Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wow. ecu better than temple now
Starfox207 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
Wow. ecu better than temple now
In basketball never would I ever thought this would happen. I am enjoying it while it lasts. Go :&;:&:$(( Pirates!!!! Arrrrrghh!!!
02-22-2017 08:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
RE: Wow. ecu better than temple now
Yeah, I wouldn't count on that next year.
02-22-2017 08:54 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Unfortunately for ECU, Temple is playing bad... ECU isn't playing up a level. Temple is trending into the territory where coaches should be fired.
02-22-2017 09:24 PM
Starfox207 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
While it lasts I know it's temporary but still nice not to be the worst right now
02-23-2017 06:20 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-23-2017 06:20 AM)Starfox207 Wrote:  While it lasts I know it's temporary but still nice not to be the worst right now

Temples RPI is 106.
ECU's RPI is 225
02-23-2017 06:58 AM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Lebo will be getting a lifetime contract extension.
02-23-2017 07:00 AM
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
(02-23-2017 07:00 AM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  Lebo will be getting a lifetime contract extension.

He's not actually coaching at the moment. Michael Perry is the interim HC. This could be a good thing.

He (on the left) looks pretty thrilled about the win...
[Image: C5QEuUPWIAEp0mg.jpg]
02-23-2017 08:41 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-23-2017 08:41 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 07:00 AM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  Lebo will be getting a lifetime contract extension.

He's not actually coaching at the moment. Michael Perry is the interim HC. This could be a good thing.

Lebo still put that team together and installed his philosophies. I.e. Its his program.

ECU seriously needs a guy who is going to go out and convince HSers that the Pirates can compete for titles with UConn, SMU, Cincy, etc.

As a Temple fan, I'm looking forward to seeing our Carolina recruits compete.

The Pirates gotta start winning some good recruiting wars. Lebo is just not that guy. Diamonds in the rough wont get you in the top half of the AAC.

ECU gets on TV now. I'm sure there are kids down there that want to represent.. Even if they don't know it yet.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017 08:50 AM by BigEastHomer.)
02-23-2017 08:48 AM
nobledictator1278 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU Baby
This is what I dont' get, with all the TV time ECU is getting in basketball you would think we could draw in some decent talent.
02-24-2017 08:24 AM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2017 08:48 AM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  

Lebo still put that team together and installed his philosophies. I.e. Its his program.

ECU seriously needs a guy who is going to go out and convince HSers that the Pirates can compete for titles with UConn, SMU, Cincy, etc.

The Pirates gotta start winning some good recruiting wars. Lebo is just not that guy. Diamonds in the rough wont get you in the top half of the AAC.

ECU gets on TV now. I'm sure there are kids down there that want to represent.. Even if they don't know it yet.

Except ECU's freshmen held offers from cincy, ucf, Xavier, UMass, Arizona State, URI, TCU, Tulsa (2x), and UH among others
02-25-2017 12:30 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-25-2017 12:30 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  

Except ECU's freshmen held offers from cincy, ucf, Xavier, UMass, Arizona State, URI, TCU, Tulsa (2x), and UH among others

ECU could sign Adebayo but if Lebo can't put together a decent schedule you'd just waste him. He can't even put together an NIT schedule.
02-25-2017 01:22 PM
Advertisement

DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(02-25-2017 01:22 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 12:30 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  

ECU could sign Adebayo but if Lebo can't put together a decent schedule you'd just waste him. He can't even put together an NIT schedule.

Stop backtracking on things you know nothing about go away. If you want Lebo gone pony up and buyout his contract
02-25-2017 05:31 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
It's true isn't it?

Under Lebo, ECU is stuck in the same recurring cycle of handing out participation trophies to their players each season.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

There is no real effort to play big boy basketball. The scheduling prohibits even bubble consideration. The absurd part is ECU can't even reach .500 on that schedule.

Lebo's recruiting isn't all that impressive when you look at the offers for the players on the other AAC teams.

Lebo has never even come close to Donnie Jones level recruiting (at UCF), who brought in Tacko Fall. The only big man Lebo has landed was a one year guy (who barely ever saw the court before ECU) who's eligibility runs out in a month.

He's not a good recruiter.

You can credit landing a little better talent to UConn, et al
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 05:57 PM by BigEastHomer.)
02-25-2017 05:53 PM
isidnirb Offline
1st String

(02-22-2017 09:24 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Unfortunately for ECU, Temple is playing bad... ECU isn't playing up a level. Temple is trending into the territory where coaches should be fired.

Maybe we should kick Temple basketball out of the conference BEH?
02-25-2017 06:11 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-25-2017 06:11 PM)isidnirb Wrote:  
(02-22-2017 09:24 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Unfortunately for ECU, Temple is playing bad... ECU isn't playing up a level. Temple is trending into the territory where coaches should be fired.

Maybe we should kick Temple basketball out of the conference BEH?

ECU has almost doubled the RPI of Temple this year (a down year by Temple's standards).

Even in a down year, Temple still beat West Virginia and Florida State, who I believe were Top 25. If ECU had done that, Lebo's statue would be started on tomorrow.

Hell, you're posing for pictures on planes after beating Tulane.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 06:31 PM by BigEastHomer.)
02-25-2017 06:20 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(02-25-2017 05:53 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  It's true isn't it?

Under Lebo, ECU is stuck in the same recurring cycle of handing out participation trophies to their players each season.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

There is no real effort to play big boy basketball. The scheduling prohibits even bubble consideration. The absurd part is ECU can't even reach .500 on that schedule.

Lebo's recruiting isn't all that impressive when you look at the offers for the players on the other AAC teams.

Lebo has never even come close to Donnie Jones level recruiting (at UCF), who brought in Tacko Fall. The only big man Lebo has landed was a one year guy (who barely ever saw the court before ECU) who's eligibility runs out in a month.

He's not a good recruiter.

You can credit landing a little better talent to UConn, et al

Everything in this post is wrong or irrelevant
02-25-2017 06:33 PM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-22-2017 08:52 PM)Starfox207 Wrote:  In basketball never would I ever thought this would happen. I am enjoying it while it lasts. Go :&;:&:$(( Pirates!!!! Arrrrrghh!!!

ECU lost again today.

The title of this thread is a canard... but that being said, there are far more Temple fans upset about Temple's season, and Dunphy, than there are ECU fans upset about ECU's season, and Lebo.

It is absolutely an unacceptable year by Temple standards, but it was still a season Pirates fans would die for, if they could have it.

I look at these numbers and can't fathom how Lebo gets away with putting together the 184th worst schedule in the country. That wouldn't fly at Temple. Not only that but LOSING to that schedule (.448).

ECU's RPI is 227
ECU's SOS rank is 184

ECU's record is 13-16 (.448)
ECU'S record in the AAC is 5-11 (.313)
Signature victories: None
Bad losses: USF (RPI 302)

Temple's RPI is 121
Temple's SOS rank is 65
Temple's record is 15-15 (.500)
Temple's record in the AAC is 6-11 (.353)
Signature victories: #25 Florida State, #17 West Virginia
Bad Losses: ECU (RPI 227)

Stats by: http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_aac_Men.html
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 09:27 PM by BigEastHomer.)
02-26-2017 09:23 PM
Tech Savy Offline
Banned

I Root For: JOSH PASTNER
Temple fans must be sick watching the son of one of their alums, Jalen Brunson, star for their cross city rival...07-coffee3
02-26-2017 10:57 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-26-2017 10:57 PM)Tech Savy Wrote:  Temple fans must be sick watching the son of one of their alums, Jalen Brunson, star for their cross city rival...07-coffee3

There's a lot that makes us sick. That's not exactly #1.. 07-coffee3
02-27-2017 09:54 AM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
(02-25-2017 06:20 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Hell, you're posing for pictures on planes after beating Tulane.

Who the hell is "you"? None of us posed for that stupid picture. Most ECU fans that I know acknowledge that the program is an absolute embarrassment.
02-27-2017 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.