Total 75 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What would your fanbase want to hear?
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
What would your fanbase want to hear?
As a startup podcast, I'm interested in what would get you interested in taking a listen.
08-14-2017 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
RE: What would your fanbase want to hear?
Anything besides SunBelt football being an after thought when it comes to the g5.
08-14-2017 02:55 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(08-14-2017 02:55 PM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  Anything besides SunBelt football being an after thought when it comes to the g5.

The SBC is my favorite G5 conference other than my MAC bias. I've been on here since we played FIU in 2010 in the Pizza Bowl in Detroit.

As far as competing with the AAC and potential undefeateds out of other G5 conferences, you guys need a title game, which is coming in 2018. Not having divisions is sort of a problem, but not having a way to break the stAte vs. App tie or Troy and App or whatever it is... seems to be the issue.

See Troy vs. Clemson or Toledo vs. App or Idaho vs. CSU to know that the SBC has players.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 03:05 PM by UofToledoFans.)
08-14-2017 03:05 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
(08-14-2017 03:05 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 02:55 PM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  Anything besides SunBelt football being an after thought when it comes to the g5.

The SBC is my favorite G5 conference other than my MAC bias. I've been on here since we played FIU in 2010 in the Pizza Bowl in Detroit.

As far as competing with the AAC and potential undefeateds out of other G5 conferences, you guys need a title game, which is coming in 2018. Not having divisions is sort of a problem, but not having a way to break the stAte vs. App tie or Troy and App or whatever it is... seems to be the issue.

See Troy vs. Clemson or Toledo vs. App or Idaho vs. CSU to know that the SBC has players.

I like the MAC with the same sentiments.
08-14-2017 03:10 PM
Advertisement

ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(08-14-2017 03:05 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Just wish more felt that way.
08-14-2017 03:16 PM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Best stadiums in the conference.
Georgia Southern Paulson Stadium is the best.
Best uniforms in the conference
Georgia Southern uniforms are the best in g5 hands down.....Do not change perfection.
Top 10 teams of the G5
If the Georgia Southern Eagles are not included in your list something is wrong.
Potential 2017 SBC vs. P5 upsets
Anytime a SBC teams plays a P5 it is a potential upset.
Bowl predictions for the SBC
Just as long a Georgia Southern is included.
Top 10 players in the SBC
Top players are good but Team over players is better.
My dog predicting the standings for 2017
Just as long as your Dog is a Georgia Southern Fan.
08-14-2017 03:27 PM
alpha_eagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Not to hijack UofToledoFans thread, but with ESPN seeing its ratings (and revenue) drop, I think we're going to be seeing a push over the next 3-4 years of more and better coverage at the G5 level. There is a huge untapped market with a lot of pent-up demand and $$$ in fans' pockets that ESPN has overlooked on their way to slobber all over the P5. There are enough advertising dollars in the smaller markets to make up for having more crews on the road on Thursdays and Saturdays.

If we as fans would use tools such as UofToledoFans podcast to voice our opinion on the state of affairs for G5 exposure, we'd probably get a bigger piece of the pie. And just like I said when GS was back in FCS...there's enough talent out there to make football competitive and exciting at every level, and a compelling case for more media coverage.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 03:36 PM by alpha_eagle.)
08-14-2017 03:35 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Online
All American

I Root For: Texas State
I voted for best stadium so I could maybe hear someone say something positive about TXST since we have the best stadium.
08-14-2017 04:01 PM
HighlandsApp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: AppState
A podcast that is relevant, interesting and only 10 minutes or so long....
08-14-2017 04:28 PM
EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I'll paraphrase something I heard Colin Cowherd say once.

He said he doesn't get paid to be right or be knowledgeable. He gets paid to be interesting.
08-14-2017 06:23 PM
Advertisement

TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
I'd love to listen to just a Sun Belt podcast. Talks exclusively about Sun Belt schools, predicting game results, pertinent injuries, etc.

As it gets closer to bowl season, speaking exclusively on bowl teams. Season ends? Start talking about who loses what, holes that are needed to fill.

Then you got NSD... That is an event on it's own. An episode for each team. Then you move onto draft prospects, where they rank in terms of others at the position in the draft, and then for the offseason, talk stadiums and the other sports.

Dunno if there's enough interested parties to make that kind of endeavor worthwhile though... Not sure of the needed listenership to make it worthwhile.
08-14-2017 07:37 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
(08-14-2017 07:37 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  I'd love to listen to just a Sun Belt podcast. Talks exclusively about Sun Belt schools, predicting game results, pertinent injuries, etc.

As it gets closer to bowl season, speaking exclusively on bowl teams. Season ends? Start talking about who loses what, holes that are needed to fill.

Then you got NSD... That is an event on it's own. An episode for each team. Then you move onto draft prospects, where they rank in terms of others at the position in the draft, and then for the offseason, talk stadiums and the other sports.

Dunno if there's enough interested parties to make that kind of endeavor worthwhile though... Not sure of the needed listenership to make it worthwhile.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/underdog-pawdcasts

Most of them so far are about the Sun Belt. I've very much enjoyed them so far. One was almost exclusively about Texas State. I learned a lot of good stuff about my neighbors out west. 04-cheers
08-14-2017 09:17 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
(08-14-2017 02:14 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  As a startup podcast, I'm interested in what would get you interested in taking a listen.

I like your podcast and thought it was awesome when Big C and Alex J had you on the Black and Gold Podcast.

Thanks for the work and effort you put into this.
08-14-2017 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.