WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#BackToBackMACC
JPWMU Offline
1st String

I Root For: \/\/ |\/| |_|
#BackToBackMACC
Lester's major never next year. No excuse to not dominate the MAC next season. I'm excited to see him take this program and continue the trajectory.

GO BRONCOS!! 02-13-banana
01-15-2017 03:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: #BackToBackMACC
We should certainly be one of the teams in the mix for the MAC West division. Whether we win it or not depends largely-not entirely-on our ability to find replacements for Davis and Terrell.
01-15-2017 04:31 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
We should be in the mix but I wouldn't hold Lester to the standard of MACC or bust. @Toledo in particular is gonna be a tough one.

I realize we have owned the MAC in recruiting for a few years and that will keep us in the mix. But Toledo has nipped at our heels on the recruiting trail and will have a very good senior QB which is huge in this league. I'm not so sure they aren't the favorite on paper (although I admittedly don't know a ton about their D).
01-15-2017 06:52 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Top 2 in MAC West or bust?
01-15-2017 07:24 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-15-2017 07:24 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Top 2 in MAC West or bust?

We're already starting to reduce our expectations. Very disappointing.
01-15-2017 11:38 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
I would say 2L-max-in-MAC-or-bust. :)

If our QB is Good and has a capable receiving corps -- 1L-max-in-MAC-or-bust.
01-16-2017 12:41 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Too soon to tell.

Let's see how Spring Practice goes.
01-16-2017 06:53 AM
PezKingGL1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wmu
(01-15-2017 11:38 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  

Started to happen within an hour of the hiring.
01-16-2017 07:24 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-16-2017 07:24 AM)PezKingGL1 Wrote:  

We lose the fearless leader, the 4yr senior QB, the 4yr leading WR in NCAA and both other starting wide-outs. We never really got to season a back up QB all year because Fleck stuck with Terrell in most situations and when Flacco was put into play he NEVER threw the ball. We also lose an NFL caliber OL-man... I think its more than reasonable at this point to be cautiously optimistic but blindly believing we belong back in the MACC next year... not so fast.

EMU will be improved. NIU will be improved. Toledo is a wildcard but the glass bowl has never been kind to us... and I am sure our new coach will likely be having panic attacks going back into that place... Its going to be a tougher road this year...
01-16-2017 09:04 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-16-2017 09:04 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  

We lose the fearless leader, the 4yr senior QB, the 4yr leading WR in NCAA and both other starting wide-outs. We never really got to season a back up QB all year because Fleck stuck with Terrell in most situations and when Flacco was put into play he NEVER threw the ball. We also lose an NFL caliber OL-man... I think its more than reasonable at this point to be cautiously optimistic but blindly believing we belong back in the MACC next year... not so fast.

EMU will be improved. NIU will be improved. Toledo is a wildcard but the glass bowl has never been kind to us... and I am sure our new coach will likely be having panic attacks going back into that place... Its going to be a tougher road this year...

Solid programs don't rebuild, they reload. We have talent in this program. Are we at the level yet where we are reloading? We shall see.
01-16-2017 10:04 AM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

If we get there WMU will most likely have to contend with Miami of Ohio a program that should be formidable next year. They have recruited well and will continue along that path.
01-16-2017 10:06 AM
Advertisement

flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-16-2017 10:06 AM)goldsworth Wrote:  

If we get there WMU will most likely have to contend with Miami of Ohio a program that should be formidable next year. They have recruited well and will continue along that path.

I would put money on Chuck Martin being the next coach poached from the MAC, followed by Creighton. Damn this conference.
01-16-2017 10:16 AM
The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(01-15-2017 03:44 PM)JPWMU Wrote:  Lester's major never next year. No excuse to not dominate the MAC next season.

Change "dominate" to "win," and I'm with you.

Most importantly, though, so is Lester.
01-16-2017 11:36 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:No excuse to not dominate the MAC next season.

I definitely think there are reasons ("excuses") as to why we wouldn't Dominate the MAC next season. We're not a P5 in a G5 conference. And the MAC overall is going to get better this coming year, and we lost our HC, whole Offensive Coaching Crew, very possibly our DC -- and the spirit of PJ sucked out of the air to motivate them... while also our star QB and best WR we ever had, and another key WR.

Playing @Toledo and @NIU -- with the MAC East improving... I don't see how it's "ours to lose" as if we're playing in a game with a 21-pt lead already. :)
01-16-2017 02:41 PM
lancergolf1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-16-2017 02:41 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  

I definitely think there are reasons ("excuses") as to why we wouldn't Dominate the MAC next season. We're not a P5 in a G5 conference. And the MAC overall is going to get better this coming year, and we lost our HC, whole Offensive Coaching Crew, very possibly our DC -- and the spirit of PJ sucked out of the air to motivate them... while also our star QB and best WR we ever had, and another key WR.

Playing @Toledo and @NIU -- with the MAC East improving... I don't see how it's "ours to lose" as if we're playing in a game with a 21-pt lead already. :)

Todd. Shut the fuc.k up.

You and your ***** ass expections. You are a soft dick with these weak ass expectations. Man the fuc.k up. Get hard on winning 10 games. Don't get hard on winning 7. Jesus. How do you people do it?
01-16-2017 05:23 PM
WMUslappy1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-16-2017 05:23 PM)lancergolf1 Wrote:  

Todd. Shut the fuc.k up.

You and your ***** ass expections. You are a soft dick with these weak ass expectations. Man the fuc.k up. Get hard on winning 10 games. Don't get hard on winning 7. Jesus. How do you people do it?

Quite the wordsmith we have here. Your ignorance is showing. Move along boomerang
01-16-2017 05:39 PM
Advertisement

goldsworth Offline
1st String

(01-16-2017 05:39 PM)WMUslappy1 Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 05:23 PM)lancergolf1 Wrote:  

Todd. Shut the fuc.k up.

Quite the wordsmith we have here. Your ignorance is showing. Move along boomerang
Word Smith Nooo Hes no Geoffrey Chaucer
01-16-2017 05:42 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Lancer, watch the language and at least try to have a civil conversation.
01-16-2017 06:09 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I thought that the one trick pony was leaving?
01-16-2017 06:58 PM
lancergolf1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-16-2017 06:58 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  I thought that the one trick pony was leaving?

But my God. 7-8 wins "Yeah that would be a good year." Said no fan from any legitimate team ever. Michigan fan "yeah, give me 8 wins I'll be happy." Grow some expectations and get out from the decades of mediocrity. What I speak is for your own good.

10+ wins, MACC is absolute minimum next year.
01-16-2017 07:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.