WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

our wk 1 opponent-USC
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
our wk 1 opponent-USC
One story that is getting national attention is the dismissal and subsequent investigation surrounding their kicker and alleged domestic violence. He was off the roster in march but his girlfriend, who isthe alleged victim of this assault, has come out against USC and their handling of the TitleIX investigation.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/07/3...sc-kicker/

In on the field news, they recently lost a main contributor at CB "for an extended period of time" due to recent hip surgery. https://reignoftroy.com/2017/07/29/jonat...-football/
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017 12:03 AM by WMUlaxer97.)
08-01-2017 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: Bad news for our wk 1 opponent.
Eh, we had a few players kicked off the team due to issues, and ended up going 13-1.
08-01-2017 06:41 PM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
08-17-2017 02:18 AM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
08-17-2017 02:24 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
(08-17-2017 02:24 AM)John52168 Wrote:  USC Injury Report

Wow, how do they have so many injuries already?
08-17-2017 09:55 AM
Bronc33 Offline
1st String

(08-17-2017 09:55 AM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  

everyone is scared to play us
08-17-2017 01:25 PM
Advertisement

goldsworth Offline
1st String

(08-17-2017 01:25 PM)Bronc33 Wrote:  
(08-17-2017 09:55 AM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  

everyone is scared to play us

Could this point to the beginning of another Perfect Storm for the Broncos much like last season that led to 12-0 and eventually the Cotton Bowl. Everything went right for the Broncos that needed to last year.
08-17-2017 01:29 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:everyone is scared to play us

They should be scared. They're just a directional school.
08-19-2017 02:14 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

RE: our wk 1 opponent-USC
a lot of what we already know. I like the faith in Lester's ability to coach up QB talent. https://www.hustlebelt.com/2017/8/22/161...ns-preview
08-23-2017 12:05 AM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

And their freshman safety is done for the season.

Posted on August 22, 2017 by Scott Wolf
6 Comments
USC started preparing for Western Michigan game today. Jack Sears worked with the scout team and is officially now the No. 3 QB, which means Matt Fink is the backup. Viane Talamaivao was carted off the field with a foot injury but Clay Helton said he would only be out a couple days. Freshman safety Isaiah Pola-Moa had shoulder surgery and is out for the season. Defensive end Hunter Echols had surgery for an infection in his hip and will be out 6-8 weeks. He was expected to redshirt anyways.

Share this post:
08-23-2017 05:51 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I have officially stopped shaving until we lose.

Last year the beard got out of control...looked insane...and my daughter kept yanking on it, so I shaved it after the Toledo game. Maybe why the MACC came down to the wire.

GO BRONCOS.
08-23-2017 08:22 AM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Reign of Troy predictions:

https://reignoftroy.com/2017/08/23/usc-f...edictions/

It's kind of the same thing we're used to seeing: "No Fleck, no Davis, no Terrell = you suck" mantra. I hope the team is getting fired up and itching to show that while we lost some important components, the rest of us aren't slouches.

Not expecting a win, not even a nailbiter. But hope we make it interesting past halftime like Lester's own '99 opener at Florida.

And it's one thing for USC to write us off. But I hope we make MSU pay if they dismiss us.
08-23-2017 08:41 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I have incredible faith in our talent on Defense and our running attack. This is not going to be a blowout.
08-23-2017 08:45 AM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

(08-23-2017 08:41 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Reign of Troy predictions:

It's kind of the same thing we're used to seeing: "No Fleck, no Davis, no Terrell = you suck" mantra. I hope the team is getting fired up and itching to show that while we lost some important components, the rest of us aren't slouches.

Not expecting a win, not even a nailbiter. But hope we make it interesting past halftime like Lester's own '99 opener at Florida.

And it's one thing for USC to write us off. But I hope we make MSU pay if they dismiss us.

Same lazy analysis from reporters unwilling to do any work. Regurgitate a national story on what was lost without understand what is returning or incoming. As I said before, it's unrealistic to expect a win, but I hope that USC comes out of this game with doubts and shaken about how good they really are in several aspects. I hope the USC team comes in with the same mindset as these knuckleheads:

Michael Castillo (1-0): USC
The Trojans did not look prepared in Week 1 last season. But while WMU is the defending MAC champion, they’re surely not the Crimson Tide. And really, they’re a shell of their title-winning self, given the departure of head coach PJ Fleck and star receiver Corey Davis, among others. The Trojans should have your typical up-and-down Week 1 performance, but it should be more than enough to start on the right foot.

Chris Scondi (1-0): USC
With the loss of Coach PJ Fleck and quarterback Tom Flacco, the Broncos’ boat is missing a few paddles that they’d need in order to row themselves to victory in their first game of the season. It only took one offseason for this season opener to turn from an interesting matchup to a glorified scrimmage. Perfect tune-up game for the Trojans, as the next two weeks won’t be as easy.
08-23-2017 11:37 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Typical P5 arrogance.
08-23-2017 12:35 PM
tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

Glorified scrimmage. Lol. Hope that makes it onto the bulletin board.
08-23-2017 03:04 PM
Advertisement

CincoDosAdios Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Western Michiga
(08-23-2017 11:37 AM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  

With the loss of Coach PJ Fleck and quarterback Tom Flacco, the Broncos’ boat is missing a few paddles that they’d need in order to row themselves to victory in their first game of the season. It only took one offseason for this season opener to turn from an interesting matchup to a glorified scrimmage. Perfect tune-up game for the Trojans, as the next two weeks won’t be as easy.

The first DB that tries to take on Jarvion in the open field will realize SUPER fast that this ain't no scrimmage.
08-24-2017 04:14 AM
uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
(08-23-2017 11:37 AM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  

Same lazy analysis from reporters unwilling to do any work. Regurgitate a national story on what was lost without understand what is returning or incoming. As I said before, it's unrealistic to expect a win, but I hope that USC comes out of this game with doubts and shaken about how good they really are in several aspects. I hope the USC team comes in with the same mindset as these knuckleheads:

Michael Castillo (1-0): USC
The Trojans did not look prepared in Week 1 last season. But while WMU is the defending MAC champion, they’re surely not the Crimson Tide. And really, they’re a shell of their title-winning self, given the departure of head coach PJ Fleck and star receiver Corey Davis, among others. The Trojans should have your typical up-and-down Week 1 performance, but it should be more than enough to start on the right foot.

Tom Flacco? Think they meant that other QB...but cursory google search and write can get exhausting. Would love to see a surprise here and can see it as possible, but just worry about too many 3 and outs on offense.
08-24-2017 05:54 AM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

08-24-2017 12:40 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(08-24-2017 12:40 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  Breakdown by USC HC:
https://reignoftroy.com/2017/08/23/usc-v...s-broncos/

“I have been very impressed with Western Michigan’s personnel,” Helton said. “One, watching them play from last year and the confidence that they bring to the table. It’s hard to win 12 games in a row and you see what they did and how they accomplished that. It takes good players.”

You mean 13, right?

Interesting he specifically commented on our front 7 and Darius Phillips. That means Darnold is going to get the green light to attack whoever our #2 corner (and safety on that side of the field).

Conversely, I would LOVE to see Lester let Wassink go deep a few times (especially off play-action) and try to catch them off guard. Helton seems to be very focused on our running game, as he should be. Would be great to surprise them if Wassink is the real deal.

There's no question USC is going to out-match us talent wise across the board, but we have a lot of very good talent ourselves. I'm starting to like some of the matchup problems we create against them if things go our way.
08-24-2017 01:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.