Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NYT Reporter Says Press Conferences Are More ‘Democratic’ Under Trump Than Obama
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
NYT Reporter Says Press Conferences Are More ‘Democratic’ Under Trump Than Obama

I’ll give Glenn Thrush props for actually saying this and admitting essentially that Obama primarily called on favorable media.

Quote:"I do want to give Trump credit on things, " Thrush said. "I think one of the things that I think he's doing better than Barack Obama are these press conferences and his outreach to individual reporters, even for organizations like my own that he criticizes."

Thrush said reporters have been falling into a "trap" of saying that the "Golden Age" for freedom of the press was under Obama.

"When Obama had press conferences, he had a single piece of white paper and he had six or seven organizations that he had pre-selected to call upon, and a lot of them were pretty favorable to him, too," Thrush said.

"I think Trump's free-ranging press conferences, I think, are a lot more Democratic than the way that Obama conducted them," Thrush added.
04-25-2017 10:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: NYT Reporter Says Press Conferences Are More ‘Democratic’ Under Trump Than Obama
I just commented to my wife on this subject while watching tv the other day. They showed Trump walking by some reporters. They shouted questions.Question about healthcare and the looming government shutdown this week. He stopped a couple of times and answered some of those questions. He does this often.

Hillary would have corralled the reporters with rope like they were cattle.

Obama wouldnt have let the press within a hundred feet of himself, and if someone yelled a question loud enough to be heard by him, he would just put his hand up to his ear as if he couldnt hear them.

The press has better access to a president than they've had in a really long time.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 10:19 AM by UofMstateU.)
04-25-2017 10:18 AM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: NYT Reporter Says Press Conferences Are More ‘Democratic’ Under Trump Than Obama
Off to the gulags with this one
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 10:22 AM by solohawks.)
04-25-2017 10:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.