Phil Steele MAC Predictions
Bookmark and Share
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Phil Steele MAC Predictions
The MAC according to Phil, with bowl predictions in parenthesis:

East:
1. Ohio (Potato) - Thinks they'll top last year's eight wins and 'make some noise' if they stay healthy.
1. Miami (Bahamas) - A 'legit MAC title contender,' compares us to App State (who is 27-5 since starting 1-5 in 2014); we're 7th on his list of most improved teams.
3. Akron - 'Legitimate contenders for the East' though he didn't pick them to make a bowl; 14th on most improved list.
4. BG - Power ratings have them going anywhere from 1-11 to 7-5.
5. Kent State - Thinks this is Haynes' best team and they should pull some upsets, but his tone wasn't too bullish.
6. Buffalo - Most winnable games are on the road, thinks they're a year away from contending.

West:
1. Toledo (Dollar General) - The clear favorites; 6th on his list of top G5 teams.
2. WMU (Quick Lane) - Is due for a lesser season, but will still be a contender in the West.
3. NIU (Camellia) - Main power rankings say they'll go 6-2 in the MAC; 10th on most improved list.
4. CMU - Will contend in the West due to their strong lines; 15th on most improved list.
5. EMU - Thinks this is Creighton's best team, but the good luck they had last season usually indicates a bit of a fall.
6. Ball State - Having just four returning starters on D will be a problem, they're probably a year from a bowl.

Calling for us to be tied with the MWC as the second-best G5 as well.
08-19-2017 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Phil Steele MAC Predictions
(08-19-2017 12:56 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  The MAC according to Phil, with bowl predictions in parenthesis:

East:
1. Ohio (Potato) - Thinks they'll top last year's eight wins and 'make some noise' if they stay healthy.
1. Miami (Bahamas) - A 'legit MAC title contender,' compares us to App State (who is 27-5 since starting 1-5 in 2014); we're 7th on his list of most improved teams.
3. Akron - 'Legitimate contenders for the East' though he didn't pick them to make a bowl; 14th on most improved list.
4. BG - Power ratings have them going anywhere from 1-11 to 7-5.
5. Kent State - Thinks this is Haynes' best team and they should pull some upsets, but his tone wasn't too bullish.
6. Buffalo - Most winnable games are on the road, thinks they're a year away from contending.

West:
1. Toledo (Dollar General) - The clear favorites; 6th on his list of top G5 teams.
2. WMU (Quick Lane) - Is due for a lesser season, but will still be a contender in the West.
3. NIU (Camellia) - Main power rankings say they'll go 6-2 in the MAC; 10th on most improved list.
4. CMU - Will contend in the West due to their strong lines; 15th on most improved list.
5. EMU - Thinks this is Creighton's best team, but the good luck they had last season usually indicates a bit of a fall.
6. Ball State - Having just four returning starters on D will be a problem, they're probably a year from a bowl.

Calling for us to be tied with the MWC as the second-best G5 as well.

I think MWC and MAC are just about even this year, I would agree with that. Id also take 6-2 mark very very happily for the Huskies this year! I see more like 3-5 or 4-4 as more realistic however.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017 06:31 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
08-19-2017 06:30 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(08-19-2017 12:56 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  2. WMU (Quick Lane) - Is due for a lesser season, but will still be a contender in the West.

...vs Minnesota? 02-13-banana
08-19-2017 08:20 PM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(08-19-2017 08:20 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
(08-19-2017 12:56 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  2. WMU (Quick Lane) - Is due for a lesser season, but will still be a contender in the West.

...vs Minnesota? 02-13-banana

That would be fun!!!
08-20-2017 01:45 PM
Advertisement

Roberto Gato Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio, Ohio and Ohio
Great. I'd love to win the East again, only to be shipped off to !@#$ing Boise, while 2nd place Miami goes to the Bahamas.
08-20-2017 02:40 PM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
I think this is probably the most accurate prediction. Don't really see any room for complaining.
08-22-2017 10:52 AM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(08-22-2017 10:52 AM)george14 Wrote:  I think this is probably the most accurate prediction. Don't really see any room for complaining.

agree! you'll never hear me complain anytime we're picked ahead of Miami!
08-22-2017 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.