Houston Baptist @ Texas State
Texas State wins by 20

South Alabama @ Ole Miss
South Alabama wins by 10

Georgia Southern @ Auburn
Georgia Southern wins by 3

Arkansas State @ Nebraska
Arkansas State wins by 7
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 10:50 AM by Artemis Silver Bow.)
08-14-2017 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Week 1 Sunbelt Projections!
Guys like you helped build Vegas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-14-2017 10:54 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: Week 1 Sunbelt Projections!
Oh come on, if you're going to describe the dream weekend for the Sun Belt you might as well let ULM win.
08-14-2017 10:55 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
That would be quite the something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
08-14-2017 10:57 AM
Artemis Silver Bow Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY
The time is now! The Sunbelt has to start winning these games! The "we came close moral victories are over"!
So the (Oh come on, if you're going to describe the dream weekend for the Sun Belt and Guys like you helped build Vegas) has got to stop.
08-14-2017 11:06 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-14-2017 11:06 AM)Artemis Silver Bow Wrote:  The time is now! The Sunbelt has to start winning these games! The "we came close moral victories are over"!
So the (Oh come on, if you're going to describe the dream weekend for the Sun Belt and Guys like you helped build Vegas) has got to stop.

If any two of Troy, GS, StAte, App State, ULM, and South win, it would be considered a huge weekend for the conference and we'd be on our way to finishing at least second in the G5 conference standings. Three would be epic.

But five would be downright apocalyptic.

Baby steps. Let's work towards finishing ahead of the MAC and CUSA two straight years, which is entirely doable.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 11:25 AM by EigenEagle.)
08-14-2017 11:24 AM
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Thursday Aug 31

Tennessee State @ Georgia State
Georgia State wins by 14 - A midlevel FCS squad will give GSU some fits as their new coach tries to get things rolling. A ton of unknowns in this game as GSU wasn't a great team last season, and I have no idea what the new coach brings to the table.

Sacramento State @ Idaho
Idaho wins by 28 - The big offseason question for Idaho has not been whether or not Idaho can replace lost talent, but whether or not they still have a chip on their shoulder after they shocked the world last season and in their bowl game. If that team shows up Idaho will win big, otherwise they'll have to pull this one out in the 4th quarter like they did versus Montana State.

Louisiana Monroe @ Memphis
Memphis wins by 14 - An improved ULM should give Memphis a fight for three quarters. They've shown flashes last season that they can be a good football program and win two more games in '16 than in '15. Memphis is expected to be an NY6 contender and likely won't lose to the warhawks, but you can expect a good game here.

New Mexico State @ Arizona State
Arizona State wins by 28 - Maybe the only program in the SBC I don't have a ton of confidence for an improved season. Doug Martin has not shown that he's the guy to take NMSU to the next level. Arizona State is no where close to breaking into the Top 25, but should still be able to have their way with NMSU.

Saturday Sep 2

Troy @ Boise State
I won't put a score here, but a few notes are worth mentioning. Boise State has the most turnover they've had in 10 years replacing 5 of 6 all conference players on defense and nearly all of their O-line starts. They also lose Jeremy McNichols (1,709 yards and 23 TDs) to the NFL. That's an incredible talent and a huge loss for Boise State. Their top receiver Thomas Sperback (1,272 yards and 9 TDs) is also gone and he's been touted as one of the best players to play the game at Boise. I can't guarantee a win for Troy, but with 99.7% of the offense back and some HUGE play maker additions, we are in a really good spot in Game 1. One note: RB Jamarius Henderson, the Memphis transfer is currently suspended. He may be the best player on the team. He's that good, but apparently he has some issues. He's still on the roster and his twitter still reflects Troy. We'll see how this shakes out, and hopefully its just temporary.

Appalachian State @ Georgia
Georgia by 14 - Year 2 with Kirby Smart will be better, and after what happened in Tennessee last season, the APPs won't be sneaking up on anyone. Georgia is one of the most experienced teams in the country and it bodes well for the bulldogs.

UMass @ Coastal Carolina
Coastal Carolina wins by 3 - UMass doesn't win many games and they aren't a great football team, but they do play an independent schedule that makes them look worse than they actually are. With all of last years shoes to fill, CCU may need some luck to win this game. I'll say CCU gets the win, but UMass gives them quite a scare.

Southeastern Louisiana @ Louisiana
Louisiana wins by 21 - A middle of the pack FCS squad vs an improved Louisiana squad. If I were a betting man, you'll see a Southeastern squad play up to the cajuns with Hud's squad turning in a lackluster performance until the 4th quarter.

Texas State wins by 14 - Texas State will be improved, but it's still only game one after a really really bad season. HB is a bottom level FCS program and Texas State should handle them, but it won't be a blowout.

South Alabama @ Ole Miss
South Alabama wins by 7 - I'll call the upset on this one. People saying ULL has a better chance have it backwards. This program will be in disarray for a few games at the least. They may a chip on their shoulder, but it's too soon for that chip to turn into any kind of confidence.

Auburn by 3 - Auburn has a history of playing down to teams and eeking out wins nonetheless. ULM and Jascksonville State are somewhat recent examples of this. Georgia Southern will surprise Auburn with a TO they haven't prepared for. I'm torn because I think GS can steal this one big and win by double digits, but I also know Auburn is going to be really good. Game One is always squirrelly though. Expect the refs to take a long touchdown run away with a phantom holding call.

Nebraska wins by 14 - This is actually a winnable game from a talent standpoint. Nebraska isn't a Top 25 Team. They are replacing 80% of their offense and that's a big deal in game one. Arkansas State loses a lot of defensive players, but offense usually takes more time to sync. The outcome of this game really depends on which Arkansas State team shows up for OOC this year.
08-14-2017 11:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Artemis Silver Bow Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY
(08-14-2017 11:24 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 11:06 AM)Artemis Silver Bow Wrote:  The time is now! The Sunbelt has to start winning these games! The "we came close moral victories are over"!

If any two of Troy, GS, StAte, App State, ULM, and South win, it would be considered a huge weekend for the conference and we'd be on our way to finishing at least second in the G5 conference standings. Three would be epic.

Baby steps. Let's work towards finishing ahead of the MAC and CUSA two straight years, which is entirely doable.

From the group of Troy, GS, StAte, App State, ULM, and South winning 2 or 3 games is very doable.

Now 5 game is a stretch (we both agree on that) and would not be characteristic for the Sunbelt but it would not surprise me if we did win them.

It time to raise our expectation.
08-14-2017 12:04 PM
balanced_view Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(08-14-2017 12:04 PM)Artemis Silver Bow Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 11:24 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  

From the group of Troy, GS, StAte, App State, ULM, and South winning 2 or 3 games is very doable.

Now 5 game is a stretch (we both agree on that) and would not be characteristic for the Sunbelt but it would not surprise me if we did win them.

It time to raise our expectation.

totally agree.
08-14-2017 12:21 PM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
As bad as we were last year we still blew out Incarnate Word. I'm confident we will preform similarly against our FCS team this year.
08-14-2017 12:25 PM
Golota Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
(08-14-2017 10:55 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Oh come on, if you're going to describe the dream weekend for the Sun Belt you might as well let ULM win.
Yep it's not like we haven't upset people opening weekend.
08-14-2017 12:34 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-14-2017 10:48 AM)Artemis Silver Bow Wrote:  Thursday Aug 31

Georgia State wins by 24

Sacramento State @ Idaho
Idaho wins by 28

Memphis wins by 10

Arizona State wins by 32

Saturday Sep 2

Troy @ Boise State
Troy wins by 7

Appalachian State wins by 1

UMass @ Coastal Carolina
Coastal Carolina wins by 17

Louisiana wins by 28

Texas State wins by 20

South Alabama @ Ole Miss
South Alabama wins by 10

Georgia Southern wins by 3

Arkansas State wins by 7

And then the next day North Korea blows everyone up and the season is cancelled and the games never happened.

But from our underground bunkers as we watch the end of the world, we can at least talk about what a great weekend it was...Ahh memories.
08-14-2017 12:50 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-14-2017 12:34 PM)Golota Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 10:55 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Oh come on, if you're going to describe the dream weekend for the Sun Belt you might as well let ULM win.

I might actually go to that game. But then I worry you guys will get killed and I'll waste my money.
08-14-2017 12:51 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-14-2017 11:55 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Thursday Aug 31

Georgia State wins by 14 - A midlevel FCS squad will give GSU some fits as their new coach tries to get things rolling. A ton of unknowns in this game as GSU wasn't a great team last season, and I have no idea what the new coach brings to the table.

Sacramento State @ Idaho
Idaho wins by 28 - The big offseason question for Idaho has not been whether or not Idaho can replace lost talent, but whether or not they still have a chip on their shoulder after they shocked the world last season and in their bowl game. If that team shows up Idaho will win big, otherwise they'll have to pull this one out in the 4th quarter like they did versus Montana State.

Memphis wins by 14 - An improved ULM should give Memphis a fight for three quarters. They've shown flashes last season that they can be a good football program and win two more games in '16 than in '15. Memphis is expected to be an NY6 contender and likely won't lose to the warhawks, but you can expect a good game here.

Arizona State wins by 28 - Maybe the only program in the SBC I don't have a ton of confidence for an improved season. Doug Martin has not shown that he's the guy to take NMSU to the next level. Arizona State is no where close to breaking into the Top 25, but should still be able to have their way with NMSU.

Saturday Sep 2

Troy @ Boise State
I won't put a score here, but a few notes are worth mentioning. Boise State has the most turnover they've had in 10 years replacing 5 of 6 all conference players on defense and nearly all of their O-line starts. They also lose Jeremy McNichols (1,709 yards and 23 TDs) to the NFL. That's an incredible talent and a huge loss for Boise State. Their top receiver Thomas Sperback (1,272 yards and 9 TDs) is also gone and he's been touted as one of the best players to play the game at Boise. I can't guarantee a win for Troy, but with 99.7% of the offense back and some HUGE play maker additions, we are in a really good spot in Game 1. One note: RB Jamarius Henderson, the Memphis transfer is currently suspended. He may be the best player on the team. He's that good, but apparently he has some issues. He's still on the roster and his twitter still reflects Troy. We'll see how this shakes out, and hopefully its just temporary.

Georgia by 14 - Year 2 with Kirby Smart will be better, and after what happened in Tennessee last season, the APPs won't be sneaking up on anyone. Georgia is one of the most experienced teams in the country and it bodes well for the bulldogs.

UMass @ Coastal Carolina
Coastal Carolina wins by 3 - UMass doesn't win many games and they aren't a great football team, but they do play an independent schedule that makes them look worse than they actually are. With all of last years shoes to fill, CCU may need some luck to win this game. I'll say CCU gets the win, but UMass gives them quite a scare.

Louisiana wins by 21 - A middle of the pack FCS squad vs an improved Louisiana squad. If I were a betting man, you'll see a Southeastern squad play up to the cajuns with Hud's squad turning in a lackluster performance until the 4th quarter.

Texas State wins by 14 - Texas State will be improved, but it's still only game one after a really really bad season. HB is a bottom level FCS program and Texas State should handle them, but it won't be a blowout.

South Alabama @ Ole Miss
South Alabama wins by 7 - I'll call the upset on this one. People saying ULL has a better chance have it backwards. This program will be in disarray for a few games at the least. They may a chip on their shoulder, but it's too soon for that chip to turn into any kind of confidence.

Auburn by 3 - Auburn has a history of playing down to teams and eeking out wins nonetheless. ULM and Jascksonville State are somewhat recent examples of this. Georgia Southern will surprise Auburn with a TO they haven't prepared for. I'm torn because I think GS can steal this one big and win by double digits, but I also know Auburn is going to be really good. Game One is always squirrelly though. Expect the refs to take a long touchdown run away with a phantom holding call.

Nebraska wins by 14 - This is actually a winnable game from a talent standpoint. Nebraska isn't a Top 25 Team. They are replacing 80% of their offense and that's a big deal in game one. Arkansas State loses a lot of defensive players, but offense usually takes more time to sync. The outcome of this game really depends on which Arkansas State team shows up for OOC this year.

I agree with all of these give or take a touchdown, except GS-Auburn.
That game has a lot of unknowns on both sides.

I will take Troy by 6. 05-stirthepot
I will be surprised if they can't make it a game with what you guys have back.
08-14-2017 12:58 PM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
(08-14-2017 11:55 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Troy @ Boise State
I won't put a score here, but a few notes are worth mentioning. [...]

I mostly agree, but it's Boise St and they always, always find a way to win their games, esp at home. However, we need to beat them this year, because next year - they will be tougher and we lose so much experience...
08-14-2017 01:16 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
No offense to GS but Auburn will be in the hunt for at least a new year six bowl. They will roll by 21+.
08-14-2017 01:28 PM
Advertisement

Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(08-14-2017 01:16 PM)T2003 Wrote:  

I mostly agree, but it's Boise St and they always, always find a way to win their games, esp at home. However, we need to beat them this year, because next year - they will be tougher and we lose so much experience...

Not to mention they don't lose many openers I think they had a rough three year period but that was two or three years ago against P5 schools.
08-14-2017 01:31 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(08-14-2017 01:31 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 01:16 PM)T2003 Wrote:  

Not to mention they don't lose many openers I think they had a rough three year period but that was two or three years ago against P5 schools.

Since Harsin took over in 2014, they've looked a lot more beatable. They're openers haven't been that impressive since then.
08-14-2017 01:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Golota Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
(08-14-2017 12:51 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 12:34 PM)Golota Wrote:  

I might actually go to that game. But then I worry you guys will get killed and I'll waste my money.

That might happen too! Will be on the sidelines for free. Just costing me a trip to Nashville with my wife.
08-14-2017 02:13 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
I expect TXST to blowout HBU by at least 30
08-14-2017 02:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.