Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sleeping giant San Diego St about to wake up.
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
Sleeping giant San Diego St about to wake up.
I know there's multiple threads about this but they are wondering if it's a good thing that the Chargers are leaving SD. Does a dehydrated runner need water? Does it matter? Of course. This is a gigantic win for San Diego St. There are so many pro-NFL posters on this board which I'll never understand as the NFL sucks the blood out of their college teams. But I digress...The question should be: How Big does SDSU rise now. Rocky Long is a Medicore coach...if he retired and they were able to snag a PJ Fleck they'd be a force. Coog fans: imagine if their were no NFL in Houston and how wonderful that would be? I'll be watching and hoping North Carolina loses the NFL and NBA (again) pro sports are a cancer to a college football team.

Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 11:33 AM by billybobby777.)
01-12-2017 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
RE: Sleeping giant San Diego St about to wake up.
(01-12-2017 11:32 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  I know there's multiple threads about this but they are wondering if it's a good thing that the Chargers are leaving SD. Does a dehydrated runner need water? Does it matter? Of course. This is a gigantic win for San Diego St. There are so many pro-NFL posters on this board which I'll never understand as the NFL sucks the blood out of their college teams. But I digress...The question should be: How Big does SDSU rise now. Rocky Long is a Medicore coach...if he retired and they were able to snag a PJ Fleck they'd be a force. Coog fans: imagine if their were no NFL in Houston and how wonderful that would be? I'll be watching and hoping North Carolina loses the NFL and NBA (again) pro sports are a cancer to a college football team.

Cheers!

Yeah, parity is the worst. Can't wait for the Alabama-Clemson national championship tiebreaker next year. Over ten years, I think Alabama will lead the series 6-4. Just my $.02.
01-12-2017 11:42 AM
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

I Root For: USF
So following this Logic does than mean UCLA and USC will see a large negative impact by the Chargers moving there?

If this domino means The Raiders move to Las Vegas, does this greatly impact UNLV football in a negative way?
01-12-2017 12:04 PM
SDSU-Alum2003 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: San Diego State
This is the future for San Diego State University...

[Image: 837]
01-12-2017 12:13 PM
SDSU-Alum2003 Offline
Special Teams

(01-12-2017 12:04 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  So following this Logic does than mean UCLA and USC will see a large negative impact by the Chargers moving there?

If this domino means The Raiders move to Las Vegas, does this greatly impact UNLV football in a negative way?

USC and UCLA are different.

1. They were there long before the NFL
2. They were the PRO teams in LA for 20 years in the absence of the NFL
3. They are P5 schools

As far as UNLV is concerned there is pro and con...

Pro - they will get a new stadium to play in (granted a too big NFL one)

Con - they will get a new stadium to play in; and will have to compete with the NFL for eyes and $$$
01-12-2017 12:17 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(01-12-2017 12:04 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  So following this Logic does than mean UCLA and USC will see a large negative impact by the Chargers moving there?

Yes to both of your questions.

Cheers!
01-12-2017 12:18 PM
Advertisement

SDSU-Alum2003 Offline
Special Teams

This is appropriate for the thread title...

01-12-2017 12:20 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(01-12-2017 12:13 PM)SDSU-Alum2003 Wrote:  This is the future for San Diego State University...

So you guys would create another campus, and that's where the new OCS would be? How far away from the main campus is it?
Cheers!
01-12-2017 12:20 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(01-12-2017 12:20 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 12:13 PM)SDSU-Alum2003 Wrote:  This is the future for San Diego State University...

So you guys would create another campus, and that's where the new OCS would be? How far away from the main campus is it?
Cheers!

Why create another stadium?
01-12-2017 12:27 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(01-12-2017 11:42 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 11:32 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  I know there's multiple threads about this but they are wondering if it's a good thing that the Chargers are leaving SD. Does a dehydrated runner need water? Does it matter? Of course. This is a gigantic win for San Diego St. There are so many pro-NFL posters on this board which I'll never understand as the NFL sucks the blood out of their college teams. But I digress...The question should be: How Big does SDSU rise now. Rocky Long is a Medicore coach...if he retired and they were able to snag a PJ Fleck they'd be a force. Coog fans: imagine if their were no NFL in Houston and how wonderful that would be? I'll be watching and hoping North Carolina loses the NFL and NBA (again) pro sports are a cancer to a college football team.

Cheers!

Yeah, parity is the worst. Can't wait for the Alabama-Clemson national championship tiebreaker next year. Over ten years, I think Alabama will lead the series 6-4. Just my $.02.

I wish the NFL was allowed in Alabama and South Carolina. Then some schools would fade away....haha...SEC is too smart for that, they'd never allow more NFL teams in their area. Let's see, Saints will be gone someday soon, as will the Jags and Titans...Falcons may hang on for awhile. I suppose there will never be NFL in Arkansas, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky. Do I dare call St Louis and Houston SEC country? Nah...
Cheers!
01-12-2017 12:29 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(01-12-2017 12:29 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Cheers!

I wish the NFL was allowed in Alabama and South Carolina. Then some schools would fade away....haha...SEC is too smart for that, they'd never allow more NFL teams in their area. Let's see, Saints will be gone someday soon, as will the Jags and Titans...Falcons may hang on for awhile. I suppose there will never be NFL in Arkansas, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky. Do I dare call St Louis and Houston SEC country? Nah...
Cheers!

Rams are gone.
01-12-2017 12:31 PM
Advertisement

wavefan12 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulane

Cheers!

Cheers!

Wait what?
01-12-2017 12:38 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(01-12-2017 12:31 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

Cheers!

Cheers!

Rams are gone.

My bad. Meant Kansas City

Cheers!
01-12-2017 12:39 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(01-12-2017 12:31 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 12:29 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  [quote='CoastalJuan' pid='13992099' dateline='1484239369']
[quote='billybobby777' pid='13992050' dateline='1484238732']
I know there's multiple threads about this but they are wondering if it's a good thing that the Chargers are leaving SD. Does a dehydrated runner need water? Does it matter? Of course. This is a gigantic win for San Diego St. There are so many pro-NFL posters on this board which I'll never understand as the NFL sucks the blood out of their college teams. But I digress...The question should be: How Big does SDSU rise now. Rocky Long is a Medicore coach...if he retired and they were able to snag a PJ Fleck they'd be a force. Coog fans: imagine if their were no NFL in Houston and how wonderful that would be? I'll be watching and hoping North Carolina loses the NFL and NBA (again) pro sports are a cancer to a college football team.

Cheers!

I wish the NFL was allowed in Alabama and South Carolina. Then some schools would fade away....haha...SEC is too smart for that, they'd never allow more NFL teams in their area. Let's see, Saints will be gone someday soon, as will the Jags and Titans...Falcons may hang on for awhile. I suppose there will never be NFL in Arkansas, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky. Do I dare call KC and Houston SEC country? Nah...
Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 12:41 PM by billybobby777.)
01-12-2017 12:40 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(01-12-2017 12:38 PM)wavefan12 Wrote:  

Cheers!

Cheers!

Wait what?

Just my prediction. Based on your reaction I'm guessing losing the Saints would be a very good thing or a very bad thing for you. It would be wonderful for your school Tulane.
Cheers!
01-12-2017 12:42 PM
SDSU-Alum2003 Offline
Special Teams

(01-12-2017 12:20 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Cheers!

Yes. This has been in the works for over a decade. It will take some time for everything to fall into place but it is going to happen on some scale at least (build-out will take about 10-15 years). Main campus is only a 5 min trolley ride away from the Q site. SDSU has a trolley station that was tunneled under the campus over 10 years ago and is right in the center of campus. SDSU WEST will add an additional 10,000-20,000 students to put our student population to about 50,000 students and would rank SDSU as one of the top 10 largest public universities in the nation.
01-12-2017 12:45 PM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

Actually, the Raiders moving to Vegas would be a huge get for UNLV Football...as it would mean UNLV would be soon moving to a brand new NFL stadium located on/near the strip & campus while finaly leaving their own well off-campus most bleacher stadium located in middle of nowhere.

[Image: ra08A_1745-1100x695.jpg]

But yes, SDSU should benefit with the Chargers moving up the road to LA...as many corporate sponsors and probably many SDSU Alumni suddenly have available entertainment $$ that they could use on SDSU Football.

Also, the Univ might gain control of the old multipurpose stadium and renovate it into a real (and smaller) 35,000-40,000 seat college football stadium...which would help SDSU sell season tix for the very first time since there are never games fans have to ever worrying about selling out playing in the huge Chargers stadium now.

Renovated stadium will help bring in more booster $$$ and increase season tix sales with much more limited capacity and improvements.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 12:51 PM by KnightLight.)
01-12-2017 12:45 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs

That will be awesome and greatly contribute to the economy in Mission Valley. I know there are malls and restaurants there but it just feels like an area that needs something new to keep it from starting to slowly decline
01-12-2017 01:05 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(01-12-2017 12:45 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Actually, the Raiders moving to Vegas would be a huge get for UNLV Football...as it would mean UNLV would be soon moving to a brand new NFL stadium located on/near the strip & campus while finaly leaving their own well off-campus most bleacher stadium located in middle of nowhere.

[Image: ra08A_1745-1100x695.jpg]

But yes, SDSU should benefit with the Chargers moving up the road to LA...as many corporate sponsors and probably many SDSU Alumni suddenly have available entertainment $$ that they could use on SDSU Football.

Also, the Univ might gain control of the old multipurpose stadium and renovate it into a real (and smaller) 35,000-40,000 seat college football stadium...which would help SDSU sell season tix for the very first time since there are never games fans have to ever worrying about selling out playing in the huge Chargers stadium now.

Renovated stadium will help bring in more booster $$$ and increase season tix sales with much more limited capacity and improvements.

If the premise of the thread is that SDSU attendance is about to take off due to being the only game in town---why would you want a 35-40K seat stadium? Those two options seem to be indications of two different futures. I would think a renovation to Qualcomm resulting in a slightly more cozy 50-60K venue would make more sense.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 01:26 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-12-2017 01:24 PM
StatueKnight Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
I hate the moniker "sleeping giant" I have been hearing that crap for 30 years. It just means that your potential will never be realized.
01-12-2017 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.