RE: Big 12 strong financially as teams split $348M in revenue
Big12 fans are so happy that they can’t even say anything
08-03-2018 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Win5002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big 12 & B1G
It shows why the league stayed at 10 to maximize revenue.

That is no offense to Houston or anyone else that was considered, because I do believe Houston would added to the Big 12 ratings and could be a solid addition in a content based model of programming. But I don't think OU wants another Texas school elevated to compete against for recruits.
08-09-2018 02:13 PM
Advertisement

JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
(08-09-2018 02:13 PM)Win5002 Wrote:  It shows why the league stayed at 10 to maximize revenue.

That is no offense to Houston or anyone else that was considered, because I do believe Houston would added to the Big 12 ratings and could be a solid addition in a content based model of programming. But I don't think OU wants another Texas school elevated to compete against for recruits.
The b12 was never going to expand with g5 schools, they were in the hunt for two Top A5 schools
Houston is the least likely school to be invited into the big12 for several reasons
1) Houston has too much recruiting potential if it were in today’s upper class with a direct path to a A5 championship ( don’t underestimate this one)
2) over saturation of Texas schools in one conference
3) perception, Houston as a city and its resident population is disliked even hated by our fellow Texans and this kind of attitude has made it difficult for UofH
I will gladly say that Houston has the lions share of power at a he state capital in Austin right now, so who knows what might happen
If this new AAC money is big enough I’d rather Houston stay in the AAC and stay away from the b12 and all the haters that would come with it
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018 09:12 AM by JHS55.)
08-11-2018 09:08 AM
Win5002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big 12 & B1G
(08-11-2018 09:08 AM)JHS55 Wrote:  
(08-09-2018 02:13 PM)Win5002 Wrote:  It shows why the league stayed at 10 to maximize revenue.

The b12 was never going to expand with g5 schools, they were in the hunt for two Top A5 schools
Houston is the least likely school to be invited into the big12 for several reasons
1) Houston has too much recruiting potential if it were in today’s upper class with a direct path to a A5 championship ( don’t underestimate this one)
2) over saturation of Texas schools in one conference
3) perception, Houston as a city and its resident population is disliked even hated by our fellow Texans and this kind of attitude has made it difficult for UofH
I will gladly say that Houston has the lions share of power at a he state capital in Austin right now, so who knows what might happen
If this new AAC money is big enough I’d rather Houston stay in the AAC and stay away from the b12 and all the haters that would come with it

I know Barry Switzer was vocal about not adding UH and thus elevating them to P5 status and the increased competition for recruits.
I understand that thought process.

I guess UH would have to sell better ratings of games because I think adding UH would increase all Texahoma games, even the ones UH didn't play because Houston would have a Big 12 team in the market and viewership of close regional games would probably be higher. I realize Texas probably already has more fans in Houston than Houston but having a team in town would probably magnify that.

The other thing I would try to sell as UH is it would plant a B12 team in Houston and try to thwart/slow down the SEC's access into Houston & the rest of the state in Texas. If the B12 added UH and UH was successful and A&M had a prolonged downturn, I think it could damage the SEC in Texas.

Even with those arguments I expect the B12 to stay at 10, the revenues have been to good.
08-24-2018 11:35 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Texas my or my not have more fans in Houston, Iam sure the data is out there , right now Iam thinking there are more houston fans in Houston
Texas a&m and Texas have a bunch LSU to a lesser extent but still alot
08-26-2018 04:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.