Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Media suffers amnesia regarding Obama’s record on immigration
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:SAN DIEGO – When the story of Barack Obama’s presidency is finally written, I hope biographers dedicate a few pages to the 44th president’s abysmal record on the issue that seems to have most baffled him: immigration.

Right off the bat, Obama put himself on impossible footing by trying to be simultaneously compassionate and tough. He wanted to please Latinos who identify with immigrants so much that they want to give the undocumented legal status, and also union members who are so afraid of competition that they would prefer to hand them a one-way ticket out of the country.

Ultimately, Obama took care of labor and settled for trying to fool Latinos into thinking he was in their corner. In reality, he was working against their interests by deporting a record number of people.

Keep Reading
01-29-2017 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Media suffers amnesia regarding Obama’s record on immigration
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/44...t-hysteria

For anyone who wants the actual facts or is concerned about the ban and isn't just out to stir the plot, here is a calm, factual based article on what is in the order and what has previously been the practice.
01-29-2017 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(01-29-2017 12:58 PM)bullet Wrote:  http://www.nationalreview.com/article/44...t-hysteria

For anyone who wants the actual facts or is concerned about the ban and isn't just out to stir the plot, here is a calm, factual based article on what is in the order and what has previously been the practice.

Explains a lot.
01-29-2017 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
I don't recall Obama ever detaining green card holders.

Sent from my SM-T357T using CSNbbs mobile app
01-29-2017 01:24 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(01-29-2017 01:24 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I don't recall Obama ever detaining green card holders.

Or denying them access to lawyers while being held on US soil.

Maybe David French could have spoken to that.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 01:28 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-29-2017 01:26 PM
Advertisement

wahoowa Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators
(01-29-2017 01:24 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I don't recall Obama ever detaining green card holders.

Do you recall Obama killing a US citizen in a foreign country with a drone strike? One of these things is not like the other....
01-29-2017 01:46 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(01-29-2017 01:46 PM)wahoowa Wrote:  

Do you recall Obama killing a US citizen in a foreign country with a drone strike? One of these things is not like the other....

I recall Obama letting US citizens die in Benghazi. 4 to be exact.
01-29-2017 02:13 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

And the author says that wasn't specifically in the order and that if that is what was intended, it needed to be changed.
01-29-2017 02:43 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

Media malpractice and more fake news:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017...ntry_.html

"The latent fingerprints of Democrat icons, especially ex-president Obama, are discoverable all over President Trump’s executive order of the 27th titled, “Protecting the nation from foreign terrorist entry into the United States.”
Do you remember the leftist media outcry that responded to President Obama’s ban on processing visas for Iraqi refugees in 2011?" ....

"How about the outcry when President Carter suspended the issuance of visas to Iranians in 1980:"....

"The mainstream media are staying in the fake news mode, eager to portray President Trump’s executive order as religious bigotry, calling it a “Muslim ban,” a contention that numerous Democrat pols like Elizabeth Warren make when such language is nowhere found in the text of the order.  
Seth Frantzen explains that only Syria is mentioned in the order and that it was the Obama administration that first listed the other countries as terror risks:
But, wait a sec. I read the order and Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen are not mentioned in it. 
Go back and read it again. Do a “ctrl-f” to find “Iraq”. Where is “Iraq” in the order. It’s not there. Only Syria is there. So where are the seven nations? Where is the “Muslim ban”? It turns out this was a form of fake news, or alternative facts. Trump didn’t select seven “Muslim-majority” countries. US President Barack Obama’s administration selected these seven Muslim-majority countries.... "
01-29-2017 06:57 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Looks like the libturds and main stream media stepped in it again.
01-29-2017 07:16 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
(01-29-2017 01:26 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Or denying them access to lawyers while being held on US soil.

Maybe David French could have spoken to that.

I guess if you keep spreading fake news... someone will eventually believe you... 07-coffee3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-29-2017 10:05 PM
2-Hood-Rich Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU

who cares if he did? we give out too many green cards as is.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 10:12 PM by 2-Hood-Rich.)
01-29-2017 10:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.