WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WOOD TV8 3 days of Bryson White investigative reports
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
WOOD TV8 3 days of Bryson White investigative reports
On Bryson White's past and what WMU may have known. Really could've been summed up in a 5 minute report but it was a slow 3 days for local sports. Anyways, there are pieces of this story missing.
http://woodtv.com/2017/01/12/emails-text...ll-player/
01-13-2017 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

okgc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: WOOD TV8 3 days of Bryson White investigative reports
Battle Creek Enquirer looks at Bryson White issues.
Mason Ohio certainly does NOT appear to be a high school that would have told WMU staff the whole truth about their student.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story.../97054440/
01-27-2017 03:29 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story.../97054440/

It's funny in the cover photo, you have what looks to be a Marshall coach. How fitting. :)

The News 8 article showed nothing exchanged in the emails about the problems -- but as pointed out there Were other troubles, and there were implications that discipline & keeping him on track were in order -- as if those details were off the record. BUT that doesn't imply they were criminal based -- as said concerns can be about not following team rules, skipping classes, being disciplined, etc.

Now, getting into the criminal stuff...

Quote:Police then arrested White and one other person. The charges were later dropped.

One thing is about character. Another thing is about an actual crime. You err on the side of arresting someone when it comes to that stuff, and that should be put in perspective. But it's the *4* times thing that does the damage, even if they're all dropped. Because you are recruiting not just based on criminal activity, but how they roll too, if that comes into question. Mason knew of 2 criminal accusations, apparently. Now, I understand the ability to still recruit someone if no criminal charges, but you better be Damn Picky on their character. If that's not Great -- punt the ball on that recruit.

It seems stuff was off the record about stuff in general to WMU. Probably happens a lot with kids who have a bad rep, but this one -- was a ticking time bomb.
01-27-2017 04:19 PM
Advertisement

WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
(01-27-2017 04:19 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story.../97054440/

It's funny in the cover photo, you have what looks to be a Marshall coach. How fitting. :)

The News 8 article showed nothing exchanged in the emails about the problems -- but as pointed out there Were other troubles, and there were implications that discipline & keeping him on track were in order -- as if those details were off the record. BUT that doesn't imply they were criminal based -- as said concerns can be about not following team rules, skipping classes, being disciplined, etc.

Now, getting into the criminal stuff...

Quote:Police then arrested White and one other person. The charges were later dropped.

One thing is about character. Another thing is about an actual crime. You err on the side of arresting someone when it comes to that stuff, and that should be put in perspective. But it's the *4* times thing that does the damage, even if they're all dropped. Because you are recruiting not just based on criminal activity, but how they roll too, if that comes into question. Mason knew of 2 criminal accusations, apparently. Now, I understand the ability to still recruit someone if no criminal charges, but you better be Damn Picky on their character. If that's not Great -- punt the ball on that recruit.

It seems stuff was off the record about stuff in general to WMU. Probably happens a lot with kids who have a bad rep, but this one -- was a ticking time bomb.

When it all hit the fan in Kzoo Fleck and Beauregard denied having knowledge of any past indiscretions. Which they may claim given that White was never prosecuted and the police reports of allegations were sealed as he was a juvenile. I doubt Mason coach Castner would volunteer everything he knew about the kid. The request for a specific letter from Castner looks very suspicious though. How often does someone write a letter of recommendation that states "so and so is under no investigation for any law breaking incident". What is up with that coach at Mason? Is he hoping for a spot on the Baylor coaching staff? I'm thinking there was smoke and he was too big of a potential playmaker for fleck & co. to go looking for the fire.
01-28-2017 12:15 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:I'm thinking there was smoke and he was too big of a potential playmaker for fleck & co. to go looking for the fire.

Yeah. Even thru the emails that were there -- it made it plainly obvious there were other conversations had (off the record). WMU probably didn't know about any details -- but, being in trouble with female sex-related accusations, I would say there was a big chance. Regardless, it was Claimed Knowledge of shenanigans -- smoke -- passed over to WMU. WMU wasn't blind to some smoke.

With that said, is that a rarity? When it happens, mostly it turns out okay? I don't know the industry under the hood, so I don't know -- but I would assume a recruit with some smoke but no fire comes along periodically and no fire erupts... which is why they went with it?
01-28-2017 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.