Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Baseball and softball
Bookmark and Share
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Baseball and softball
The teams are ready to start their annual away games schedule on the 17th. This has got the be the most brutal way to start a season in college sports. Playing nearly 20 road games in a row.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017 01:15 PM by emussuperfan.)
02-15-2017 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Baseball and softball
(02-15-2017 10:48 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  The teams ate ready to start their annual away games schedule on the 17th. This has got the be the most brutal way to start a season in college sports. Playing nearly 20 road games in a row.

No doubt.

The advantages for sun belt teams is so great that it's almost a travesty.

I don't even look at these OOC records.
02-15-2017 10:56 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Baseball won their first game (yesterday) vs Missouri and are getting killed today (first of a DH).
02-18-2017 03:49 PM
Advertisement

TheCrumbIsHere Online
2nd String

I Root For: E. Michigan
I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the EMU-Louisville baseball game yesterday here at the University of Louisville. Eastern ultimately fell to the now 10-0 #8 Cardinals 3-2 in 13 innings. Eastern had a 2-0 lead in the 7th inning and had a runner on 3rd with no outs. EMU bunts and ultimately would have scored a 3rd run but they call runners interference negating the run and EMU would strand the man on 3rd. Our manager was livid and honestly it probably cost us an upset. Louisville scored in the bottom of the inning to make it 2-1 which lasted until the 9th inning. Louisville would tie it up relatively easily to make it 2-2 but EMU would strand Louisville on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

In the top of the 13th Eastern again had it 2nd and 3rd with 1 out but U of L was able to pitch out of it. In the bottom of the inning, Louisville gets a double, a sac bunt and a sac fly to win it.

They were tantalizing close to a big upset. Before the game Saturday, Louisville had only trailed in one half inning and had averaged about 10-11 runs a game. It was a great outing for the team despite the dissapontment. Brad Allen and Sam Delaplane looked great on the mound.

So despite being 2-10 they battled really hard yesterday!
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 09:43 AM by TheCrumbIsHere.)
03-05-2017 09:42 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

That game was on ACCN, available on ESPN3. I watched I believe the 9th - 11th innings (when the EMU reliever pitched out of multiple possible game losing situations.

I believe today's game will also be on ESPN3.
03-05-2017 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.