Tricia Cullop Signs Contract Extension
05-17-2017 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
RE: Tricia Cullop Signs Contract Extension
I hope this past season isn't our only trip to the Big Dance for the next 8 years
05-17-2017 01:24 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(05-17-2017 01:24 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  I hope this past season isn't our only trip to the Big Dance for the next 8 years

It's a crap shoot every year but almost all major contributions return with some nice new players-and we're still a year away from what should be the best personnel in a looooong time.
05-17-2017 02:31 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
I always wondered, do they actually extend the contract? Like make it longer?

They should.

I think this is a no-brainer isn't it? Good for the community. Good GPA. Competitive team. Hope Coach finds the Assistants and formula to take the program a leap, even at the risk of losing her. Hope Toledo continues to support her. Like to see some in-roads into a younger (between the kids and the grand folks) fan-base. Another 500 in the seats? Good goal.
05-17-2017 02:49 PM
dbr65 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
An average of 500 students per women's game would be great. Except for the BG game, it doesn't happen.
We should have sold out Savage for the ND game, too bad we did not do so.
We need more kids, adults and senior citizens to fill the place up.
05-17-2017 04:01 PM
Advertisement

T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-17-2017 01:24 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  I hope this past season isn't our only trip to the Big Dance for the next 8 years

As someone noted, winning the MAC Tournament in the last few years has been something of a crap shoot. However, it is very important for the program that the team make it back to the NCAA either this year or next while there are still a number of players on the roster who have NCAA Tourney experience. Regardless how disciplined a team may be, the first trip to the NCAA particularly after a long absence can be a bit intimidating with lots of distractions as (IMO) we saw with the Lady Rockets this year. However, having experienced "life under the big top" once before, if the Ladies can make a return this year or next they should be better able to focus on the business at hand and hopefully make a bit of noise, particularly if they get to play a bit closer to home next time.
05-17-2017 05:19 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-17-2017 02:49 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  I always wondered, do they actually extend the contract? Like make it longer?

They should.

I think this is a no-brainer isn't it? Good for the community. Good GPA. Competitive team. Hope Coach finds the Assistants and formula to take the program a leap, even at the risk of losing her. Hope Toledo continues to support her. Like to see some in-roads into a younger (between the kids and the grand folks) fan-base. Another 500 in the seats? Good goal.

I don't think that is a lot risk in losing Coach Cullop in the foreseeable future for a couple of reasons. First and foremost there are not nearly as many WBB programs as there are MBB (or probably even FB) programs that are more attractive that the Toledo situation----of course there are a number but not nearly as large a number as for MBB and FB, therefore, fewer tempting possibilities. In second place Coach Cullop has been a head coach now for something like 17 years and this is her first NCAA trip as a head coach. The fact that she has a nice winning record and a WNIT championship is all well and good but most schools that she would likely consider probably consider the NCAA as the Holy Grail and 1 in 17 isn't going to get them that worked up. Now if Cullop builds on this success (unlike the WNIT success) and starts dominating the MAC the way UT did in the Fennelly/Ehlen transition years or the way BGSU did under Fran Voll and later Kurt Miller then her stock could soar and the probably of her getting the "right" offer could become significantly higher.
05-17-2017 05:36 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
300K base + about 25K for marketing + extras for MAC title etc.
05-17-2017 08:46 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
As east said, this extension is absolutely a no-brainer. Cullop will coach in Toledo for as long as she wants, which I hope is the rest of her career.
05-18-2017 05:34 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Solid season this past one with a team that struggled to get everyone healthy at the same time for much of it. Couple pretty solid recruits coming in next season. Would be nice to have a bit more size, and yet I wouldn't be too surprised if the Rockets repeat.
05-18-2017 07:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.