Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Politically Correct Wusses Fail To Ban Dodgeball In Louisiana Public Schools
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Politically Correct Wusses Fail To Ban Dodgeball In Louisiana Public Schools
[Image: 6yl3z6.jpg]

Human target game???

Quote:The dark forces of political correctness and the general wussification of America have failed to outlaw the rite of passage that is dodgeball as a school-sponsored activity in Louisiana.

A group of about two dozen teachers and education desk jockeys calling itself the Louisiana Physical Education Standards Committee had tried to add a wholesale, statewide prohibition on dodgeball to a set of revamped physical education standards, reports The Advocate, a Baton Rouge newspaper.

However, Louisiana’s Board of Elementary and Secondary Education rejected the ban.

Supporters of the dodgeball ban expressed shock at the decision.

“Honestly, I didn’t think it was going to be an issue,” Louisiana Physical Education Standards Committee member Kathy Hill told The Advocate.

Hill, a kinesiology professor at Louisiana State University, suggested that the plan to ban dodgeball was designed as a largely symbolic attempt to reduce bullying.

“In trying to be really sensitive about bullying, which is just a huge issue now in the schools,” she told the Baton Rouge newspaper. “We just felt like we needed to put a statement in there about human target games.

The state education board rejected the dodgeball ban because they feared a public backlash and because they viewed the ban as draconian and dumb.

“Dodgeball is an activity that we know many of our students enjoy,” board vice president Holly Boffy told The Advocate. “We want to be careful that we don’t create regulations that would stand in the way of students getting fit and enjoying P.E.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/victor...c-schools/
04-24-2017 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
RE: Politically Correct Wusses Fail To Ban Dodgeball In Louisiana Public Schools
We played this game once in the gym on a bad weather day. We thought it would be okay because we told the kids to play at their own risk. Those who did not want to play could sit on the bleachers.

Well wouldn't you know it, one of the students threw the ball and it went wide and hit a girl who did not want to play in the face breaking her jaw. Needless to say, I was fully expecting to lose my job. Thankfully, we told the Principal the truth and took full responsibility. We spoke to the parents and told them everything that happened.

Thankfully, the parents were totally understanding and did not make a big deal out of it.

Long story short, Dodge ball should absolutely be banned from schools.
04-24-2017 09:50 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Politically Correct Wusses Fail To Ban Dodgeball In Louisiana Public Schools
I loved playing this game in school. Pitty admins are such wussies these days.
04-24-2017 09:54 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
My 8 year old plays dodgeball at school. Surprising being that Virginia has slipped further down the slope of wussiness than Louisiana.
04-24-2017 10:28 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(04-24-2017 10:28 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  My 8 year old plays dodgeball at school. Surprising being that Virginia has slipped further down the slope of wussiness than Louisiana.

My kids play some weird version where they have to roll the ball at players. No throwing allowed.
04-24-2017 10:29 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(04-24-2017 09:50 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  We played this game once in the gym on a bad weather day. We thought it would be okay because we told the kids to play at their own risk. Those who did not want to play could sit on the bleachers.

Well wouldn't you know it, one of the students threw the ball and it went wide and hit a girl who did not want to play in the face breaking her jaw. Needless to say, I was fully expecting to lose my job. Thankfully, we told the Principal the truth and took full responsibility. We spoke to the parents and told them everything that happened.

Thankfully, the parents were totally understanding and did not make a big deal out of it.

Because a girl in Texas broke her jaw?

There are about 60,000 gym injuries requiring a hospital visit, per year, in the United states. Maybe all gym should be banned.

Long story short... If the girl was playing instead of jabbering on the bleachers unaware of the environment then perhaps her jaw would not have been broken.
04-24-2017 10:34 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(04-24-2017 09:50 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  We played this game once in the gym on a bad weather day. We thought it would be okay because we told the kids to play at their own risk. Those who did not want to play could sit on the bleachers.

[Image: politifact_photos_false_meter.jpg]
04-24-2017 10:38 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU

Or maybe you should have used gator balls or 4-Square balls instead of baseballs?
04-24-2017 10:42 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
We used to use the kick balls for our dodge balls games in elementary school. Those things couldn't break a jaw. I say Fit is espousing "fake news".
04-24-2017 10:48 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
The goal is to emasculate, simple as that.
04-24-2017 10:57 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(04-24-2017 10:57 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  The goal is to emasculate, simple as that.

Now that I think about it, I'm not going to blame the schools. I blame the parents that hire the lawyers that sue the schools.
04-24-2017 11:03 AM
Advertisement

BEARCATDALE Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Back when I was in high school, there was a kid that later got drafted as a pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays (he never played for them). We were playing dodge ball in the gym. The rules were that you could not throw above the chest area. He reared back and let one go. It hit a girl across the face and she dropped instantly. She had a checkered tattoo of the ball across her cheek for a week. Nothing happened except a few laughs. For about the past ten years my kids school has hosted an annual dodgeball tournament after school to raise money for a variety of charities. They raise on average about $4 to 5 thousand dollars each year.
04-24-2017 08:31 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-24-2017 08:31 PM)BEARCATDALE Wrote:  Back when I was in high school, there was a kid that later got drafted as a pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays (he never played for them). We were playing dodge ball in the gym. The rules were that you could not throw above the chest area. He reared back and let one go. It hit a girl across the face and she dropped instantly. She had a checkered tattoo of the ball across her cheek for a week. Nothing happened except a few laughs. For about the past ten years my kids school has hosted an annual dodgeball tournament after school to raise money for a variety of charities. They raise on average about $4 to 5 thousand dollars each year.

Usually a broken arm or two a year from the rush to get away in junior high. It was nearly everybody's favorite.
04-24-2017 08:34 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Y'all should have probably rethought using a bowling ball in dodgeball.
04-24-2017 08:41 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Dodge ball was one game the fat kids, athletics kids, boys, and girls all loved. Dumb to ban it.
04-24-2017 08:54 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
How do some of these people make it through a single day with all that there is to be offended and outraged over?

A generation of liberal ******* and helicopter parents trying to raise another generation of liberal *******.
04-25-2017 07:11 AM
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Dodgeball is important because it teaches you at a young age that people really can suck. It's good emotional prep for what high school can become.
04-25-2017 08:02 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(04-24-2017 11:03 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(04-24-2017 10:57 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  The goal is to emasculate, simple as that.

Now that I think about it, I'm not going to blame the schools. I blame the parents that hire the lawyers that sue the schools.

This.
04-25-2017 09:18 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Dodgeball was awesome back in the day. We used those slightly textured red rubber balls that could leave a nice welt if they hit exposed skin.

[Image: 7864037f94c7d93f5293e4a578928571.jpg]
04-25-2017 09:20 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
I would pay good money to play dodgeball against some of the yahoots in here. I'd bean some asses in vengeance for sure.
04-25-2017 09:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.