Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spring Game Highlights
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Spring Game Highlights
This is it for at least 4 months, so let the Spring Highlight videos roll on.

Like to see everyone else highlight videos and here is ours.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 09:18 AM by Steve1981.)
04-21-2017 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
RE: Spring Game Highlights
Are the new skybox and FPC going to be the last improvements to the on-campus stadium, for a while?
04-21-2017 09:21 AM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

There is a lot riding on this season. A few wins early on with a few sell-outs and improvements will start gaining the traction. Just win baby, just win, moral victories are not enough.

Like to see others highlight videos.
04-21-2017 09:28 AM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

Here is Minnesota's

04-21-2017 09:33 AM
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

Keep in mind that the Gophs only had five healthy OL for the entire spring.

I think that means every offensive player wore Gold uniforms and every defensive player wore Maroon. So not sure if the "Maroon offense" was the 2nd string O (in Gold) vs the 2nd strong D (in Maroon), or what.
04-21-2017 09:34 AM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

No worries, it's spring ball. We played 4 10 min quarters and some starters only played the first quarter. Whipple did not coach. Chris Berman from ESPN, long time friend of coach Whipple coached the white team and new basketball coach Matt McCall coached the red team
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 09:44 AM by Steve1981.)
04-21-2017 09:43 AM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

Ha! That's great.

So I think we talked about this in the UMass thread ... but is this make or break for Whipple's second stint at UMass?? He did great the first time around ... what is different here? Probably the opponents are much more difficult now as an Indy, I can understand.
04-21-2017 10:04 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Last year's schedule was really tough and coupled with a roster that was still dominated by underclassmen. Almost all of the upperclassmen were leftovers from the Molnar disaster - not that they were all bad, but they were certainly not putting out a lot of all american candidates either.

We have a much better balanced schedule along with an little more mature roster; and both sides of the line have been severely undersized for FBS - that is starting to change for the better too - this combo should bring no less than 4 and as many as 8 wins this year.

Umass students are a tough nut to crack - major league band wagon jumpers. If they can get out of the gate 3-1 (which is very possible) they may finally get that buzz they have been so desperate to generate.
04-21-2017 01:14 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Quarterbacks were live in the Orange & White game. Between that and the fact our defense is absolutely loaded the scoring was down this year compared to years past.
04-21-2017 01:40 PM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
Here is UConn's

04-22-2017 08:30 PM
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

Husky fans, what is the state of the football fanbase currently? Season ticket sales, average attendance, current attitude toward the team?

I know it's only a spring game, and perhaps weather was a factor, but it looked pretty dead in the stadium.

It seems to me, a complete outsider admittedly, that UConn football is having a very difficult time being competitive in the AAC with programs like Houston, Memphis, Navy, etc.
04-23-2017 09:12 AM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
(04-23-2017 09:12 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  Husky fans, what is the state of the football fanbase currently? Season ticket sales, average attendance, current attitude toward the team?

I know it's only a spring game, and perhaps weather was a factor, but it looked pretty dead in the stadium.

It seems to me, a complete outsider admittedly, that UConn football is having a very difficult time being competitive in the AAC with programs like Houston, Memphis, Navy, etc.

i can't speak for other UConn fans but in my opinion people are very annoyed and aggravated with the current state of the football program. The only sellout we have had since the joining the aac was against 15 Michigan which we lost 24-21. we haven't had a winning season since our fiesta bowl appearance in 2011. i will be a UConn fan till I die, but its hard to go from one of fastest growing programs in the country to one of the worst. i have high hopes that edsal can bring us back. i don't know the details on attendence, and ticket sales but i sure that they aren't high.
04-23-2017 10:14 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Spring Game Highlights
https://youtu.be/JfOF5065Xd0

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
04-25-2017 07:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.