2017-2017
08-20-2017 03:22 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
RE: RIP WAC Sports Forum
I would understand the concept of this board (topic structure) if we had high traffic with numerous posters. But for a forum that doesn't support FBS football and only real interest is WAC basketball, there is not enough posters and topics to support 11 separate boards let alone one. I will abide by the rules of this board but it is obvious when I have to go search through the team boards and the smack board to carry conversations with other WAC posters, the current setup is stifling interaction. Just my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 10:19 AM by NMSUPistolPete.)
08-20-2017 10:17 AM
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
What would you suggest, Pistol? We're open to suggestions.. whether it be just allowing all topics under this board or still having a little bit of topic oriented posts. Obviously, we want to continue interaction.

Feel free to let us know on here or PM.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 10:50 AM by joshadam84.)
08-20-2017 10:31 AM
Trod0 Offline
2nd String

(08-20-2017 10:17 AM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I would understand the concept of this board (topic structure) if we had high traffic with numerous posters. But for a forum that doesn't support FBS football and only real interest is WAC basketball, there is not enough posters and topics to support 11 separate boards let alone one. I will abide by the rules of this board but it is obvious when I have to go search through the team boards and the smack board to carry conversations with other WAC posters, the current setup is stifling interaction. Just my opinion.

+1
08-20-2017 10:50 AM
ThunderDan49_2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
(08-20-2017 10:31 AM)joshadam84 Wrote:  What would you suggest, Pistol? We're open to suggestions.. whether it be just allowing all topics under this board or still having a little bit of topic oriented posts. Obviously, we want to continue interaction.

Thanks!
My suggestion would be anything school related, except for player who have been offered scholarships (those can go on school specific boards), can be posted on the main forum and be moved at admin discretion. We have one dedicated player commitment thread that is part of the stickies for each class and one for transfers. I would also recommend at least a week long suspension for serial rule abusers.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 12:16 PM by ThunderDan49_2.)
08-20-2017 12:16 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
I think we all know what will happen if you change the rules again.
08-20-2017 12:19 PM
Advertisement

SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
Its also the most dead time of the offseason. Theres nothing going on and the prediction threads have already been hashed out. Theres only so much to talk about right now. Lets wait for the season to start and this board will once again be active. Calling it dead in the middle of the offseason is beyond dumb.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 02:00 PM by SeattleVandals.)
08-20-2017 01:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

(08-20-2017 10:31 AM)joshadam84 Wrote:  What would you suggest, Pistol? We're open to suggestions.. whether it be just allowing all topics under this board or still having a little bit of topic oriented posts. Obviously, we want to continue interaction.

Thanks!

I think the main board should be an open forum for all "WAC related" topics regardless of school specifics or origin; meaning it doesn't need to be all encompassing for all schools but it has to be in context to WAC sponsored sports and within the time frame of their school's inclusion into the WAC. Unless, we want to keep a running tally of WAC recruits, there doesn't need to be "only one" thread on recruiting; as each player signing brings different opportunities for discussion which might lead to other related topics. As I have said, topics shouldn't be monitored, behavior should. Any thread that has gone awry should be moved to a smack board or the participants be cut off. This is a WAC community. Let's try to interact from our respective school's perspective (a fan's points of view) without putting additional obstacles in our path.
08-20-2017 02:02 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Also how this this a post that's even allowed? Shouldn't this be ban worthy? Pretty clearly against the rules.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 02:32 PM by Clarity.)
08-20-2017 02:24 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

(08-20-2017 02:02 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  

Thanks!

I think the main board should be an open forum for all "WAC related" topics regardless of school specifics or origin; meaning it doesn't need to be all encompassing for all schools but it has to be in context to WAC sponsored sports and within the time frame of their school's inclusion into the WAC. Unless, we want to keep a running tally of WAC recruits, there doesn't need to be "only one" thread on recruiting; as each player signing brings different opportunities for discussion which might lead to other related topics. As I have said, topics shouldn't be monitored, behavior should. Any thread that has gone awry should be moved to a smack board or the participants be cut off. This is a WAC community. Let's try to interact from our respective school's perspective (a fan's points of view) without putting additional obstacles in our path.

I agree with Pistol on this. It was just the non-stop (NMSU) history threads that ruined everything. Those should be put in the new topic started for those or team boards. The team boards were doing fine with the occasional posts. At least with SU, I kept everything not directly related to the current mens bball team there. Mostly everyone here knows where the best place to post most things is and there was never issues. Till Frank spammed the board with old NMSU threads and recruits and some other fans had explosive reactions, fueling Franks trolling.

BTW: a nod to Dancing, who predicted Frank would be back after Franks "farewell" post. Only was a couple weeks
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 02:40 PM by SeattleVandals.)
08-20-2017 02:38 PM
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
als
(08-20-2017 10:17 AM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I would understand the concept of this board (topic structure) if we had high traffic with numerous posters. But for a forum that doesn't support FBS football and only real interest is WAC basketball, there is not enough posters and topics to support 11 separate boards let alone one. I will abide by the rules of this board but it is obvious when I have to go search through the team boards and the smack board to carry conversations with other WAC posters, the current setup is stifling interaction. Just my opinion.

I agree. For example, the Post by Stugray2 on NMSU almost completing their FBS schedule should not have been moved. It is a topic that affects the WAC. The WAC can be affected by expansion in another league and can affected by any movement in the FBS. These are all WAC related topics.

FBS topics should be okay. There are always going to be posts related to the WAC bringing back FBS football or becoming an FCS league. Those should be okay. The WAC is different from other leagues that don't sponsor football in that they have an FBS member.

If a person does not like the posts they don't have to read them. I agree that the current setup is stifling interaction.
08-20-2017 02:50 PM
Advertisement

RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(08-20-2017 02:38 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  
(08-20-2017 02:02 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  

Thanks!

I agree with Pistol on this. It was just the non-stop (NMSU) history threads that ruined everything. Those should be put in the new topic started for those or team boards. The team boards were doing fine with the occasional posts. At least with SU, I kept everything not directly related to the current mens bball team there. Mostly everyone here knows where the best place to post most things is and there was never issues. Till Frank spammed the board with old NMSU threads and recruits and some other fans had explosive reactions, fueling Franks trolling.

BTW: a nod to Dancing, who predicted Frank would be back after Franks "farewell" post. Only was a couple weeks
Agree. It was the incessant Ag glory of yesteryear threads that turned people off.

Currently mobile....away from the house or on the 'throne.'
08-20-2017 03:04 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

I agree for the most part as long as people actually abide by the rules and those who post nonsense are held accountable which wasn't the case previously. Also people should use the stickied recruiting threads. We don't need a new thread about every single new commit which seemed to be the path we were headed down. Just discuss the recruit in the stickied thread if you want, it's not like thread counts are limited. I have a feeling this won't be the case though. We will be seeing a new thread for every new NMSU commit.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 03:14 PM by Clarity.)
08-20-2017 03:11 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

Personally I think its okay to have a new thread for each recruit so there can be clear discussion on that topic. Especially when a WAC school lands a 3 star or big transfer. Just one thread for everyone gets too long and people wont see all recruiting news. A commit is a WAC basketball related topic, and a topic that garners a high level of activity on this board, and should be celebrated with ONE new topic for each commit that is deserving of it. Just because one school is getting more commits from another doesnt mean we should pile everything into one thresd. Thats not a smart or effective way of going about this

But starting a new topic just to brag about commits (that already have been disscussed) shouldnt be tolerated
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 03:35 PM by SeattleVandals.)
08-20-2017 03:31 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

(08-20-2017 03:11 PM)Clarity Wrote:  I agree for the most part as long as people actually abide by the rules and those who post nonsense are held accountable which wasn't the case previously. Also people should use the stickied recruiting threads. We don't need a new thread about every single new commit which seemed to be the path we were headed down. Just discuss the recruit in the stickied thread if you want, it's not like thread counts are limited. I have a feeling this won't be the case though. We will be seeing a new thread for every new NMSU commit.

You do realize any WAC poster can post their individual commits as well. I just don't like looking through pages and pages to find specific information about some team's recruit. If you post a thread about a specific player, it makes it easier to discuss that player and any related background topic. But as I've said, I will abide by the rules of the board.
08-20-2017 03:38 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

I do realize that and most don't because it's nonsense that doesn't need to be posted. Nobody needs in depth discussion about some under-recruited 2 star recruit with an offer from Jackson State that NMSU lands. Especially when it comes off as just bragging and boasting. It just doesn't need to be discussed, take it to AggieAlert. I'm sure you can get in depth discussion there. I agree with Ben that threads about big transfers and commits should be welcomed and discussed. The former is where I take issue.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 03:52 PM by Clarity.)
08-20-2017 03:43 PM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

(08-20-2017 03:43 PM)Clarity Wrote:  I do realize that and most don't because it's nonsense that doesn't need to be posted. Nobody needs in depth discussion about some under-recruited 2 star recruit with an offer from Jackson State that NMSU lands. Especially when it comes off as just bragging and boasting. It just doesn't need to be discussed, take it to AggieAlert. I'm sure you can get in depth discussion there. I agree with Ben that threads about big transfers and commits should be welcomed and discussed. The former is where I take issue.

Well, then it will be a short thread. Nobody is expecting you to partake in the discussion. Keep in mind, NMSU has a rich tradition in basketball and some of our poster are rabid fans. Some new commits have backstories which go beyond a simple "star" rating. There is nothing that says you have to read or respond to a thread that doesn't interest you. Not all threads are every bodies cup of tea but we don't need to restrict interaction. Regulate conduct not thread topics.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 04:33 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
08-20-2017 04:32 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

What I'm saying is that topic has no interest to anybody but NMSU fans. Why not get your in depth discussion on AggieAlert? Why does NMSU constantly need to be shoved down our throats? I think you just don't see it because you are a fan of NMSU. Others like myself find it off putting.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 04:39 PM by Clarity.)
08-20-2017 04:36 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

(08-20-2017 04:36 PM)Clarity Wrote:  What I'm saying is that topic has no interest to anybody but NMSU fans. Why not get your in depth discussion on AggieAlert? Why does NMSU constantly need to be shoved down our throats? I think you just don't see it because you are a fan of NMSU. Others like myself find it off putting.

I'm open minded because I'm willing to talk about recruiting in general; my team's or any others. If something doesn't interest me I just don't participate but I don't begrudge others for carrying a conversation. The only topic that frustrates me on this board are realignment threads; using hypothetical conference solutions which seem unrealistic. I might point out flaws in the reasoning but I don't get worked up over the thread. You should do the same. I know Frank is a homer but he can only bother you if you let him. For me, I entertain other WAC posters perspective on subjects; NMSU recruiting or otherwise. Just because we don't see eye to eye on a topic doesn't mean the conversation doesn't have value.
08-20-2017 05:01 PM
ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GCU
(08-20-2017 04:32 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  
(08-20-2017 03:43 PM)Clarity Wrote:  I do realize that and most don't because it's nonsense that doesn't need to be posted. Nobody needs in depth discussion about some under-recruited 2 star recruit with an offer from Jackson State that NMSU lands. Especially when it comes off as just bragging and boasting. It just doesn't need to be discussed, take it to AggieAlert. I'm sure you can get in depth discussion there. I agree with Ben that threads about big transfers and commits should be welcomed and discussed. The former is where I take issue.

Well, then it will be a short thread. Nobody is expecting you to partake in the discussion. Keep in mind, NMSU has a rich tradition in basketball and some of our poster are rabid fans. Some new commits have backstories which go beyond a simple "star" rating. There is nothing that says you have to read or respond to a thread that doesn't interest you. Not all threads are every bodies cup of tea but we don't need to restrict interaction. Regulate conduct not thread topics.
I agree with Pistol here. I see no problem with having individual threads for each new commit, even if that commit is an "under-recruited 2 star recruit" and even if there are numerous NMSU threads (one for each recruit) appearing on the board. I personally envy NMSU's fan base and their desire to talk all things NMSU. We should all be so fortunate. In short, regulating conduct and not thread topics will enhance the discussion board (in this newbie's humble opinion).
08-20-2017 09:14 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.