Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

White House-a mix of chaos and competence?
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
White House-a mix of chaos and competence?
https://www.city-journal.org/html/betwee...15378.html

Author thinks Trump needs to get White House under control. I guess the question is who is doing the leaking. Those people, whether Democrats trying to undermine Trump, or backstabbers trying to undermine a rival, need to be purged and, if appropriate, prosecuted.

A double narrative surrounds the Trump administration, and in a reflection of the schizophrenic nature of American politics right now, each account is true. On one side, we have the story familiar to anyone who has glanced at a major newspaper or looked at television in the last seven months: the Trump White House is a rat king mired in chaos, lies, and betrayal....

Another perspective exists on Trump’s first six months, however, which looks past style and toward—surprisingly—substance. President Trump’s administration has taken on a host of major initiatives, many of which have lingered at the top of conservative wish lists for a decade or more. The appointment of Justice Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court in some ways could justify the entire Trump presidency. Trump will make hundreds of lower-court appointments as well, and he appears serious about keeping his promise to shape the judiciary in the mold of Antonin Scalia.

On energy, the administration has been busy—and effective. Opening China to American imports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) will alter the world’s playing field on energy and feed a boom in the construction of LNG export terminals. Trump’s rollback of EPA regulations is unprecedented, and his expansion of pipeline-building is salutary. The president has refocused U.S. energy policy from feel-good but evidence-poor measures addressing climate change to harnessing America’s resource wealth for economic growth. Abandoning the charade of the Paris Accords was window dressing—the agreements were self-defined and unenforceable—but the message was clear: the Democrats’ war on hydrocarbons is over.

Under Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Justice Department has moved aggressively to reverse the Obama administration’s attempts to achieve social engineering through the legal system. Sessions ordered a halt to the practice of channeling corporate settlement funds to nonprofit advocacy groups, which essentially guaranteed left-wing organizations a semi-permanent funding stream. The attorney general is reviewing consent agreements that DOJ signed with a number of municipalities accused of racist policing to determine whether the charges are valid or were generated by Black Lives Matter-style ideological excesses. As homicide rates rise in many major cities, the Trump Justice Department is pouring resources into law-and-order measures. And this week, the DOJ announced that it would begin investigating affirmative action policies in college admissions to determine whether they intentionally discriminate against white and Asian applicants.

In foreign affairs, Trump used harsh language about NATO as a lever to compel member nations to pay their fair share toward their own defense. Amid hysterical claims that he was prepared to let Russia resume hegemony over former Warsaw Pact nations, Trump went to Warsaw and delivered a stirring defense of Western values, praising the Polish people for their courage in fighting enemies from all sides. Trump clearly declared that America stood with Europe’s smaller nations in their struggle to maintain sovereignty and national identity. Defense Secretary James Mattis’s strategy of “annihilation” of ISIS appears to be working, too, as former strongholds like Mosul fall in Iraq and hundreds of thousands of civilians begin returning home.

Under any other administration, these accomplishments in the first 200 days would be acknowledged as significant, and the president would be reckoned a serious, can-do executive....
08-07-2017 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: White House-a mix of chaos and competence?
I read an article comparing Trump's start to Clinton's. Lots of similarities.
08-07-2017 09:05 AM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
His administration could find the cures for AIDS, cancer, Alzheimers and the common cold; figure out cold fusion, solve the Amelia Earhart mystery and figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootise Pop and the left and their propagandists in the MSM would find something to b!tch about.
08-07-2017 09:08 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
I wasn't around back then but were y'all equally outraged at the leaks coming out of the Obama administration?
08-07-2017 09:39 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(08-07-2017 09:39 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  I wasn't around back then but were y'all equally outraged at the leaks coming out of the Obama administration?

We were not made aware of any leaks.

Anything that came out, the MSM immediately squashed.
08-07-2017 09:41 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(08-07-2017 09:08 AM)appst89 Wrote:  His administration could find the cures for AIDS, cancer, Alzheimers and the common cold; figure out cold fusion, solve the Amelia Earhart mystery and figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootise Pop and the left and their propagandists in the MSM would find something to b!tch about.

POD!!!!
08-07-2017 09:45 AM
Advertisement

Godzilla Offline
All American

(08-07-2017 09:41 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 09:39 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  I wasn't around back then but were y'all equally outraged at the leaks coming out of the Obama administration?

We were not made aware of any leaks.

Anything that came out, the MSM immediately squashed.

Lol that's not true, Obama just prosecuted them quietly he didn't complain about them every chance he got.
08-07-2017 09:45 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Comparing a very competent Obama administration to the current circus is not fair to the circus.
08-07-2017 09:56 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(08-07-2017 09:56 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Comparing a very competent Obama administration to the current circus is not fair to the circus.

Someone saying and believing the above sentence should qualify them for SS disability payments.
08-07-2017 09:59 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
(08-07-2017 09:59 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 09:56 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Comparing a very competent Obama administration to the current circus is not fair to the circus.

Someone saying and believing the above sentence should qualify them for SS disability payments.

He was competent. He worked against your best interest, and was fairly effective in doing so.
08-07-2017 10:15 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(08-07-2017 10:15 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  

He was competent. He worked against your best interest, and was fairly effective in doing so.

Define competent. What was it that he did that he was competent at?

1. Foreign policy? Name something. I can name at least 5 major sh*tstorms he caused for anything that could be named as an accomplishment.

2. Domestic? Obamacare? Is that what you're going to hang your hat on?

3. Ability to lead and get legislation passed? Explains why all of his pen & phone work has been so easily undone by Trump.

I am interested in hearing what you believe he was competent at.
08-07-2017 10:20 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(08-07-2017 10:20 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

1. Foreign policy? Name something. I can name at least 5 major sh*tstorms he caused for anything that could be named as an accomplishment.

3. Ability to lead and get legislation passed? Explains why all of his pen & phone work has been so easily undone by Trump.

Obamacare. Thats about it. So, his major accomplishement is wrecking healthcare. Of course, its prety bad when you can get a bill repealed that destroys the middle class and you actually control both houses of congress and the WH. Hard to explain that one. 04-cheers
08-07-2017 10:55 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-07-2017 10:55 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Obamacare. Thats about it. So, his major accomplishement is wrecking healthcare. Of course, its prety bad when you can get a bill repealed that destroys the middle class and you actually control both houses of congress and the WH. Hard to explain that one. 04-cheers

Obama was like those people you hate at work. They look good. They sound good. But they are an empty suit that never gets anything done, never takes any responsibility and never helps anyone else, yet they still get promoted.
08-07-2017 11:35 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

Saved the banks
Saved the auto industry
Saved the housing market
Saved the auxiliary industries associated with those.
Killed Osama Bin Laden
Took back a huge % of the land ISIS took control of
Record number of months with positive job growth
Insured tens of millions of poor people
Reduced the deficit
Increased the standing of the US around the world after Bush destroyed it
Made Iran the most heavily monitored state by the INRC in the world
Protected our parks and waterways

I could go on.

Did he have his missteps? Sure
Did he do everything perfectly? Of course not
Just because the fake news conservative media spun him as the Anti-Christ who destroyed our country doesn't make it true.
08-07-2017 11:54 AM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ

He might be getting it already.

Not that there's anything wrong with it. 03-wink
08-07-2017 11:58 AM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I disagree vehemently, nice word I wonder if I used it right, anyway, Oblunder was able to light the WH in rainbow colors.
08-07-2017 12:00 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

(08-07-2017 12:00 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

I disagree vehemently, nice word I wonder if I used it right, anyway, Oblunder was able to light the WH in rainbow colors.

Thats really about it.
08-07-2017 12:25 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(08-07-2017 11:54 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  Saved the banks
Saved the auto industry
Saved the housing market
Killed Osama Bin Laden
Reduced the deficit

I could go on.

Just because the fake news conservative media spun him as the Anti-Christ who destroyed our country doesn't make it true.

Does the american people believe that list? Last November says that list is a joke. And it is a joke.
08-07-2017 12:29 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

(08-07-2017 12:29 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
Saved the auto industry
Saved the housing market
Killed Osama Bin Laden
Reduced the deficit

I could go on.

Does the american people believe that list? Last November says that list is a joke. And it is a joke.

Only Demon party shills believe it. Too bad for them that the average American didn't.
08-07-2017 12:33 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

(08-07-2017 12:33 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 12:29 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
Saved the auto industry
Saved the housing market
Killed Osama Bin Laden
Reduced the deficit

I could go on.

Only Demon party shills believe it. Too bad for them that the average American didn't.

The average American did, the electoral college not so much lol
08-07-2017 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.