Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

With realignment being very quiet, looks like AAC is very content
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
With realignment being very quiet, looks like AAC is very content
It looks like the AAC member schools are elated with the current situation we see in the CFB world and conferences. I think stability will be a good thing moving forward, and I see great things in store for the AAC in the future. I think their future is very bright, and so long as that conference does not allow avarice to set in everyone will be happy. The whole system is working well for everyone. Hopefully the AAC fans don't muck it up for the rest of us by trying to force their schools to do irrational things.
02-10-2017 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: With realignment being very quiet, looks like AAC is very content
Took the words out of my mouth.
02-10-2017 05:00 PM
miko33 Offline

It's good to see that. The AAC commish needs to tone it down on the P6 rhetoric though. His greed will ruin the positive environment.
02-10-2017 06:14 PM
Tigersmoke3 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
The AAC has some momentum going forward and with the recruiting classes some of our teams have been getting the past few seasons,that coupled with stability and our unexpectedly good tv ratings should lead to some good things for the conference in the next contract
02-10-2017 06:16 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
[Image: tumblr_o9rxrcSHnk1s945j7o1_400.gif]
02-10-2017 06:57 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
So the Wichita St w/o football reports/rumors of going to the AAC are totally discounted?
02-10-2017 07:13 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
*snicker*

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
02-10-2017 07:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
Miko has achieved a transcendental level of trolling, where he doesn't even have to actually troll, just to exist. 04-coffee
02-10-2017 07:45 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
The AAC should be proactive and try and lure Colorado state and New Mexico.
02-10-2017 07:59 PM
p23570
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
AAC is going to be in a great spot if they can hold it together. The reality is every member of the AAC except Tulsa want's out. I think a GOR would do them wonders but I dont' know if they would actually sign one.

It's really a nice conference from just about every angle with all the schools having a similar resources.

BYU would be the best add the AAC could ever get. Gotta think Rice would make the most sense in the central and Eastern time zones. Beyond that a pod of New Mexico, Colorado ST, Air Force, and Boise would be pretty cool.

Baylor might be looking that way if they keep it up.

I'd love to see them go to 16 or 20.
02-10-2017 08:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
colohank Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
(02-10-2017 04:54 PM)miko33 Wrote:  It looks like the AAC member schools are elated with the current situation we see in the CFB world and conferences. I think stability will be a good thing moving forward, and I see great things in store for the AAC in the future. I think their future is very bright, and so long as that conference does not allow avarice to set in everyone will be happy. The whole system is working well for everyone. Hopefully the AAC fans don't muck it up for the rest of us by trying to force their schools to do irrational things.

Show me the money. Teams in the AAC can't chug along on a pittance while the P5s of the world continue to rake it in. Whatever good vibes folks are feeling about this conference will quickly fade if we can't attract the resources to become more competitive on the national stage.
02-10-2017 09:00 PM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline

(02-10-2017 09:00 PM)colohank Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 04:54 PM)miko33 Wrote:  It looks like the AAC member schools are elated with the current situation we see in the CFB world and conferences. I think stability will be a good thing moving forward, and I see great things in store for the AAC in the future. I think their future is very bright, and so long as that conference does not allow avarice to set in everyone will be happy. The whole system is working well for everyone. Hopefully the AAC fans don't muck it up for the rest of us by trying to force their schools to do irrational things.

Show me the money. Teams in the AAC can't chug along on a pittance while the P5s of the world continue to rake it in. Whatever good vibes folks are feeling about this conference will quickly fade if we can't attract the resources to become more competitive on the national stage.

This right here is what I'm talking about. Instead of worrying about what everyone else has, the AAC needs to focus within and make the conference the best it can be. Jealousy and greed will ultimately be the undoing of the AAC IF the member schools allow it to happen. This is where the fans can become dangerous to the viability of the conference by trying to drive it down a path paved with the stones of greed and the mortar of jealousy.
02-10-2017 09:08 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
Never will happen. Cincy and Houston are investing heavily and consistently to build P5 programs. UConn has a growing internal war over it's athletic future direction. The majority of schools are pissed at the bill of goods sold them with he weak media package. 10 of 12 applied to the Big 12. And the Comissioner talks in an alternate universe speak of being the 6th power conference.

Yeah all kumbaya
02-10-2017 09:32 PM
SouthEastAlaska Offline
1st String

I Root For: UW
I know it will never happen but IMO an AAC and MWC merger would be awesome
02-10-2017 09:39 PM
Tigersmoke3 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
(02-10-2017 09:08 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

This right here is what I'm talking about. Instead of worrying about what everyone else has, the AAC needs to focus within and make the conference the best it can be. Jealousy and greed will ultimately be the undoing of the AAC IF the member schools allow it to happen. This is where the fans can become dangerous to the viability of the conference by trying to drive it down a path paved with the stones of greed and the mortar of jealousy.
Honestly miko, I'm not understanding what your point is. What did the previous poster state that wasn't true and or practical? Work internally, we'll what do you think we've been doing. Heck what else can we do but keep improving so that the next contract can start financially trending upward. Without a much better contract how in the world do think we can continue to be competitive?
02-10-2017 09:54 PM
p23570
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-10-2017 09:39 PM)SouthEastAlaska Wrote:  I know it will never happen but IMO an AAC and MWC merger would be awesome

IT would be. You really need all of them as opposed to AAC taking 4 MW teams. It makes more sense all together.

Or a MW vs AAC 8 team playoff. Both expand to 16 teams. Montana, Idaho, MSU and NMSU or Hawaii to the MW and say Rice, Southern Miss, NDSU and UND to the AAC. Pod champs get in playoff.
That would be a fun way to give the kids something to play for.

A more realistic option might be.

The MW and AAC could work together on a TV deal and do some bowl games that they own.
No reason those 2 couldn't work together to look at options for TV including new player like twitter, amazon, or existing channels like Fox. Even a few games on the Armed Forces Network would be fun since all 3 would be on that TV deal. That's a nice package of content and even ESPN might up the offer as those 2 conferences have by far the most valuable content outside the p-5. If they lost all that to FOX that would be a lot of content to replace including many g-5 vs p-5 matchups.
02-10-2017 09:59 PM
Advertisement

HHOOTter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: tulsa
A new TV contract is all about
potential viewership

IF AAC "looks" 2 expand
Best bet 4 best TV deal
Go Military
Air Force/Army
o/s of BYU (Mormons will never join AAC)
Military schools offer the most "new" viewer eyes
02-10-2017 10:11 PM
p23570
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-10-2017 10:11 PM)HHOOTter Wrote:  A new TV contract is all about
potential viewership

IF AAC "looks" 2 expand
Best bet 4 best TV deal
Go Military
Air Force/Army
o/s of BYU (Mormons will never join AAC)
Military schools offer the most "new" viewer eyes

That would be such a weird setup for Air Force IMO. And if they tried FB only they abandon all thier close rivals and are in a weird spot for other sports

I Agree on BYU but the AAC should try. Even allowing Olympic Sports and a few FB games would be a huge get. The WCC is a very odd setup for BYU And quite frankly the AAC would help the church expand the exposure for BYU in the most populated parts of the country.
02-10-2017 10:28 PM
p23570
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

The other FBS conferences manage to get by on even less than AAC money. Amazing that schools with AD budgets in the 20'a are in the same division as schools with AD budgets in the 180's.

The missing TV money is only a small part of the issue for the AAC. Lack of ticket sales, concession, apparel, etc.. are also sources of missing revenue. It's not just ESPN's fault.
02-10-2017 10:32 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(02-10-2017 09:08 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

Hahahaha...you are a poet Miko!
I'd argue that it becomes dangerous when the non-AAC fans of the P5 hijack the vehicle, thus driving the conference down through a path paved with gravel and the high weeds filled with hostile trolls full of petty hatred.. Greed of the Cartel will be the only undoing of this conference as The Rich Man who has everything kills his poor neighbor's only sheep. A sheep the family loved so much that he slept in the home, and ate at the family table. When that day happens, and college athletics is ruined and the Cartel wants to know who committed such an atrocity the Prophet will shout to the Cartel "You're the Man!" And the greed and shame will be the undoing of the evil cartel of college athletics as the rich man (Cartel 5) falls on his face sobbing at what he has done.

Cheers!
02-10-2017 10:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.