Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A-State inks new Adidas deal.
Bookmark and Share
stAte3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Arkansas State recently agreed to a seven-year apparel contract with Adidas that has a gross maximum benefit of just over $11.04 million with a gross guaranteed benefit of $5.25 million, according to records received under a Freedom of Information Act request. It is the largest apparel deal of its nature for any Sun Belt Conference school and one of the largest deals for any NCAA Division I program outside the five power conferences.

Arkansas State's previous agreement with Adidas was for five years and had a maximum annual value of $345,000 with a guaranteed annual value of $215,000. The gross maximum value of the five-year agreement was $1.725 million while the gross guaranteed value was $1.075 million.
The new apparel contract represents an unprecedented increase in products that will be supplied by Adidas and bonuses for success through competition. Compared to the previous deal, ASU's new agreement represents a 357 percent increase in gross-maximum annual total value.
04-18-2017 07:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Largest deal in league history goes to us.

Color me not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-18-2017 07:51 AM
Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
RE: A-State inks new Adidas deal.
(04-18-2017 07:51 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  Largest deal in league history goes to us.

Color me not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only does AState up it's brand and places it in an elite group, it also helps every other school in the conference as their contracts come up in the coming years. Praise Arkansas State, You the "MAN"
04-18-2017 08:02 AM
stAte3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I would've guessed us, Troy, or the Cajuns. Mainly due to the fact we all wear Adidas. Nike is more stingy with their contracts with smaller programs. Most smaller schools that wear Nike don't exactly have contracts per se. Some choose to wear Nike and buy apparel from Nike at a discount.

I do know this is the first contract for a SBC school in which they will be paid to wear a brand.
04-18-2017 08:03 AM
Advertisement

trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(04-18-2017 08:03 AM)stAte3 Wrote:  I would've guessed us, Troy, or the Cajuns. Mainly due to the fact we all wear Adidas. Nike is more stingy with their contracts with smaller programs. Most smaller schools that wear Nike don't exactly have contracts per se. Some choose to wear Nike and buy apparel from Nike at a discount.

I do know this is the first contract for a SBC school in which they will be paid to wear a brand.

GS also has a deal with Adidas. It was signed our first year in FBS (used to have Nike) and for us wasn't bad. I think it pays us 250K/year over 5 years plus uniforms for most/all sports (apparently we also get one alternate per year because I doubt we pay for that). There are some other incentives and benefits, but I can't think of them.

stAte's deal is awesome and I hope other schools (GS) included also see a big bump in sponsorship in the next few years. This deal shows how good stAte fans are at purchasing merchandise. Way to support your school. 04-cheers
04-18-2017 08:10 AM
stAte3 Offline
Bench Warmer

Although there were financials attached to our last deal, that was mainly in apparel. We will actually be receiving cash in this deal.

This should be requested by other SBC schools now that it has been done.
04-18-2017 08:25 AM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(04-18-2017 08:10 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 08:03 AM)stAte3 Wrote:  I would've guessed us, Troy, or the Cajuns. Mainly due to the fact we all wear Adidas. Nike is more stingy with their contracts with smaller programs. Most smaller schools that wear Nike don't exactly have contracts per se. Some choose to wear Nike and buy apparel from Nike at a discount.

GS also has a deal with Adidas. It was signed our first year in FBS (used to have Nike) and for us wasn't bad. I think it pays us 250K/year over 5 years plus uniforms for most/all sports (apparently we also get one alternate per year because I doubt we pay for that). There are some other incentives and benefits, but I can't think of them.

stAte's deal is awesome and I hope other schools (GS) included also see a big bump in sponsorship in the next few years. This deal shows how good stAte fans are at purchasing merchandise. Way to support your school. 04-cheers

GS extended the deal with Adidas thru the 23-24 sports season.

Quote:Georgia Southern and adidas today announced a seven-year extension of their partnership in which the Portland, Oregon, based company will be the official athletic footwear, apparel and accessory brand of the Eagles through the 2023-2024 season.

Under the terms of the contract, adidas will provide footwear, uniforms, apparel and accessories to the Eagles' 17 intercollegiate programs, including the football team, which won the Sun Belt Conference in 2014 and the GoDaddy Bowl in 2015. The new deal extends a five-year partnership launched in July of 2013 and significantly impacts the apparel budget for Georgia Southern Athletics. The impact will eliminate the need for an apparel budget in many sports within the department.
http://gseagles.com/news/2016/8/24/footb...didas.aspx
04-18-2017 08:49 AM
Advertisement

CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
Hopefully that's good new for the Cajuns as well. The Cajuns previous 5-year deal with Adidas for $1.35 million deal expires after this year.
04-18-2017 09:18 AM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(04-18-2017 09:18 AM)CajunAmos Wrote:  Hopefully that's good new for the Cajuns as well. The Cajuns previous 5-year deal with Adidas for $1.35 million deal expires after this year.
Good timing for the cajuns.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
04-18-2017 09:39 AM
stAte3 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-18-2017 09:18 AM)CajunAmos Wrote:  Hopefully that's good new for the Cajuns as well. The Cajuns previous 5-year deal with Adidas for $1.35 million deal expires after this year.

I would say that it is. The Cajuns brand is just as strong.
04-18-2017 09:52 AM
Advertisement

CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
(04-18-2017 09:52 AM)stAte3 Wrote:  

Looks like we're weighing options but will sign a one year extension deal wiht Adidas for 2017-2018 until the new athletic administration can decide how they want to work this going forward.
06-23-2017 02:48 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(06-23-2017 02:48 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  

Looks like we're weighing options but will sign a one year extension deal wiht Adidas for 2017-2018 until the new athletic administration can decide how they want to work this going forward.
Not a bad strategy. With all the different marketing deals that perk along, a little caution is smart because you may end up giving up more than you mean to or find out you could have split part of it off to someone else.
06-23-2017 03:06 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
I want a contract with Crocs.
06-23-2017 04:52 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(06-23-2017 04:52 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  I want a contract with Crocs.

Wouldn't that make more sense for the Cajuns since they actually have alligators on campus?
06-26-2017 07:01 AM
stAte3 Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-23-2017 02:48 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  

Smart move. I would weigh my options between Nike and Adidas, although Nike would probably not offer much. I wouldn't even mess with Under Armour. ASU almost went that route until Adidas came back with a stronger offer. Under Armour is struggling these days. I'm glad we didn't end up going with them.
06-26-2017 07:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.