Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

“I’m begging FEMA for boots on the ground”
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Nearly two dozen people have been confirmed dead in the aftermath of massive storms that hit three Southern states over the weekend. And while President Donald Trump was signing an executive order freezing hiring for all federal employees during his first “day of action,” the governors of affected red states have been begging for assistance from the federal government.

As four severe storms moved south from Georgia and Mississippi into the Florida Panhandle, 50 unconfirmed tornadoes have been reported from Thursday to Sunday, according to the Weather Channel. Experts believe weeks of cleanup will be required, but so far, the Trump administration has all but ignored the crisis.

Katrina all over again?
01-27-2017 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: “I’m begging FEMA for boots on the ground”
Heck of a job Brownie.
01-27-2017 01:33 PM
2-Hood-Rich Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU
#fakefitnews

http://nypost.com/2017/01/22/trump-offer...m-victims/

Quote:Trump focused on the storms affecting Georgia, Florida and Alabama. He didn’t mention Mississippi.

“We’ll be helping out the state of Georgia and we’ll be speaking to [Florida] Gov. Scott right after this,” Trump said. “Alabama is a special place. Florida is a special place. But they got hit hard. They all got hit hard. But it looks like Georgia has lost at least 11 people as of this moment — a lot of people. So on behalf of all of us, Gov. Deal, condolences.”
01-27-2017 01:38 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(01-27-2017 01:32 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Nearly two dozen people have been confirmed dead in the aftermath of massive storms that hit three Southern states over the weekend. And while President Donald Trump was signing an executive order freezing hiring for all federal employees during his first “day of action,” the governors of affected red states have been begging for assistance from the federal government.

As four severe storms moved south from Georgia and Mississippi into the Florida Panhandle, 50 unconfirmed tornadoes have been reported from Thursday to Sunday, according to the Weather Channel. Experts believe weeks of cleanup will be required, but so far, the Trump administration has all but ignored the crisis.

Katrina all over again?
Clicking on a Salon link is the political message board equivalent of a rickroll
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017 01:44 PM by shere khan.)
01-27-2017 01:43 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(01-27-2017 01:38 PM)2-Hood-Rich Wrote:  #fakefitnews

Quote:Trump focused on the storms affecting Georgia, Florida and Alabama. He didn’t mention Mississippi.

“We’ll be helping out the state of Georgia and we’ll be speaking to [Florida] Gov. Scott right after this,” Trump said. “Alabama is a special place. Florida is a special place. But they got hit hard. They all got hit hard. But it looks like Georgia has lost at least 11 people as of this moment — a lot of people. So on behalf of all of us, Gov. Deal, condolences.”

So you post Trump sending condolences as proof that what I posted is fake news?

Holy ****.
01-27-2017 01:44 PM
2-Hood-Rich Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-27-2017 01:44 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Holy ****.

what part of "we'll be helping out" do you not understand? Should I have run it through the google translate?

"estaremos contribuyendo a cabo"
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017 01:46 PM by 2-Hood-Rich.)
01-27-2017 01:45 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(01-27-2017 01:33 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Heck of a job Brownie.

Brownie did a heck of a job, as well as the other republican governors whose states were hit by Katrina.

The only people who did a sh*tty job was that incompetent libturd dimwit Blanco, who prevented the Feds from going into Louisiana for 48 hours, and the criminal Nagen, who after screwing over the city of New Orleans with Katrina, bent them over again by pillaging them of money.
01-27-2017 01:46 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(01-27-2017 01:45 PM)2-Hood-Rich Wrote:  

Holy ****.

what part of "we'll be helping out" do you not understand? Should I have run it through the google translate?

"we'll be helping out". When? It's been almost a week. Should we wait until he is done signing executive orders?

Does he even have someone heading FEMA?
01-27-2017 01:47 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
(01-27-2017 01:43 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(01-27-2017 01:32 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Nearly two dozen people have been confirmed dead in the aftermath of massive storms that hit three Southern states over the weekend. And while President Donald Trump was signing an executive order freezing hiring for all federal employees during his first “day of action,” the governors of affected red states have been begging for assistance from the federal government.

Katrina all over again?
Clicking on a Salon link is the political message board equivalent of a rickroll

Right? I feel like I lose IQ points every time I click on the link and Salon or Mother Jones pops up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-27-2017 01:47 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
http://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-...z2fgIg0QI/

Quote:

The federal government approved another emergency request on Thursday for aid for residents in six counties struck by the wave of storms that left 15 people in Georgia dead.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency said the assistance could include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses and other programs to help victims recover. FEMA has yet to decide on extending the aid to another 10 counties.

http://www.11alive.com/news/how-georgia-.../393714403

Quote:Those affected by January severe storms and tornadoes in Georgia should apply for disaster assistance, the Federal Emergency Management Agency said on Thursday.

The six counties that have been approved for federal assistance are: Berrien, Cook, Crisp, Dougherty, Turner and Wilcox.

According to FEMA, Homeowners, renters and business owners in those counties can begin the disaster assistance process by registering online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 800-621-3362, which is video relay service accessible. Survivors who are deaf, hard of hearing or who have difficulty speaking may call TTY 800-462-7585. Helpline hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time, seven days a week until further notice.

Assistance may include grants for temporary housing, rental assistance and home repairs, and for other serious disaster-related needs, such as repairing or replacing personal property, and medical and dental expenses. Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration may also be available to cover losses not fully compensated by insurance.

Seems to me that FEMA is doing what it is supposed to do.
01-27-2017 01:48 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Fitbud, you and Tom, are trying too hard....

throw enough stuff at the wall and hope something will stick. Lets get this out of the way. Mistakes will be made by President Trump. He's not a baby kisser or a ass kisser. Other words not a politician. So on that front, if you look at it through those glasses a lot of mistakes will be made.

In the end I hope he takes care of the huge problems he was elected to try and fix. The little ones will workout, maybe after a mistake or two but they will workout. Being on the ground today or next week will not change the loss of life the storms caused.

Stop trying so hard
01-27-2017 01:51 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline

http://www.macon.com/news/local/article128841919.html

Quote:As Gov. Nathan Deal toured tornado ravaged counties in southwest Georgia, his phone rang.

It was President Donald Trump.

Deal said it was his second conversation with Trump about the deadly storms that killed 15 people in the state in the first two full days of the president’s administration.

“We’ve had other tragedies in the past,” said Deal, who is in his seventh year as governor. “This is the first time I’ve spoken to a president about these kind of circumstances.”

Trump told Deal federal disaster assistance has been approved to help Georgia recover from tornadoes, severe storms and straight-line winds on Jan. 2, the state’s first bout of severe weather this year.

“My team tells me we’ve approved your application in record time,” Trump told Deal on the phone.

Quote:Rep. Sanford Bishop, D-Ga., also toured the devastation with Deal and GEMA and FEMA officials.

Amazing how different the story is when you get new from a source that isn't a complete and total leftist propaganda rag like Salon.
01-27-2017 01:51 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

Yep. Fake news. More lies from the left.

As I posted on another thread, Obama ignored the floods and storms that severely hurt the Albany, Georgia area. Massive flooding and wind damage with fallen trees causing major damage. Had one friend who had 3 fall on her property with one crushing her roof.

FEMA was on the ground just a couple of days after the tornados the next week, once Trump was president. With the arrival of FEMA, there was a facebook post about it with hundreds of "likes" within hours.

My wife was very emotional and glued to the weather news that day as tornados swirled around the homes of friends and family (that area is where she is from). She saw a picture of her aunt and uncles's former house destroyed. She kept calling friends to make sure everyone was ok as tornados were confirmed very close to many friend's houses.

So Fit-it is fake news.

We'll see how efficient the help is, but they are very grateful that Trump paid attention to them and sent help after Obama and the media had ignored them.
01-27-2017 01:53 PM
Kaplony Offline

(01-27-2017 01:47 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  "we'll be helping out". When? It's been almost a week. Should we wait until he is done signing executive orders?

FEMA issued disaster declarations for the October 2015 South Carolina floods on October 17th. The flooding occurred on October 4th. Seems to me that FEMA is working faster under Trump than it did under Obama.
01-27-2017 01:57 PM
2-Hood-Rich Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-27-2017 01:47 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Holy ****.

"we'll be helping out". When? It's been almost a week. Should we wait until he is done signing executive orders?

IDK, maybe liberals should stop blocking every nomination.
http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/so...TvsIKRASO/

Quote:“We’ve been begging for help from FEMA (since Jan. 2) – the reason the federal government exists,” County Chairman Christopher S. Cohilas said. “This community was crippled. Our families have been hurting, needing help for some time.”

Cohilas called on President Donald Trump to help cut the “bureaucratic red tape” and help get some “damn boots on the ground.”
---
In an email to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a FEMA spokesman said the agency is working on the Jan. 9 assistance request from the Albany area to deal with the first round of storms that hit the town early this month. The agency also did initial damage assessments across Dougherty County Monday, including aerial observation, the spokesman wrote.

So.... Obammy did nothing for 18 days. The County Chairmen started "begging" Trump on January 23 so Trump had been in office all of 3 days max. And Kaplony just debunked your BS further.

SMARTER THAN THE AVERAGE LIB
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017 01:58 PM by 2-Hood-Rich.)
01-27-2017 01:57 PM
Kaplony Offline

Graphical representation of Fit and Tom on this thread after the Salon article was exposed as fake news:

[Image: lBWUQNr.jpg]
01-27-2017 02:00 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-27-2017 01:47 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Holy ****.

Step away from the ledge. Even for you this is a ridiculous stretch.
01-27-2017 02:01 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(01-27-2017 01:46 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(01-27-2017 01:33 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Heck of a job Brownie.

Brownie did a heck of a job, as well as the other republican governors whose states were hit by Katrina.

The only people who did a sh*tty job was that incompetent libturd dimwit Blanco, who prevented the Feds from going into Louisiana for 48 hours, and the criminal Nagen, who after screwing over the city of New Orleans with Katrina, bent them over again by pillaging them of money.

We still have Katrina refugees still living here in my area. Many never returned because they were mainly the poor.
01-27-2017 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2-Hood-Rich Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-27-2017 02:00 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Graphical representation of Fit and Tom on this thread after the Salon article was exposed as fake news:

[Image: lBWUQNr.jpg]

[Image: philippines-aquatics-diving-fail-02.gif]
01-27-2017 02:08 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Didn't Obama avoid helping out some Southern states last year for weeks after flooding and even hurricanes? I'm leaving work in a few minutes so can't Google it now!
01-27-2017 02:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.