WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Players committ to the University or the Coach?
goldsworth Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Players committ to the University or the Coach?
Shawn Windsor of the Detroit Free Press discusses players committing to a University or a coach. WMUs situation with loosing 10 commits is highlighted.

( if the article doesnt come up right away click on Section C sports)
http://freep.mi.newsmemory.com/publink.p...=3d719494d
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 08:26 AM by goldsworth.)
01-15-2017 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

RE: Players committ to the University or the Coach?
I imagine it's always some combination of the two. For non-bluebloods like us, the coach/staff probably takes a higher precedent.
01-15-2017 09:16 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Well, I think it's PJ (coach) + the college being a step up.
01-15-2017 09:21 PM
Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa
Yeah. Not sure anyone else has posted about it, but some recruits who left for Minne-so-so did it because they figured they would get much more exposure there, and it would affect their future in a big way.
01-15-2017 09:40 PM
MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(01-15-2017 09:40 PM)Whinny1 Wrote:  Yeah. Not sure anyone else has posted about it, but some recruits who left for Minne-so-so did it because they figured they would get much more exposure there, and it would affect their future in a big way.

:cheers:They'd be dreaming. Today isn't the 1960's. Nobody hides if they have talent. My quess would be that WMU gets just as much t.v. time as Minnesota.
01-15-2017 10:02 PM
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(01-15-2017 10:02 PM)MRBUTTONS Wrote:  
(01-15-2017 09:40 PM)Whinny1 Wrote:  Yeah. Not sure anyone else has posted about it, but some recruits who left for Minne-so-so did it because they figured they would get much more exposure there, and it would affect their future in a big way.

:cheers:They'd be dreaming. Today isn't the 1960's. Nobody hides if they have talent. My quess would be that WMU gets just as much t.v. time as Minnesota.

Lol.
01-15-2017 10:04 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Minnesota will get a lot better TV time than WMU. They will get more exposure. They'll be oggled by NFL scouts better, too.

They were recruited into PJ's Program -- and when that program switches from G5 to P5 -- a P5 that was a winning program the past year -- yep, they're going to want to do that.
01-15-2017 10:07 PM
Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

A cop out but I imagine it goes both ways but the recruiter is the point of contact and the coach will generally be the closer. So the recruit is bonded with the recruiter in a personal way, and then with the coach as the authority figure and keeper of the scholarship purse. Subsequent is the pitch and promises and positive reinforcement. Later the bonding to the team family and then the greater environment of the school, teachers, fellow students.

So the school comes in quite a way down the list and develops over time.

In the case of a recruit that hasn't even signed the LOI you've got to think the loyalty is absolutely based in the recruiter and coach. Hasn't been much exposure to the school at that point.

Different with a regular student looking for a certain program or just wants to go where their girl friends are going. The would be picking the school.
01-15-2017 10:13 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Depends on how serious a student they are, the less serious students focus on the Coach.
01-15-2017 11:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.