Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Clemson University Requires All Freshman to Take New Social Justice Course
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
Clemson University Requires All Freshman to Take New Social Justice Course
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/clemson-...ce-course/

Quote:Clemson University is ramping up efforts to push a social justice agenda on campus. Following a new “diversity education” program for faculty members, the university has now announced plans to create a similar mandatory course for freshmen.

Chief Diversity Officer Lee Gill detailed the effort in a campus-wide email Monday (attained by Campus Reform). “Our student body and faculty continues to become more diverse and the university has taken steps to transparently share its complex history, increased financial resources and improved facilities have been made available to better serve our under-represented student communities,” he wrote. “The university is also providing additional staff training and of course instruction for students regarding diversity and inclusion.”
04-25-2017 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Clemson University Requires All Freshman to Take New Social Justice Course
A great opportunity to get a nice long middle of the day nap.
04-25-2017 04:32 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Perhaps work on a date for the kegger...
04-25-2017 04:35 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Be prepared to kiss your football coach goodbye.
04-25-2017 04:36 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
from 4 wall sports to this......yippee fk'n kay yay and kumbaya biatches.....

you couldn't pay me enough to send my 'soon to graduate' daughter there.....

I'm just going to set her business up and forgo all this stupid shite...

wtf has happened to folk.....what a collective group of 'Peter principle' mo-fk'n-rons....

that shite pisses me off beyond repair.....the contradictory violence from the sjws determined that once they pushed 'that' button....toss in everything else, and they can enjoy that 'left'over salad.....
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 04:40 PM by stinkfist.)
04-25-2017 04:39 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
uh oh, kaplony..... I was hoping this crap would bypass SC.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 04:57 PM by Hood-rich.)
04-25-2017 04:56 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(04-25-2017 04:56 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  uh oh, kaplony..... I was hoping this crap would bypass SC.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app

you know he doesn't like it....as he shouldn't
04-25-2017 05:38 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I'd like to see a bill introduced in the SC House to deduct from Clemson's public money support the exact salary of Lee Gill.
04-25-2017 05:51 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Clemson Administrator Proposes “Intercultural Competency” Litmus Test For Student Government…

It’s the left’s ultimate goal to do this on a national level.

Quote:A Clemson administrator has proposed requiring student government candidates to pass an “intercultural competency” test before being permitted to run for or hold office.

The “intercultural competency” test requirement for Student Government candidates who wish to run for office was just one of the ideas Altheia Richardson, Clemson’s Director of the Gantt Multicultural Center, proposed in a recent presentation to Clemson Undergraduate Student Government (CUSG) Senate. As an alternative, Richardson also suggested group training for CUSG members once elected.

“Vetting the candidates ideologically before elections even happen…represents a kind of creepy totalitarianism.” Tweet This

“So when it comes to this whole idea of intercultural competence, what would it look like to have a standard for if you’re going to be elected as an officer, or hold a seat within CUSG, that you have to demonstrate that you have a certain level of intercultural competence, before you’re allowed to take that office, or that seat,” Richardson stated, according to CUSG Senate’s public livestream.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9096
04-25-2017 06:47 PM
stinkfist Offline

(04-25-2017 06:47 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  Clemson Administrator Proposes “Intercultural Competency” Litmus Test For Student Government…

It’s the left’s ultimate goal to do this on a national level.

Quote:A Clemson administrator has proposed requiring student government candidates to pass an “intercultural competency” test before being permitted to run for or hold office.

The “intercultural competency” test requirement for Student Government candidates who wish to run for office was just one of the ideas Altheia Richardson, Clemson’s Director of the Gantt Multicultural Center, proposed in a recent presentation to Clemson Undergraduate Student Government (CUSG) Senate. As an alternative, Richardson also suggested group training for CUSG members once elected.

“Vetting the candidates ideologically before elections even happen…represents a kind of creepy totalitarianism.” Tweet This

“So when it comes to this whole idea of intercultural competence, what would it look like to have a standard for if you’re going to be elected as an officer, or hold a seat within CUSG, that you have to demonstrate that you have a certain level of intercultural competence, before you’re allowed to take that office, or that seat,” Richardson stated, according to CUSG Senate’s public livestream.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9096

you can't laugh hard enough at all the Altheia-ers......they're everywhere...

"give an inch, take a mile" comes to mind.....

what a bunch of fk'n dipshites.....
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 07:16 PM by stinkfist.)
04-25-2017 07:15 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
I would imagine that there's a few folks at Clemson University who are going to get their reigns snatched back to reality in short order. You might be able to get away with this kind of crap at a private school or a public school in a liberal state but when you are at a somewhat conservative school in a conservative state to begin with and are governed by a conservative BOT and funded by a conservative legislature you can't.
04-25-2017 07:21 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Corporate America has been requiring diversity training for at least 20 years. I had mandatory training in it the first time in 1998 and I was working at a smallish regional bank at the time.

Diversity training in and of itself is not a bad thing, it is really more about how the material is presented. That's really the issue with the SJW movement these days. The white guilt thing is where they are going down the wrong road. You don't win anyone over by blaming them for your problems. Instead you create resentment.
04-25-2017 10:25 PM
stinkfist Offline

(04-25-2017 10:25 PM)banker Wrote:  Corporate America has been requiring diversity training for at least 20 years. I had mandatory training in it the first time in 1998 and I was working at a smallish regional bank at the time.

Diversity training in and of itself is not a bad thing, it is really more about how the material is presented. That's really the issue with the SJW movement these days. The white guilt thing is where they are going down the wrong road. You don't win anyone over by blaming them for your problems. Instead you create resentment.

XACLY!
04-26-2017 06:10 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
I have never in my life been through "diversity training". We have black people, women, and an Asian (woman) in my office. We have everything but millennials, aside from our receptionist, who is one of those "uneducated" Trump voting millennials. Aside from her, I am the youngest person here at 38. Never had any problems in 6 years. The reality is when you start bringing in millennials, you start having problems. Unless you have an airtight referral from someone you trust, you are better off paying a little more and getting an experienced Xer or Boomer that will work with the team than saving a little money and phucking up the dynamics.
04-26-2017 07:57 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-26-2017 07:57 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  I have never in my life been through "diversity training". We have black people, women, and an Asian (woman) in my office. We have everything but millennials, aside from our receptionist, who is one of those "uneducated" Trump voting millennials. Aside from her, I am the youngest person here at 38. Never had any problems in 6 years. The reality is when you start bringing in millennials, you start having problems. Unless you have an airtight referral from someone you trust, you are better off paying a little more and getting an experienced Xer or Boomer that will work with the team than saving a little money and phucking up the dynamics.

We had a small special needs private school where the millennial teachers, none of whom had kids, let alone special needs kids, were stirring up the parents because the approach wasn't what they would do. One of them wrote a letter to the board that indicated he had no clue what the school was about and he had taught there for 3 years! They lead to the destruction of the school (not immediately, but they weakened it) which took a lot of kids who would fail in public schools and couldn't get accepted anywhere else. They claimed they cared about the kids, but 4 of them quit mid year without notice. They spread false rumors. It was almost like a coup attempt. It was really disgusting. When they didn't get their way they wanted to destroy the school.

I told my sister, who's in HR, about it, and before I had gotten beyond the letter part of the story and said anything about the ages of the teachers, she asked their ages and then said, "Classic boomer-millennial conflict" and then told ME the rest of the story. Millenials come in thinking they know everything (maybe not that different than the boomers-but the next part is) and then thinking they should be able to make the decisions and ignore their employers. They think the boomers are work-a-holics and rigid. Boomers think the Millenials are lazy and entitled.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2017 08:41 AM by bullet.)
04-26-2017 08:39 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
I had diversity training. It was called childhood.
04-26-2017 08:40 AM
Advertisement

Hood-rich Offline

what is this supposed to accomplish?
04-26-2017 09:04 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-26-2017 09:04 AM)Hood-rich Wrote:  what is this supposed to accomplish?

Probably tied to some sort of funding..........
04-26-2017 09:05 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

Give the chief diversity officer something to do. Bureaucratic justification.
04-26-2017 09:07 AM
Hood-rich Offline

(04-26-2017 09:07 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Give the chief diversity officer something to do. Bureaucratic justification.

It just seems like this would be insulting as a minority. To sit in the class while somebody lectures everybody else about how special you are.... I would be ashamed.
04-26-2017 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.