Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A Free Agent Culture: How Transfers are Killing Cinderella
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
A Free Agent Culture: How Transfers are Killing Cinderella
Great article here...

A Sports Illustrated study of transfer data reveals that since 2012, the amount of players who’ve transferred up to higher-rated leagues from the low- and mid-levels of college basketball has more than tripled. This has gutted rosters, led directly to coaches losing their jobs and twisted the culture to the point where star players leaving small schools has gone from an anomaly to an expectation. Consider that when Valparaiso star and NBA prospect Alec Peters opted against transferring to a big-time program with immediate eligibility this summer, his decision surprised most media members and he was praised for his loyalty to the Crusaders.

“Small colleges are becoming the minor leagues for the big schools,” says Sonny Vaccaro, a longtime sneaker company executive who has been involved with college basketball for decades. “The small schools are being penalized for their success recruiting and developing players.”

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/201...tournament
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2017 08:03 AM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
03-15-2017 07:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: A Free Agent Culture: How Transfers are Killing Cinderella
go find the tim floyd interview after last season. He hit the nail on the head. aau coaches are being paid to get kids to transfer.
03-15-2017 01:04 PM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
AAU is so crooked. Might as well call the coaches "agents" for high school kids and be real about it. I wonder how many are being slipped money not just from shoe corporations but schools as well.
03-15-2017 01:27 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Should be outlawed or more restricted.
03-15-2017 01:52 PM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(03-15-2017 01:27 PM)monarx Wrote:  AAU is so crooked. Might as well call the coaches "agents" for high school kids and be real about it. I wonder how many are being slipped money not just from shoe corporations but schools as well.

Do any of the schools hire AAU coaches as assistants ?
03-15-2017 01:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

This is why you won't see the NCAA do anything about it.
03-15-2017 01:59 PM
jaminniner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
I guess they want to emulate the NBA where all the good players pool together.
03-15-2017 02:51 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(03-15-2017 01:57 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(03-15-2017 01:27 PM)monarx Wrote:  AAU is so crooked. Might as well call the coaches "agents" for high school kids and be real about it. I wonder how many are being slipped money not just from shoe corporations but schools as well.

Do any of the schools hire AAU coaches as assistants ?

Not that often but it happens. One aau coach I know of is a head coach in d2 now. That coach had 6 d1 signees on an aau team. All 6 mysteriously transferred at the same time. 2 ended up at a d1 program. At least 4!of the six had visits at the same d1 program
03-15-2017 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.