Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Basketball transfers out
Bookmark and Share
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
Basketball transfers out
So it's time for players to start announcing their intentions to transfer. According to verbalcommits, Bowling Green has two transferring out - power forward Rasheed Worrell and point guard Malik Hluchoweckyj. Neither was a major contributor, although Worrell did get some time as a back-up.
03-14-2017 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dwight Offline
1st String

RE: Basketball transfers out
Marcus Keene will not be returning for his last year of eligibility. He plans to play professionally. I highly doubt that we'll ever see Keene in the NBA, but I think he's smart to give up his last year. He's as attractive right now to pro teams as he's ever going to get, and nothing very exciting is likely to happen at CMU next year, with or without Keene. He's been in school for four years, so he may be graduating this year. I imagine he'll get a good overseas offer.
03-15-2017 02:24 PM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
(03-15-2017 02:24 PM)Dwight Wrote:  Marcus Keene will not be returning for his last year of eligibility. He plans to play professionally. I highly doubt that we'll ever see Keene in the NBA, but I think he's smart to give up his last year. He's as attractive right now to pro teams as he's ever going to get, and nothing very exciting is likely to happen at CMU next year, with or without Keene. He's been in school for four years, so he may be graduating this year. I imagine he'll get a good overseas offer.

He still might be back. By declaring, he can get an idea of how interested the NBA is in him. Jimmy Hall and Antonio Campbell did this last year, and ended up coming back.
03-16-2017 08:06 AM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
Jerrelle DeBerry transferred out of Kent mid-season. He probably did this to retain a semester of eligibility. He's a great shooter, but couldn't play defense enough to get playing time. He could go to another Division I school, but won't be able to play until January 2018. He should be able to play the second half of 2017-2018 and all of 2018-2019
03-16-2017 08:09 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
We lost Marshawn Wilson and Laytwan Porter. Not sure what the plans are for either of them. Both were talented and played decent minutes but didn't start. I will say that we can't afford to keep losing players like that every year.
03-16-2017 08:30 AM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
Khari Harley will be transferring out Ohio as a graduate transfer.

In the summer of 2013 Kansas transfer Rio Adams left the Bobcats after being with the team for about 6 weeks. Head Coach Jim Christian then decided to give that scholarship to Khari Harley, a player he had never heard of until seeing a couple of videos on him a few weeks prior. It was the end of August, Harley had zero other D1 offers and had already finished high school so it wasn't like he was going anywhere. He was then immediately given a red shirt for his freshman year.

Harley played limited minutes as a back up for 2 seasons and only logged 10 minutes this year. In his defense he's been plagued by chronic back issues but for the life of me I could never figure out why JC gave a 4yr scholarship to a player he knew nothing about so hurriedly. Made no sense. Regardless, best of luck to Harley.

also: tentative but not confirmed- Wadley Mompremier took a red shirt this year as a senior and is eligible to transfer out as a graduate. Like Harley, Wadley has been plagued his whole career with health issues (krohn's disease) and never saw much playing time. Campbell has petitioned the NCAA for a 5th year (doubt he'll get it) but on the slim chance he does come back Wadley would probably be encouraged to move on to open the scholarship for Campbell.

and finally, file this under total conspiracy theory: some Bobcats fans are worried that because Jaaron Simmons will likely graduate this spring that he may take a graduate transfer to a bigger school next year. Simmons has done nothing to suggest he's even considering it but because its theoretically possible it has come up for discussion.
03-17-2017 01:17 AM
Advertisement

Eagle66 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
Just saw on Twitter that Rodney Culver will be transferring from Ohio as well.
03-19-2017 05:26 PM
Wadszip Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Akron
(03-17-2017 01:17 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  Khari Harley will be transferring out Ohio as a graduate transfer.

In the summer of 2013 Kansas transfer Rio Adams left the Bobcats after being with the team for about 6 weeks. Head Coach Jim Christian then decided to give that scholarship to Khari Harley, a player he had never heard of until seeing a couple of videos on him a few weeks prior. It was the end of August, Harley had zero other D1 offers and had already finished high school so it wasn't like he was going anywhere. He was then immediately given a red shirt for his freshman year.

Harley played limited minutes as a back up for 2 seasons and only logged 10 minutes this year. In his defense he's been plagued by chronic back issues but for the life of me I could never figure out why JC gave a 4yr scholarship to a player he knew nothing about so hurriedly. Made no sense. Regardless, best of luck to Harley.

also: tentative but not confirmed- Wadley Mompremier took a red shirt this year as a senior and is eligible to transfer out as a graduate. Like Harley, Wadley has been plagued his whole career with health issues (krohn's disease) and never saw much playing time. Campbell has petitioned the NCAA for a 5th year (doubt he'll get it) but on the slim chance he does come back Wadley would probably be encouraged to move on to open the scholarship for Campbell.

and finally, file this under total conspiracy theory: some Bobcats fans are worried that because Jaaron Simmons will likely graduate this spring that he may take a graduate transfer to a bigger school next year. Simmons has done nothing to suggest he's even considering it but because its theoretically possible it has come up for discussion.

Losing Simmons would be a huge blow. I can see why there would be a concern since he was a transfer in from Houston to begin with. I hope he stays at Ohio (IMO, are the favorite to win the title regardless of the slim Campbell hardship).

But you just never know what guys are thinking, especially if they get a chance at a sure NCAA tournament opportunity. All you have to do is look at is last year to Cleveland State when they lost their two best players to Louisville and Wichita State, respectively. Another Ohio kid, Shonn Miller, also left Cornell to go to UConn as well as a grad transfer that same year.

Those transfer had me concerned about Johnson (and Cheatham) doing the same over the summer, but both stuck it out ... but was that really the wisest decision for either? Obviously, not if they dreamed of playing in an NCAA tourney game.

But unlike Simmons, both Johnson and Cheatham went to Akron out of high school, so probably had more loyalty to UA than Simmons to OU.

For example, one of the CSU transfers (Trey Lewis/Louisville) was originally at Penn State, so his situation is more like Simmons'.

However, Anton Grady (the other CSU transfer) was a bit of a surprise since he was Cleveland State guy out of high school ... and both Lewis and Grady were from Cleveland, so they were playing in their hometowns on a team that had legit Cinderella chances. But I'm guessing the only reason Grady left was because Lewis did (Lewis announced his transfer a month before Grady, IIR).

Anyway, since Simmons is from Dayton, I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up a Flyer, especially since they lose Scoochie Smith ... though I'm personally rooting for him to stay at Ohio.
03-19-2017 11:51 PM
Eagle66 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
According to Verbal Committs, Nick Madray is leaving EMU for Wagner.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/nick-madray
03-22-2017 07:02 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(03-22-2017 07:02 AM)Eagle66 Wrote:  According to Verbal Committs, Nick Madray is leaving EMU for Wagner.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/nick-madray

No surprise to EMU fans.

We assume he was a graduate eligible transfer.

He played the '5' so that JT4 could play the '4' (to keep him out of foul trouble), but he was physically over-matched at '5'.

Madray under-performed at EMU after a nice career at SUNY-Binghamton. I believe Marday's natural position is '4'.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 08:14 AM by emu steve.)
03-22-2017 08:13 AM
kreed5120 Offline
1st String

Josh Williams leaving Akron. This is a pretty big loss as he was coming on strong to finish the season and would have been our 6th man.

https://twitter.com/NEO_Spotlight/status...2476898304

Edit:
Between Josh, Kwan, and Big Dog leaving, Akron has lost 45.3% of our point, 46.6% of our rebounds, and 37.5% of our assists. That's a lot of production that will need replaced.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2017 10:59 AM by kreed5120.)
03-24-2017 10:48 AM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
That's a shocker. I hated to see him get open looks because he was pure.
03-24-2017 12:56 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

Northern Illinois lost Nick Wagner and Dontel Highsmith, along with the previously announced Laytwan Porter and Marshawn Wilson.
03-24-2017 11:12 PM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I would guess Miami will lose some guys after the new coach is named. Right now I think everybody will wait and see who it is and how that effects their own individual situation. Stay tuned.
03-25-2017 12:00 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Michael Weathers leaving Miami. Killer for the Redhawks.
03-28-2017 03:50 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(03-25-2017 12:00 PM)DICK Wrote:  I would guess Miami will lose some guys after the new coach is named. Right now I think everybody will wait and see who it is and how that effects their own individual situation. Stay tuned.

Here is the Tweet:

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/...7397862400
03-28-2017 03:58 PM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
And if our new hire isn't able to somehow convince them to stay, this two-year rebuild just turned into a four-year rebuild.
03-28-2017 04:00 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
A link to a deleted tweet. I wonder what it said...
03-28-2017 05:18 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(03-28-2017 05:18 PM)axeme Wrote:  A link to a deleted tweet. I wonder what it said...

Here is his page. Sounds interested in Kansas. His dream school.

https://twitter.com/_MKJ24
03-28-2017 05:23 PM
Wadszip Offline
2nd String

(03-28-2017 04:00 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  And if our new hire isn't able to somehow convince them to stay, this two-year rebuild just turned into a four-year rebuild.

I don't want to sound like a "I told you so," but that is always the risk you run with firing a coach. Granted, Cooper had every reason to be fired, but I still felt like he should've gotten one more year just to see what he could do with the Weathers' as sophomores.

And to make this a not Miami thing, and albeit different circumstances, I fully expect to see similar departures from Akron ... We'll see you at the race for the bottom next year.
03-28-2017 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.