009), but I've got my grill fired up and a cold one. Tailgating from long-distance today!
09-01-2017 02:30 PM
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear FrankAnderson,
Hope we bring a smile to your face tonight.
09-01-2017 02:48 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
(09-01-2017 02:30 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  3 hours from kickoff!

Disappointed I can't be there tonight (first season opener ive missed since 2009), but I've got my grill fired up and a cold one. Tailgating from long-distance today!

i love it!

All of you going to the game - have a great time! my second year in a row where i won't be able to tailgate at Rynearson and i miss it a lot. please shotgun a beer for me (and for yourself).
09-01-2017 03:10 PM
FrankAnderson Online
All American

This new tradition seems to be a success.

https://twitter.com/EMUFB/status/903723815301210124
09-01-2017 04:11 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(09-01-2017 04:11 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  This new tradition seems to be a success.

Looks very, very good.
09-01-2017 04:14 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
(09-01-2017 04:11 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  This new tradition seems to be a success.

that looks awesome.
09-01-2017 04:15 PM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I don't think it would be very hard to get psyched up under Creighton. Seems like a brilliant motivator. I'm ready to play now.
09-01-2017 05:07 PM
FrankAnderson Online
All American

15 minutes until kick. Go get that dub!
09-01-2017 05:16 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Chad Bush has the sideline for the radio broadcast. Nice that we now have a sideline reporter.

Chad is light years better than most sideline reporters.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 05:23 PM by emu steve.)
09-01-2017 05:23 PM
FrankAnderson Online
All American

Agreed, Steve. Cash Bush is an asset.
09-01-2017 05:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.