Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oklahoma bill would give men reproductive rights and the Leftist MSM goes nuts
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
Oklahoma bill would give men reproductive rights and the Leftist MSM goes nuts
http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/02/15/o...n-history/

Quote:Republican state representative Justin Humphrey said that he just wants to include the father in the abortion process, but what he is really doing is giving the man the right to control the woman’s body.
02-26-2017 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Oklahoma bill would give men reproductive rights and the Leftist MSM goes nuts
When you put a dollar in a vending machine is the coke yours or the machine's?
02-26-2017 11:41 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: Oklahoma bill would give men reproductive rights and the Leftist MSM goes nuts
I am pro choice, but at the same time I don't like that the choice is completely one sided. I'm not sure what the solution is though.
02-26-2017 11:51 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(02-26-2017 11:51 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I am pro choice, but at the same time I don't like that the choice is completely one sided. I'm not sure what the solution is though.

I do.
Im apprehensively on board with abortion for rape and incest due to the application of force and violence involved...but...Those that get knocked up because they did not use contraception before they decided to have sex? How about showing some fcking responsibility for YOUR actions? If you don't want the child? Give it up for adoption. Abortion as a means of birth control is immoral and an abomination. There is damn near NO excuse for unwanted pregnancies today. Stop screwing without protection. Show some damn personal responsibility.
02-26-2017 01:26 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(02-26-2017 01:26 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(02-26-2017 11:51 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I am pro choice, but at the same time I don't like that the choice is completely one sided. I'm not sure what the solution is though.

I do.
Im apprehensively on board with abortion for rape and incest due to the application of force and violence involved...but...Those that get knocked up because they did not use contraception before they decided to have sex? How about showing some fcking responsibility for YOUR actions? If you don't want the child? Give it up for adoption. Abortion as a means of birth control is immoral and an abomination. There is damn near NO excuse for unwanted pregnancies today. Stop screwing without protection. Show some damn personal responsibility.

This. I had a friend (notice the past tense), who got pregnant and ended up having an abortion because her husband and her didn't want to have a child for at least another year or so. Those were her words. Simply because it was inconvenient for them, they had an abortion. Because having a baby 12-18 months sooner than they wanted would have been too hard to deal with.
02-26-2017 01:57 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
How about making the man go through the pregnancy as well. Make them wear empabellies 24 hours a day. Give them drugs that make them throw up 3 days a week in early pregnancy.
02-26-2017 02:01 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(02-26-2017 02:01 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  How about making the man go through the pregnancy as well. Make them wear empabellies 24 hours a day. Give them drugs that make them throw up 3 days a week in early pregnancy.

How about being responsible for your actions? It that too much to ask of adults?
02-26-2017 03:34 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
What if the guy wants the abortion and the gal says no?
02-26-2017 03:39 PM
EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(02-26-2017 03:39 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  What if the guy wants the abortion and the gal says no?

Then he gets rewarded by having to pay child support....cuz it's "punishing women" with a baby if they can't get an abortion but it's okay to make a man pay child support.
02-26-2017 03:41 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-26-2017 01:26 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

I do.

This.

Rape, incest, or a life threatening condition of the mother.
02-26-2017 03:49 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(02-26-2017 11:41 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  When you put a dollar in a vending machine is the coke yours or the machine's?

Wow. That's an incredibly offensive analogy. I have a pretty thick skin but holy sh!t.
02-26-2017 04:01 PM
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

Same. There needs to be some sort of financial protection for the man, but the law is written to think about the needs of the child, not who is at fault. I don't know what solution provides for the wellbeing of the child while protecting the father.
02-26-2017 04:02 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(02-26-2017 11:33 AM)q5sys Wrote:  http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/02/15/o...n-history/

Quote:Republican state representative Justin Humphrey said that he just wants to include the father in the abortion process, but what he is really doing is giving the man the right to control the woman’s body.

There have been guys who raped women sued them to forced those women to have those babies when the women want to abort them. This opens the door for sickos to victimized their victims even more.
02-26-2017 04:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(02-26-2017 04:01 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(02-26-2017 11:41 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  When you put a dollar in a vending machine is the coke yours or the machine's?

Wow. That's an incredibly offensive analogy. I have a pretty thick skin but holy sh!t.

No you don't.
02-26-2017 04:17 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

Thin skin and no sense of humor...

Bless your heart!
02-26-2017 04:31 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
I like the idea of adoption. There are a number of very well-educated families that do not or cannot have children. They would in most cases do far better than an unwilling mother.
02-26-2017 04:37 PM
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(02-26-2017 04:31 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

Bless your heart!

How was that humorous at all? Disregarding the analogy, you weren't even trying to be humorous but some kind of smart?

Regardless, women are vending machines that pop out baby's when you stuff them with your currency. Har har.
02-26-2017 04:39 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

Adoption isn't a real answer on a societal level.

Going through a pregnancy is not a small matter.

I agree with the OK sentiment that a man should have some say if he is going to be expected to pay later on.

There should be shared responsibility since it takes two to create the situation in the first place.
02-26-2017 04:42 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-26-2017 04:39 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(02-26-2017 04:31 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

Bless your heart!

How was that humorous at all? Disregarding the analogy, you weren't even trying to be humorous but some kind of smart?

Regardless, women are vending machines that pop out baby's when you stuff them with your currency. Har har.

k
02-26-2017 04:43 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
The unintended consequence of this could be a lot of teenage boys being accused of rape.
02-26-2017 04:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.