Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Karma
Bookmark and Share
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
OT: Karma
So on April Fools I made a weak joke about Liberty and GS scheduling a H/H. Yesterday someone broke news that we are hosting Texas Southern in 2018. The article also stated that our home game with Tulsa for 2018 has been cancelled.

Anyways since we got backed out on a short notice we might have to schedule Liberty 03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit if we want a "G5" home game next year. Obviously none of us want to schedule them but if we it ends up happening then I'll have to blame it on karma striking back after what I said.
04-11-2017 08:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
RE: OT: Karma
(04-11-2017 08:40 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  So on April Fools I made a weak joke about Liberty and GS scheduling a H/H. Yesterday someone broke news that we are hosting Texas Southern in 2018. The article also stated that our home game with Tulsa for 2018 has been cancelled.

Anyways since we got backed out on a short notice we might have to schedule Liberty 03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-hissyfit if we want a "G5" home game next year. Obviously none of us want to schedule them but if we it ends up happening then I'll have to blame it on karma striking back after what I said.

That's funny...

Sucks that Tulsa backed out. NC State was supposed to be in Troy this coming season and cancelled.

I actually wouldn't mind Troy playing Liberty if the opportunity arose.
04-11-2017 09:27 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(04-11-2017 08:40 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  So on April Fools I made a weak joke about Liberty and GS scheduling a H/H. Yesterday someone broke news that we are hosting Texas Southern in 2018. The article also stated that our home game with Tulsa for 2018 has been cancelled.

[Image: fart-in-elevator.gif]
04-11-2017 09:33 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Is it an April fool's joke if it's something that wouldn't really surprise anyone?
04-11-2017 09:48 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen

[Image: 6360717889658661151826985141_flat,800x800,070,f.jpg]
04-11-2017 09:51 AM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson

Then don't schedule us. I'm sure if we could get a home and home with you it would be a good get for LU since we will be a Transtional FBS team next year and need home games but a one and done is a waste of time.
04-11-2017 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State

Speak for yourself. I don't / wouldn't have an issue with Liberty. Beats the heck out of a second year FCS ETSU or Savannah State. I've about had it with the politically correct crowd decreeing what is and isn't acceptable. If it were up to me I'd schedule 'em just to hack you people off.

Sent from my XT1254 using CSNbbs mobile app
04-11-2017 11:20 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

(04-11-2017 11:04 AM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  

Then don't schedule us. I'm sure if we could get a home and home with you it would be a good get for LU since we will be a Transtional FBS team next year and need home games but a one and done is a waste of time.

Unfortunately it's not up to me...
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 11:42 AM by Bobcat2013.)
04-11-2017 11:41 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(04-11-2017 09:48 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Is it an April fool's joke if it's something that wouldn't really surprise anyone?

No. Hell, I just now found out that whole thing was an April Fools joke.
04-11-2017 11:44 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

(04-11-2017 11:20 AM)AppManDG Wrote:  

Speak for yourself. I don't / wouldn't have an issue with Liberty. Beats the heck out of a second year FCS ETSU or Savannah State. I've about had it with the politically correct crowd decreeing what is and isn't acceptable. If it were up to me I'd schedule 'em just to hack you people off.

Sent from my XT1254 using CSNbbs mobile app

You don't know me. I'm not very politically correct. I'd just rather not schedule a team that is only FBS because they said they are.
04-11-2017 11:46 AM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal

It actually made me laugh out loud to read this. The fact that you truly believe that you have any leverage whatsoever when it comes to FBS scheduling.

The ONLY thing you have to offer ANYONE is a boat load of money. So prepare to crack open that check book fattened up by your online "school."

You'll get a few home FBS games, but you'll pay a hefty price for them.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 11:53 AM by CoastalAlum2011.)
04-11-2017 11:52 AM
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(04-11-2017 11:52 AM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  

It actually made me laugh out loud to read this. The fact that you truly believe that you have any leverage whatsoever when it comes to FBS scheduling.

The ONLY thing you have to offer ANYONE is a boat load of money. So prepare to crack open that check book fattened up by your online "school."

Actually we are in a position of power and have quite bit of leverage. We need home and homes and can pay P5 or upper level G5's if we need to do a one and done home game. GSU or any lower level G5 school has zero leverage on us. I'm not saying that as an insult I'm saying we can say no to a one and done at home with GSU. GSU is the one that needs us given their position. Doing away games is the easy part of scheduling.

That aside I'm being told we have our 2018 and 2019 schedules almost done. I'm sure we will have quite a bit of home and home games on it. And maybe some one and done home games at LU. Don't confuse your hate of LU as some widely accepted thing. Most Athletic Directors don't care what Coastal thinks or what a poster on a forum thinks. Like I said before if you hate us then don't schedule us. But it's doubtful anyone one this forum has their schools Athletic Director answering to them so in the end tough sh*t.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 12:18 PM by Curtisc83.)
04-11-2017 12:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(04-11-2017 12:05 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  

Actually we are in a position of power and have quite bit of leverage. We need home and homes and can pay P5 or upper level G5's if we need to do a one and done home game. GSU or any lower level G5 school has zero leverage on us. I'm not saying that as an insult I'm saying we can say no to a one and done at home with GSU. GSU is the one that needs us given their position. Doing away games is the easy part of scheduling.

That's aside I'm being told we have our 2018 and 2019 schedules almost done. I'm sure we will have quite a bit of home and homes on it. And maybe some one and dones home games at LU. Don't confuse your hate of LU as some widely accepted thing. Most Athletic Directors don't care what Coastal thinks or what a poster on a forum thinks. Like I said before if you hate us then don't schedule us. But it's doubtful anyone one this forum has their schools Athletic Director answering to them so in the end tough sh*t.

I hope you mean Ga State because otherwise, we're doing just fine with scheduling home and homes with other G5's. It's the home and homes with P5's we're having problems with. No reason for GS to seek out a deal with Liberty when other G5 independents like NMSU and UMASS are more than willing to fill our empty spots. Add that to future matchups with FAU and Houston and we're doing just fine.
04-11-2017 12:24 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(04-11-2017 12:24 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  

That's aside I'm being told we have our 2018 and 2019 schedules almost done. I'm sure we will have quite a bit of home and homes on it. And maybe some one and dones home games at LU. Don't confuse your hate of LU as some widely accepted thing. Most Athletic Directors don't care what Coastal thinks or what a poster on a forum thinks. Like I said before if you hate us then don't schedule us. But it's doubtful anyone one this forum has their schools Athletic Director answering to them so in the end tough sh*t.

I hope you mean Ga State because otherwise, we're doing just fine with scheduling home and homes with other G5's. It's the home and homes with P5's we're having problems with. No reason for GS to seek out a deal with Liberty when other G5 independents like NMSU and UMASS are more than willing to fill our empty spots. Add that to future matchups with FAU and Houston and we're doing just fine.

Sure GA State, it doesn't matter to me who the school is. If any school outside of the high level P5's that are in a similar situation then what I said applies.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 12:31 PM by Curtisc83.)
04-11-2017 12:29 PM
_x_ Offline
All American

Tulsa has overbooked 2019 also. And they're supposed to go to Lafayette that year. Watch out Cajuns....

They're gonna have to back out with either Louisiana, Michigan State, or San Jose State probably. It won't be Michigan State I bet so 50/50 chance you're gonna need another 2019 home game.

As for us scrambling to find a 2018 home game now:
1. Is Liberty considered FCS or FBS in 2018?
2. I have a feeling there's a good chance we may be playing NMST in San Marcos on back-to-back seasons.
04-11-2017 12:50 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(04-11-2017 12:50 PM)_x_ Wrote:  Tulsa has overbooked 2019 also. And they're supposed to go to Lafayette that year. Watch out Cajuns....

They're gonna have to back out with either Louisiana, Michigan State, or San Jose State probably. It won't be Michigan State I bet so 50/50 chance you're gonna need another 2019 home game.

2. I have a feeling there's a good chance we may be playing NMST in San Marcos on back-to-back seasons.

We've got Tulsa at home in 2020. Wonder how long before they "overbook" that year as well. Probably some time after we win at Tulsa in 2018 is my guess.
04-11-2017 12:59 PM
Advertisement

CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal

That aside I'm being told we have our 2018 and 2019 schedules almost done. I'm sure we will have quite a bit of home and home games on it. And maybe some one and done home games at LU. Don't confuse your hate of LU as some widely accepted thing. Most Athletic Directors don't care what Coastal thinks or what a poster on a forum thinks. Like I said before if you hate us then don't schedule us. But it's doubtful anyone one this forum has their schools Athletic Director answering to them so in the end tough sh*t.

So what you did with this post is make a long winded effort to repackage what I already said and pretend it was different somehow.

You just admitted that your leverage is your checkbook. And like I stated in the post you are supposedly refuting, you have absolutely zero leverage except for your check book.

You'll pay dearly for the majority of the home FBS games you get.

And the problem I have with Coastal potentially playing liberty has absolutely nothing to do with hatred or politics or anything like that. I'm against it because it will further a perception problem we are fighting in the state of SC that we are still FCS. If we continue playing the same opponent that we played in our FCS days, it is counter productive to what we are trying to do perception wise. I would think most Liberty fans feel the same way, but I know you guys are super desperate for any game you can get.

Out of every single team in the Sun Belt, Coastal has the most to lose by even putting liberty on the schedule in my opinion. Much like we shouldn't be playing Furman or SC State any time in the near to intermediate future.

For the record, I'm actually genuinely concerned that our Athletic Department is open to scheduling you guys in a home and home. I'm even MORE concerned that they're may schedule a home and home with liberty and not demand a massive check. I hope they understand the perception damage that can and probably would cause us if they did so.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 01:07 PM by CoastalAlum2011.)
04-11-2017 01:00 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(04-11-2017 12:50 PM)_x_ Wrote:  Tulsa has overbooked 2019 also. And they're supposed to go to Lafayette that year. Watch out Cajuns....

LU is FCS Indy in 2017, FBS Transitional in 2018 and full FBS in 2019. So yes LU is considered FBS in 2018.
04-11-2017 01:01 PM
_x_ Offline
All American

Yep. We beat them in Tulsa a few years back.

I sure hope we are compensated in some way for this cancellation, even if they still plan to play us in San Marcos in the future.
04-11-2017 01:01 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(04-11-2017 01:00 PM)CoastalAlum2011 Wrote:  

So what you did with this post is make a long winded effort to repackage what I already said and pretend it was different somehow.

You just admitted that your leverage is your checkbook. And like I stated in the post you are supposedly refuting, you have absolutely zero leverage except for your check book.

You'll pay dearly for the majority of the home FBS games you get.

And the problem I have with Coastal potentially playing liberty has absolutely nothing to do with hatred or politics or anything like that. I'm against it because it will further a perception problem we are fighting in the state of SC that we are still FCS. If we continue playing the same opponent that we played in our FCS days, it is counter productive to what we are trying to do perception wise.

Out of every single team in the Sun Belt, Coastal has the most to lose by even putting liberty on the schedule in my opinion. Much like we shouldn't be playing Furman or SC State any time in the near to intermediate future.

Money talks in FBS the sooner you come to terms with that the better. Having a checkbook is a good thing at the highest level of Football. CUSA is on the verge of exploding because of you guessed it...the lack of money. That is just rumor but given the huge pay cut it would make sense. But not having that checkbook sure sucks for them. Some schools are cutting sports. Go to the MAC forum, one school cut 4 sports. And the fix for all their issues is money. Not hugging or the care bear stare....money.

I love all of the G5 teams and would love a home and home with anyone of them. But like I said before if you hate us then don't schedule us, if you have any say with your AD then make it happen. I won't lose any sleep over it I can promise you that. But I'm sure Coastal and LU will be playing in the near distance future. You know it and I know it.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 01:12 PM by Curtisc83.)
04-11-2017 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.