I Root For: WMU
Cuse DT Interested in Broncos
07-19-2017 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

RE: Cuse DT Interested in Broncos
Never hurts to have depth at DT, and we have an open scholarship spot.
07-19-2017 07:08 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

As long as this doesn't put the kid in danger... I say if he passes physical due to his issue it can't hurt to have some depth... Since he was released by SU could he start right away?
07-19-2017 08:39 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(07-19-2017 08:39 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  As long as this doesn't put the kid in danger... I say if he passes physical due to his issue it can't hurt to have some depth... Since he was released by SU could he start right away?

Yes, I believe he could play right away. I looked into this a little. It seems that a lot of people (fans) feel like Syracuse is overly cautious with their medical DQ's. Though I'm not sure I see the harm in that. I don't think this was an instance of a guy who wasn't going to play so they used this as an excuse to open a scholarship.

It sounds like if he chose to come here, I am willing to bet he is part of the DT rotation right away.
07-19-2017 09:30 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
This could be a very nice score for Lester. Hope we get him and it works out.
07-20-2017 07:59 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(07-19-2017 07:08 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Never hurts to have depth at DT, and we have an open scholarship spot.

Especially in the MAC when solid DT's are few and far between.

I always felt an underrated component of our season last year was the rotation of guys we were able to have along the defensive line and staying fresh all game.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2017 08:32 AM by Hoekjeness.)
07-20-2017 08:31 AM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

6'2" 290

All-state player from Alabama. Had offers from Syracuse, Florida, Vanderbilt, and a bunch of G5 schools.

Despite being hampered by injuries, amassed 37 tackles, 3 TFL, and 2 FR over the past two seasons as a true freshman and sophomore.

I wouldn't mind getting this guy.
07-20-2017 10:32 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
Work it Lester! Would be like scoring a 3+ star kid at least. Another program spent it's time developing him, and we can get him at his prime; and with a chip on his shoulder. It's not like he got booted for having an attitude problem. The kid wants to play, and obviously loved being a part of that team. Sounds like an all around asset.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2017 04:13 PM by brovol.)
07-20-2017 04:10 PM
tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

Come on aboard and let's ride, Mr. Clark!!! You'll be joining what will hopefully be one of the most dominating defenses east of the Mississippi.
07-20-2017 04:36 PM
jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/1785757/5721...2d68cd2d99

Dude is a stud. Would contribute right away if he gets a waiver from the NCAA. If not and he sits out a year, he will still help us in the future.
07-20-2017 04:38 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(07-20-2017 04:38 PM)jubbasubba Wrote:  http://www.hudl.com/video/3/1785757/5721...2d68cd2d99

Dude is a stud. Would contribute right away if he gets a waiver from the NCAA. If not and he sits out a year, he will still help us in the future.

He's gotta be one of the fastest interior linemen I've seen in a long time. This dude hustles.
07-20-2017 04:44 PM
Advertisement

orange_in_VA Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Syracuse
(07-20-2017 04:44 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  
(07-20-2017 04:38 PM)jubbasubba Wrote:  http://www.hudl.com/video/3/1785757/5721...2d68cd2d99

He's gotta be one of the fastest interior linemen I've seen in a long time. This dude hustles.

This kid is a monster and was a huge pickup for Cuse out of high school. Got really noticed at the end of the recruiting cycle because he's from a really small town. We flipped him from a smaller school (I think South Alabama) and then a bunch of SEC schools threw offers at him and we held on because he loved the former staff and coach Daoust was a huge part of that as his position coach. He's a high character kid from a great family. WMU has as good a shot as anybody to get him. His family is real tight with Daoust who was his lead recruiter for Cuse. I've been following you guys a lot more since Lester took over and I think he's gonna do a really good job there. You'll be the team I root for when watching MACtion games this year. I really hope you get this kid. He's strong as an ox and quick as you can see from his highschool tape. He was double teamed in the middle by everyone we played last year.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2017 02:33 PM by orange_in_VA.)
07-21-2017 02:31 PM
BaldingBroncoFan Online
1st String

I Root For:
If he decides to come to WMU and has to sit out a year his first game as a Bronco would be at home vs. his old school.
07-21-2017 03:06 PM
orange_in_VA Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-21-2017 03:06 PM)BaldingBroncoFan Wrote:  If he decides to come to WMU and has to sit out a year his first game as a Bronco would be at home vs. his old school.

That part would kinda suck as a Cuse fan. lol

I hope the kid goes to WMU and has a great career though. He's definitely got NFL potential.
07-21-2017 03:09 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2017 02:31 PM)orange_in_VA Wrote:  This kid is a monster and was a huge pickup for Cuse out of high school. Got really noticed at the end of the recruiting cycle because he's from a really small town. We flipped him from a smaller school (I think South Alabama) and then a bunch of SEC schools threw offers at him and we held on because he loved the former staff and coach Daoust was a huge part of that as his position coach. He's a high character kid from a great family. WMU has as good a shot as anybody to get him. His family is real tight with Daoust who was his lead recruiter for Cuse. I've been following you guys a lot more since Lester took over and I think he's gonna do a really good job there. You'll be the team I root for when watching MACtion games this year. I really hope you get this kid. He's strong as an ox and quick as you can see from his highschool tape. He was double teamed in the middle by everyone we played last year.

Ok, now you've got me excited about this kid.
07-21-2017 03:23 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I was impressed with Baber's D-Linemen his last season at BGSU. It's good to be Dino.
07-21-2017 03:31 PM
Advertisement

orange_in_VA Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-21-2017 03:23 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 02:31 PM)orange_in_VA Wrote:  This kid is a monster and was a huge pickup for Cuse out of high school. Got really noticed at the end of the recruiting cycle because he's from a really small town. We flipped him from a smaller school (I think South Alabama) and then a bunch of SEC schools threw offers at him and we held on because he loved the former staff and coach Daoust was a huge part of that as his position coach. He's a high character kid from a great family. WMU has as good a shot as anybody to get him. His family is real tight with Daoust who was his lead recruiter for Cuse. I've been following you guys a lot more since Lester took over and I think he's gonna do a really good job there. You'll be the team I root for when watching MACtion games this year. I really hope you get this kid. He's strong as an ox and quick as you can see from his highschool tape. He was double teamed in the middle by everyone we played last year.

Ok, now you've got me excited about this kid.

Yeah, this kid got a lot of experience against big-time OL his first two years. He was a true Sophomore last year so if he has to sit out a year, he'll be able to redshirt and play for two more years. You should be excited. Also, his father mentioned that Marshall has reached out already as well, but like I said WMU has connections with the family on staff.
07-21-2017 03:40 PM
uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
Animal a few rag doll tosses in those highlights
07-23-2017 10:47 PM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

I like this pending series with Syracuse it has the makings of a nice interconference rivalry. Lots of reasons ,close proximity, shared recruiting territory, former Syracuse coaches now on staff at WMU. It's a game WMU can be competitive in and win. Even though the two schools are not in state schools this kind of game is a kin to the Miami Ohio, Cincy rivalry. I like it and hope this series can sustain itself over the years. This game should get lots,of interest from the student and community fans when it's played in Kalamazoo.
07-25-2017 10:24 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(07-25-2017 10:24 AM)goldsworth Wrote:  I like this pending series with Syracuse it has the makings of a nice interconference rivalry. Lots of reasons ,close proximity, shared recruiting territory, former Syracuse coaches now on staff at WMU. It's a game WMU can be competitive in and win. Even though the two schools are not in state schools this kind of game is a kin to the Miami Ohio, Cincy rivalry. I like it and hope this series can sustain itself over the years. This game should get lots,of interest from the student and community fans when it's played in Kalamazoo.

UCinn has won 11 straight against the RedHawks. Not much of a rivalry.
07-25-2017 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.