Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

School apparel
Bookmark and Share
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
School apparel
Ok, I'm here in Buena Park, Knotts waiting for for my daughter's cheer event, so I'll start a slow Saturday topic.

How much are tou into your school's swag? Wear it all the time, games only, etc?

I try and wear my schools baseball cap as much as I can. Currently for this I took my block letter sweat jacket, which i also try and wear locally when weather appropriate. I want to get a polo/golf shirt with my school's logo for work occasions.

Currently mobile....away from the house or on "the throne."
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 09:59 AM by RunnerBall.)
05-06-2017 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
RE: School apparel
I wear purple more than a grown man should. No joke... I probably have close to 80 GCU t shirts. For a while they were giving them out like candy. I wear my Nike GCU joggers weekly. I have about 4 pairs of purple Nikes I rotate through. Sporting my Nike GCU baseball cap right now. I do wish GCU offered more Nike gear. I really want a basketball jersey.
05-06-2017 10:10 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
Yeah, I don't think you can drive by campus without GCU throwing 3 free tee shirts in your car window. Therefore, I also have a stockpile of purple tees. I think GCU is actually pretty weak when it comes to gear available for purchase. We are *allegedly* a Nike school, but you'd never know it walking through the campus Lope Shops.

In terms of GCU gear I wear regularly, there are a few pieces I rotate through probably weekly. A couple polos.A couple tees. I live the weekends in a pair of GCU Nike basketball shorts I picked up like 3-4 years ago. A stack of fitted, flex fit, & snapback hats. I've also bought a lot of purple non-GCU gear to rock with those. Purple ties. Purple 2015 Air Maxes. Purple G-Shock.

I'm with LU: Definitely more purple than one man should probably ever own.
05-06-2017 10:35 AM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
I have more GCU gear then I know what to do with. Most of the time I am giving my shirts to family and all that. I have a GCU baseball hat, a GCU dbacks hat, and a Havocs hat that I wear pretty regularly.

LU and gleadley: have you considered trying to buy one of the Havocs jerseys from someone in the student section. I know I still wear both of mine, so I don't know how willing they will be to part with it.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 11:02 AM by ThunderDan49.)
05-06-2017 11:02 AM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(05-06-2017 10:35 AM)gleadley Wrote:  Yeah, I don't think you can drive by campus without GCU throwing 3 free tee shirts in your car window. Therefore, I also have a stockpile of purple tees. I think GCU is actually pretty weak when it comes to gear available for purchase. We are *allegedly* a Nike school, but you'd never know it walking through the campus Lope Shops.

In terms of GCU gear I wear regularly, there are a few pieces I rotate through probably weekly. A couple polos.A couple tees. I live the weekends in a pair of GCU Nike basketball shorts I picked up like 3-4 years ago. A stack of fitted, flex fit, & snapback hats. I've also bought a lot of purple non-GCU gear to rock with those. Purple ties. Purple 2015 Air Maxes. Purple G-Shock.

I'm with LU: Definitely more purple than one man should probably ever own.
"More purple than a man should own." I love it!!

05-06-2017 01:20 PM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(05-06-2017 10:10 AM)LopesUp Wrote:  I wear purple more than a grown man should. No joke... I probably have close to 80 GCU t shirts. For a while they were giving them out like candy. I wear my Nike GCU joggers weekly. I have about 4 pairs of purple Nikes I rotate through. Sporting my Nike GCU baseball cap right now. I do wish GCU offered more Nike gear. I really want a basketball jersey.
Good point about jerseys. I'd love a baseball jersey. There are tons of people at Condors games who wear the jerseys (myself included). I'd think these days after last years run, there would be a decent market for those, especially with students. I'd wear one to games, but with a solid blue or gold T underneath.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 01:25 PM by RunnerBall.)
05-06-2017 01:24 PM
Advertisement

Clarity Offline
Special Teams

I have 3 shirts, the best being the WAC champions shirt they were selling this year when the won the regular season. Can't find any really nice CSUB hats but I would love one especially the on field baseball hats. I haven't found them anywhere though. Also the on court basketball stuff is awesome like shooting shirts and warm up jackets but I don't think they sell those either lol
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 02:07 PM by Clarity.)
05-06-2017 02:07 PM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(05-06-2017 02:07 PM)Clarity Wrote:  I have 3 shirts, the best being the WAC champions shirt they were selling this year when the won the regular season. Can't find any really nice CSUB hats but I would love one especially the on field baseball hats. I haven't found them anywhere though. Also the on court basketball stuff is awesome like shooting shirts and warm up jackets but I don't think they sell those either lol
The CSUB online site has been VASTLY improved this year with regard to variety. You might also check the WAC site. I got the "snarling bird" cap in gold year before last. I like it, but as you know, with light color, the stains really show, as is to be expected.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 02:15 PM by RunnerBall.)
05-06-2017 02:14 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

(05-06-2017 02:14 PM)RunnerBall Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 02:07 PM)Clarity Wrote:  I have 3 shirts, the best being the WAC champions shirt they were selling this year when the won the regular season. Can't find any really nice CSUB hats but I would love one especially the on field baseball hats. I haven't found them anywhere though. Also the on court basketball stuff is awesome like shooting shirts and warm up jackets but I don't think they sell those either lol
The CSUB online site has been VASTLY improved this year with regard to variety. You might also check the WAC site. I got the "snarling bird" cap in gold year before last. I like it, but as you know, with light color, the stains really show, as is to be expected.

Yeah the CSUB store has tons of stuff just not what I'm looking for. Like I wish they made an adidas snapback but they don't. Hook me up with a link for the WAC store. Can't seem to find it.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 02:25 PM by Clarity.)
05-06-2017 02:23 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
I have 3 shirts I wear but I think one was stolen by my ex girlfriend. My favorite SU possession is a giant 5'x2.5' or so banner hanging in the living room that I put outside for big games. Probably the only person in Idaho with one.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 02:32 PM by SeattleVandals.)
05-06-2017 02:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(05-06-2017 02:23 PM)Clarity Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 02:14 PM)RunnerBall Wrote:  

Yeah the CSUB store has tons of stuff just not what I'm looking for. Like I wish they made an adidas snapback but they don't. Hook me up with a link for the WAC store. Can't seem to find it.
It was https://wac.teamfanshop.com/

But, defunct I think. Not at home or by wi-fi at the moment, so not sure if dead link if my phone's issue.
Maybe thats why my schools site git si much better.

05-06-2017 05:23 PM
Advertisement

Brillio Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Nevada & GCU
I have one gcu polo (quality polos seemed to have doubled in price the last ten years) and a handful of gcu tees I've gotten as giveaways. I usually wear one of those to a non-dbacks Rockies game to sotrta fit in with the rest of the purple. I did see a big group of people, probably a family, wearing a bunch of gcu stuff at Friday's dbacks-rockies game though.
05-07-2017 10:11 AM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(05-07-2017 10:11 AM)Brillio Wrote:  I have one gcu polo (quality polos seemed to have doubled in price the last ten years) and a handful of gcu tees I've gotten as giveaways. I usually wear one of those to a non-dbacks Rockies game to sotrta fit in with the rest of the purple. I did see a big group of people, probably a family, wearing a bunch of gcu stuff at Friday's dbacks-rockies game though.
I thought you were a UN fan.

Ok, anybody here have other school's gear?
Or....any school you'd never be caught dead in? (Ok, cue the 'Lopes-Ags War )
I have a Cal Poly T that they gave away one Saturday, years ago, when they played Bakersfield (CSUB fans love to make the trip to SLO, especially when we used to play 3 game series) I thought about getting a CSUN cap as my mom lives really close to the campus.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 10:34 AM by RunnerBall.)
05-07-2017 10:34 AM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
I have a handful of GCU/Gonzaga/Washington State/Arizona, I would say that I wouldn't wear ASU/NMSU/UNM/BYU/BoiseSt
05-07-2017 11:02 AM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
I have 2 SU hats that I wear. Also have lots of Texas gear.
05-07-2017 11:08 AM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
I have tons of Aggie apparel... T-shirts, sweatshirts, caps, shorts, and even lanyards I wear at work... Oh, and I have one free GCU "whiteout" T-shirt I use to clean my toilets. It does make them white. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 12:07 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
05-07-2017 12:05 PM
Advertisement

CountDooku Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCLA, WAC
As a Bruin, I only have UCLA apparel at the moment. I am looking towards getting some WAC apparel, but I haven't seen any that has catches my attention. I also second Brillo's comment on polos being so expensive, paying $50+ for one is not something I find to be a good price.
05-07-2017 01:48 PM
NuMexAg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
I have plenty of NMSU gear - T shirts, sweatshirts, lunch bags, luggage tags. What I get for going to so many Alumni events! I wear the T Shirts a fair amount. Sweatshirts I outgrew!

I actually used to own a UCSD shirt. Bought it when I was working in San Diego a long time ago (MUCH younger then). Don't know what possessed me to buy it - thought it looked cool I guess. Also owned a Colorado shirt when I lived in Denver, but that was just a fan thing.

Both are long gone now. Kind of like me - lol....
05-07-2017 03:21 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

(05-07-2017 01:48 PM)AUCLABrigadier Wrote:  As a Bruin, I only have UCLA apparel at the moment. I am looking towards getting some WAC apparel, but I haven't seen any that has catches my attention. I also second Brillo's comment on polos being so expensive, paying $50+ for one is not something I find to be a good price.

Excited for UCLA-CSUB this year?
05-07-2017 03:32 PM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(05-07-2017 12:05 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I have tons of Aggie apparel... T-shirts, sweatshirts, caps, shorts, and even lanyards I wear at work... Oh, and I have one free GCU "whiteout" T-shirt I use to clean my toilets. It does make them white. 05-stirthepot
Oh my....what have I done! I'm shocked that my question would lead to anything like this. 😯.....

05-07-2017 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.