Local recruiting article about CLF and the jerk he replaced
Bookmark and Share
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
03-lmfao http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state...cincinnati

What else can you do but laugh about that clown from Arkansas? Thank God he's gone and thank God we now have someone who gets it.

05-21-2017 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: Local recruiting article about CLF and the jerk he replaced
I grew up in Finneytowns and commuted to UC. The drive from UC to St X is less than 10 minutes and St X is one of the best programs around.

05-21-2017 03:50 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
This comes as no surprise. Since I have done my fair share of slamming The Coach (Formerly Known As ________ __________) I will just say this...his lame impersonation as a coach will only help to further LF's success. You would think ________ __________'s retirement in coaching style would have him working the local high schools right in his back yard. Not too far to drive, fertile recruiting territory, try to defend your turf, build relationships and excitement for the program, etc. I guess even that was too much to expect from Ol' Yeller.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2017 04:06 PM by UCGrad1992.)
05-21-2017 04:05 PM
pat5775 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
TT took laziness to a whole new level. Good riddance to that punk. I hope he never coaches again, even at the pop warner level.

On another note, thank god it sounds like Fickell gets it. I feel more and more optimistic about the football program with each article I read... Hard to believe half a year ago I thought the exact opposite. I thought the football program was left for dead and no part of the administration seemed to care. Amazing what a simple resignation of one individual can do.

05-21-2017 05:07 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(05-21-2017 03:26 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  03-lmfao http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state...cincinnati

What else can you do but laugh about that clown from Arkansas? Thank God he's gone and thank God we now have someone who gets it.

I think a big question would be is how in the heck did the AD not know and do something about this sooner?

05-21-2017 06:40 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-21-2017 03:26 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  03-lmfao http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state...cincinnati

Why do I feel dirty and a little bit ashamed that "Eleven Warriors" and the Bucknuts are cheering for UC...and I liked it?

05-21-2017 07:15 PM
Advertisement

pat5775 Offline
1st String

(05-21-2017 06:40 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  

I think a big question would be is how in the heck did the AD not know and do something about this sooner?

The only thing I can think is that they didn't want to pay TT to go away.

05-21-2017 07:23 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(05-21-2017 07:15 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

Why do I feel dirty and a little bit ashamed that "Eleven Warriors" and the Bucknuts are cheering for UC...and I liked it?

I know how you feel. That being said we need them to follow along... I want better TV ratings and would for them to buy tickets to a game or two... only going to help us raise our profile and put money in the coffers.

05-21-2017 07:31 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
I forget who, but someone on the board was still defending him a few weeks ago. **** Tuberville. He stole from our university and I hope he never gets another coaching job.

05-21-2017 07:46 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(05-21-2017 07:23 PM)pat5775 Wrote:  

The AD is the football coach's boss right? Tell him to do his damn job or fire him for cause for not doing it.

05-21-2017 08:33 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

[Image: 22396203-mmmain.jpg]

"Hey I appreciate it T______ but I'm not in a position right now to add a special recruiting assistant to my staff."

05-21-2017 08:56 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators

Coaches were openly talking about this as early as 2013. Folks like Marcus and I were banging the drum on here about what recruits, families, and HS head coaches were saying about Coach Persona Non Grata and some people got their panties all in a wad over it.

05-21-2017 08:56 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(05-21-2017 08:56 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

Coaches were openly talking about this as early as 2013. Folks like Marcus and I were banging the drum on here about what recruits, families, and HS head coaches were saying about Coach Persona Non Grata and some people got their panties all in a wad over it.

I believe it. Does not paint a pretty picture about the AD though. It is his darn job to over see these coaches. Hell, he should be out at the local schools as much as possible if it is allowed.

05-21-2017 09:14 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

[Image: bobby-petrino-9ab0e936e9032b49.jpg]

"I can't speak to any details but all I can tell you at this point is I have had some discussions with Coach T______ T________ regarding a special role in our program."

05-21-2017 09:23 PM
pat5775 Offline
1st String

(05-21-2017 08:33 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  
(05-21-2017 07:23 PM)pat5775 Wrote:  

The AD is the football coach's boss right? Tell him to do his damn job or fire him for cause for not doing it.

Oh absolutely. I was saying that pretty much all season but around November I had completely lost faith in our AD to do a damn the about the TT situation. After the week 1 performance against that FCS school, that was when I completely gave up on TT. It was beyond infuriating to see this university carry him all through the season despite the fact that the team was in shambles. I got the feeling the AD couldn't care less, and was either too much of a wuss to fire a name like tuberville or was too stupid to realize how horrible he was.

05-22-2017 06:25 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
I think Specht is practicing a little revisionist history. Since when did Dantonio, Kelly, and Butch own the city? I don't recall any of them winning a single recruiting battle against a big time program for a 4 star local player. They were able to identify and bring in lower rated local talent and develop them, but I wouldn't consider that "owning" Cincinnati.

05-22-2017 06:55 AM
Advertisement

dj3600 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Uc
I think the AD kept him so long to show stability for the big 12 hoping it would result in an invite. I wish they would have gotten rid of him sooner but really don't think it would have made much difference for last season the team looked way to out of shape and the coaches that would have been left didn't show that they could have done much to help win any games. I really like CF and think that Bohn made a great hirer should at least be a fun season to watch Go Bearcats

05-22-2017 07:02 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(05-22-2017 06:55 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  I think Specht is practicing a little revisionist history. Since when did Dantonio, Kelly, and Butch own the city? I don't recall any of them winning a single recruiting battle against a big time program for a 4 star local player. They were able to identify and bring in lower rated local talent and develop them, but I wouldn't consider that "owning" Cincinnati.

Agreed. There's a lot of revisionist history going on here. About the best you could say about any of them is that they were just beginning to establish the roots of a presence locally for big time recruits; then they left...

05-22-2017 07:34 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
With this article, St. X, Elder, Colerain, & Moeller have now each come out in articles over the last few months saying that Tubby never darkened their doorways...03-lmfao That stiff had no conscience. He'd cash those checks and tee it up like a boss. Actually visiting schools was beneath the dignity of a man of his obviously rich pedigree.

Hawkins had to send a text to CLF when he was hired because UC had not put much effort in on him. 03-lmfao

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017 07:35 AM by rath v2.0.)
05-22-2017 07:34 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(05-21-2017 09:14 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  
(05-21-2017 08:56 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

I believe it. Does not paint a pretty picture about the AD though. It is his darn job to over see these coaches. Hell, he should be out at the local schools as much as possible if it is allowed.

Let's take a step back a little... UC was not going to fire Tuberville in his first or second season... first of all the buyout was ~$5M back then... we don't have that kind of cash laying around even if Tubs was not recruiting locally.. .. second those teams went 9-4 and the 2014 team won a share of the conference championship. A firing was not justifiable and affordable until season three (2015). The buyout dropped to $1.6M and the team folded up shop down the stretch-- not to mention not even showing up to the bowl game in Hawaii. That being said, UC took a risk on one more season.... why they did so I don't know. My take on it is to follow the money. Coaching changes aren't made unless the big donors are ready to pay for it... for whatever reason the Lindners, Larry Sheakley, et al. did not want to reach into their wallet just yet to send him packing (likely due to all the money they just put down on Nippert the year before not to mention what they were going to shell out for 5/3rd).

All the blame lays on the guy who is currently the AD at Virginia Tech for making the hire in the first place.

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017 07:47 AM by CliftonAve.)
05-22-2017 07:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.