Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2017 Football
Albert Flasher Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent State
2017 Football
I noticed that Justin Agner is not on the roster for 2017. Did a search on the KSU web site, and found no mention of his name. Did he leave the program? Kind of strange if he did, and there was no press on this, especially for a QB who was a starter.

Did I miss this?
08-09-2017 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pembroke1246 Offline
Water Engineer

RE: 2017 Football
(08-09-2017 08:50 AM)Albert Flasher Wrote:  I noticed that Justin Agner is not on the roster for 2017. Did a search on the KSU web site, and found no mention of his name. Did he leave the program? Kind of strange if he did, and there was no press on this, especially for a QB who was a starter.

Did I miss this?

I found a link to him playing at Pearl River Community College in Poplarville, Mississippi.

PRCC will have a sophomore at quarterback in Justin Agner, who transferred from Kent State in the spring semester, and new offensive coordinator Ryan Trevathan is excited about what he brings to the Wildcat offense.
08-09-2017 09:04 AM
cschierh Offline
1st String

Here's latest practice update from RC:

QB Mylik Mitchell is hurt again. Former Aurora star Jake McVay, a fifth-year senior safety who missed all of last seaso, is out indefinitely with the same injury.

Haynes likes his wide receivers, running backs and offensive line. (We'll see.)

Tell me if it's behind a paywall. New owners have changed website.

http://www.record-courier.com/sports/201...haynes-eye

RC also has a nice feature on Jon Cunningham, who worked this summer as a police intern.
08-17-2017 01:00 PM
pembroke1246 Offline
Water Engineer

Thanks for the links to the Record-Courier articles. I was able to read them.

It's unfortunate to read about Mitchell's injury. I thought he was a nice looking QB when he got playing time last year. Now even more pressure will be put on Nick Holley to remain healthy. It will be quite a challenge given the number of hits he took last year. I'm assuming they will be running the same type of offense with him this year.

I also am very high on our running backs. We have a nice group. Hopefully the O-Line will be able to open up some holes for them.

Thanks for the post.

Go Flashes!
08-18-2017 07:45 AM
cschierh Offline
1st String

Hustle Belt preview of KSU

Pretty negative, especially on the offense. But this is a team that will have to prove it on the field.

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2017/8/22/161...en-flashes
08-23-2017 06:14 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Yuck. WR Julian Edelman has suffered what is believed to be a torn ACL.
08-25-2017 09:30 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

See @kentwired. Paul Haynes is stepping aside for a few weeks for health reasons. Wonder if he will ever return. http://www.kentwired.com/sports/article_...40d26.html
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017 08:41 PM by dannyb73.)
08-27-2017 08:40 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
Hate to say it, but this is crazy bad.
08-27-2017 08:53 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Sorry to read that. Being HFC at his alma mater probably is his dream job and has not gone well thus far.

Hope he gets better and can return in time for MAC play.
08-28-2017 06:14 AM
cschierh Offline
1st String

08-29-2017 02:12 AM
cschierh Offline
1st String

08-29-2017 02:16 AM
Advertisement

anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
Saw a tweet that they're looking for walk on WRs and OLs. I'm getting the impression we're in for quite a season...
08-30-2017 07:52 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-30-2017 07:52 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Saw a tweet that they're looking for walk on WRs and OLs. I'm getting the impression we're in for quite a season...

Wow.

Beginning with Clemson.

Looks like not going to be for the faint of heart. But you'll find out who the true fans are.
08-31-2017 08:02 AM
KSU Agee Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-31-2017 08:02 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  
(08-30-2017 07:52 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Saw a tweet that they're looking for walk on WRs and OLs. I'm getting the impression we're in for quite a season...

Wow.

Beginning with Clemson.

Looks like not going to be for the faint of heart. But you'll find out who the true fans are.

I'm already here in Clemson for the game! I think the people here are generally nice. They, as well as I, am rooting for Indiana tonight. For now, we all agree on something 04-cheers

I hope Clemson has trouble figuring out whether Holley is going to run or pass. Maybe it could get exciting, maybe not. I'm pulling for White, Harrell, and Ross to make an impact 01-ncaabbs
08-31-2017 06:48 PM
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

I am getting a bad feeling about this season and it starts with the first 3 weeks. I think the team is going to preform decent against Clemson then win the next two with Treadwell as the HC. Which will be followed by a miserable rest of the season after Haynes comes back. All culminating with Haynes not being brought back and Treadwell getting the HC position. Then Treadwell will show that those 3 games were a fluke and we will have 4 more years of being at the bottom.
08-31-2017 09:21 PM
KSU93 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent state univ
Can our university apply for the Death Penalty? If we get it I think we can still stay in the MAC which seems to be a big concern for a lot of people. So, in the last month our football team has

Lost a player while working out. So tragic and I pray for the family.

Lost our HC. Hopefully he is healthy. Losing him probably doesnt hurt on the sidelines

Asked for walk-ons for offensive line and wide receiver? Are you kidding me?!?! GD, D. 9 schools dont even have this problem.

Clemson line is us +39.5.

Take your beatings boys your program owes the university more than a few million.
09-01-2017 01:58 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
One piece of good news. Browns cut their roster down to 65 today and it looks like Murray survived so far. They trimmed 6 dbs today and Haden yesterday. I thought Murray looked good in the slot matched up with Victor Cruz last night. The fact that he survived the initial cut tells me he could be in consideration for a practice squad spot if he is cut.
09-01-2017 02:49 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-31-2017 09:21 PM)ilovegymnast Wrote:  I am getting a bad feeling about this season and it starts with the first 3 weeks. I think the team is going to preform decent against Clemson then win the next two with Treadwell as the HC. Which will be followed by a miserable rest of the season after Haynes comes back. All culminating with Haynes not being brought back and Treadwell getting the HC position. Then Treadwell will show that those 3 games were a fluke and we will have 4 more years of being at the bottom.

With Treadwell's record at Miami, if KSU administration decides to make a change at HFC I suspect they will look outside the current staff.
09-02-2017 07:48 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

Embarrassing. We haven't attempted a pass with 3 min. left in the 1st half. Not 1 single pass.
09-02-2017 12:13 PM
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

(09-02-2017 07:48 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 09:21 PM)ilovegymnast Wrote:  I am getting a bad feeling about this season and it starts with the first 3 weeks. I think the team is going to preform decent against Clemson then win the next two with Treadwell as the HC. Which will be followed by a miserable rest of the season after Haynes comes back. All culminating with Haynes not being brought back and Treadwell getting the HC position. Then Treadwell will show that those 3 games were a fluke and we will have 4 more years of being at the bottom.

With Treadwell's record at Miami, if KSU administration decides to make a change at HFC I suspect they will look outside the current staff.

One would hope that was true but I have a feeling Treadwell would take the HC position for a lot cheaper than most would. Which would give him an edge over other candidates.
09-02-2017 12:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.