WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USC
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
USC
Coach TBD will be leading a MATURE team onto the field in LA in less than 8 months.

If our new S&C coach is as good as our old S&C coach, our Offensive Line and Stable of backs will be beastly. And our Defense will be as good as we've seen it.

Therefore...I'm thinking we don't want to break in a new passing attack. Read Option with Flacco with as many carries as possible going to the backs.

Let's roll those Trojans.
01-12-2017 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: USC
We will never have a better chance to beat a program like that. First game, right out of the gate in 2017. Be there or be square.
01-12-2017 10:25 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-12-2017 10:25 AM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  We will never have a better chance to beat a program like that. First game, right out of the gate in 2017. Be there or be square.

USC also just lost their #1 WR JuJu Smith-Schuster leaving early for the NFL draft... However the QB USC put in after a disastrous start to the year looks like the real deal... he tore apart PSU in the Rose Bowl.... scary.
01-12-2017 10:28 AM
WMUslappy1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-12-2017 10:23 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Coach TBD will be leading a MATURE team onto the field in LA in less than 8 months.

If our new S&C coach is as good as our old S&C coach, our Offensive Line and Stable of backs will be beastly. And our Defense will be as good as we've seen it.

Therefore...I'm thinking we don't want to break in a new passing attack. Read Option with Flacco with as many carries as possible going to the backs.

Let's roll those Trojans.

Stuff the Trojans!
01-12-2017 04:58 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Great opener for a team with new HC, at least half a new staff, and missing four-year QB-breaking in a new one and all-time leading FBS WR in receiving yards.

Fortunately we get a breather the next week playing at MSU.
01-12-2017 05:57 PM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Coach Lester is going to commit to the run and keep hitching our stallions to a hell of a plow-horse in Lakeview Spartan Donnie Ernsberger.

This is VERY encouraging. Our running game is going to be the strength of our team next year. The great thing about Franklin, Bogan, Bellamy...not only do we gobble up TOP, but they'll convert downs as well.

I am shocked at how many people think we're going to get rolled in this matchup. Sure, USC will be heavy favorites, but our seasoned D and special teams will keep us in this one, and Ernsberger will be the wild card. I wouldn't be surprised to see him CATCH 2 TD passes with Coach Lester in charge.

How freaking exciting will Spring Ball be? All the intrigue in the world surrounding new QB and WR's.

But then at USC, back to RTB...Run the Ball.
01-15-2017 09:21 AM
Bronc33 Offline
1st String

I hope lester can bring in a couple good WRs in this short time he has to recruit. Not really sure who we have to step up on the roster so far, PJ didnt' really play anyone other than the seniors.
01-15-2017 09:29 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(01-15-2017 09:21 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Coach Lester is going to commit to the run and keep hitching our stallions to a hell of a plow-horse in Lakeview Spartan Donnie Ernsberger.

This is VERY encouraging. Our running game is going to be the strength of our team next year. The great thing about Franklin, Bogan, Bellamy...not only do we gobble up TOP, but they'll convert downs as well.

I am shocked at how many people think we're going to get rolled in this matchup. Sure, USC will be heavy favorites, but our seasoned D and special teams will keep us in this one, and Ernsberger will be the wild card. I wouldn't be surprised to see him CATCH 2 TD passes with Coach Lester in charge.

How freaking exciting will Spring Ball be? All the intrigue in the world surrounding new QB and WR's.

But then at USC, back to RTB...Run the Ball.

All due respect, I hope we do not "commit" to the run. We need to keep defenses guessing. Unless you are Alabama, it is virtually impossible to run when defenses are expecting you to run. First downs are good downs to pass, as is third and short; just as third and long can be a great time to run the ball. Good coaches take what is given, and avoid being predictable.

We have been balanced the last several years, and our opponents could never plan just to stop the run or pass. We have good backs who gained lots of yards, but that was possible because we also had a phenomenal passing game. Also keep in mind we are losing one of the best and most unassuming players ever on our offensive line in Molton, as well as another starting lineman. Balance and unpredictability is imperative for our offensive success.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 09:44 AM by brovol.)
01-15-2017 09:42 AM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

We had a very very good shot at a DT transfer from USC, a graduate transfer, now...not so much.
01-15-2017 11:20 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

You people are nucking futs.

Even with the wonder boy as HC and his highly-ranked recruits - we couldn't beat MSU in Waldo or Wisky in Jerry World.

USC will be ranked in Top Ten Pre-Season next year.

Not only will we have new HC-coaching staff but new QB and minus all-time leading FBS receiver.

You seriously think running "Read-Option" with Flacco will fool the Trojans?

Maybe once, then after second time we'll get to see our back-up QB.

We'll make a lot of money, kids will have neat experience being in La La Land and playing in the Coliseum, hopefully we can be competitive and not get beat up to the point it impacts rest of season.
01-15-2017 03:56 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(01-15-2017 03:56 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  You people are nucking futs.

Even with the wonder boy as HC and his highly-ranked recruits - we couldn't beat MSU in Waldo or Wisky in Jerry World.

Not only will we have new HC-coaching staff but new QB and minus all-time leading FBS receiver.

We'll make a lot of money, kids will have neat experience being in La La Land and playing in the Coliseum, hopefully we can be competitive and not get beat up to the point it impacts rest of season.

Exactly...
01-15-2017 04:00 PM
rsswmu Offline
1st String

I Root For: wmu
(01-15-2017 04:00 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  
(01-15-2017 03:56 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  You people are nucking futs.

Exactly...

USC is going to roll us. They are legit. A win for us with a new qb would be a 7 point loss.
01-15-2017 04:25 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Even with the wonder boy as HC and his highly-ranked recruits - we couldn't beat MSU in Waldo or Wisky in Jerry World.

MSU was a Final Four team, but, their O was flawed enough where they weren't unbeatable (their D was impeccable). But combine that with not being able to beat BGSU at home, while also not able to go at least 1-1 against @NIU + @GA-Southern... we have definitely been mere (G5) mortals. :)

Quote:Not only will we have new HC-coaching staff but new QB and minus all-time leading FBS receiver.

And minus a key go-to WR when the all-time leading FBS receiver was being double-covered.

Quote:You seriously think running "Read-Option" with Flacco will fool the Trojans?

If we have Flacco as our starting QB -- unless he has some hidden passing talent that he purposely was not to show these past years -- we're in trouble against any tough Ds, let alone Playoff Worthy opponents like USC.

Hopefully we have Wassink set & ready under the help of Lester. I really don't know what to expect from our QBs, especially with a new WR game -- but I agree, we can't just run our way around USC without a passing game as if we're playing Akron or something.

At best, I see our D stepping up and us getting turnovers if USC is sloppy with it being the 1st game... and us losing by only 2 possessions after having a surprisingly close 1st half thanks to that and special teams luck. At worst? Blown out by 30+.

I wish we had our D1AA game as our first game, to help get our ducks in a row initially.
01-15-2017 04:26 PM
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Quote:I wish we had our D1AA game as our first game, to help get our ducks in a row initially.

You don't think the Trojan coaches are thinking the same thing, 'I wish we had someone other than that surprise team Western Michigan Univeristy as our first game. They gave Wisconsin all the could handle.'
01-15-2017 04:35 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2017 04:35 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  You don't think the Trojan coaches are thinking the same thing, 'I wish we had someone other than that surprise team Western Michigan Univeristy as our first game. They gave Wisconsin all the could handle.'

Yes - which just means they won't be overlooking us.
01-15-2017 04:42 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:You don't think the Trojan coaches are thinking the same thing, 'I wish we had someone other than that surprise team Western Michigan Univeristy as our first game. They gave Wisconsin all the could handle.'

Naw. I think if we still had PJ and Terrell or Davis -- I could see that to some degree. But with PJ-The-Juicer-Fleck gone, Terrell gone, and the record-breaking WR gone -- all under a new HC -- I think they see it for what it is, and see something that will be No threat, but also will make them have to Work to make & keep a big lead and just not overlook us lazily.

Plus, they don't play D1AA teams (only 3 OOC games). At most, 2 G5s. So I could see them wanting a purposely-easy G5 they may get once in a while First, if they were going to have a rebuilding/adjustment year or something, sure. This year is not that -- as it's WMU, Texas, and ND. So they would want us first. But also, I don't think we're not a big bad dangerous G5 coming into this year -- just one who could be challenging despite in a transitional year, and that it's not an easy gimmie, is all.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 04:50 PM by toddjnsn.)
01-15-2017 04:48 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-15-2017 04:48 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:You don't think the Trojan coaches are thinking the same thing, 'I wish we had someone other than that surprise team Western Michigan Univeristy as our first game. They gave Wisconsin all the could handle.'

Naw. I think if we still had PJ and Terrell or Davis -- I could see that to some degree. But with PJ-The-Juicer-Fleck gone, Terrell gone, and the record-breaking WR gone -- all under a new HC -- I think they see it for what it is, and see something that will be No threat, but also will make them have to Work to make & keep a big lead and just not overlook us lazily.

Plus, they don't play D1AA teams (only 3 OOC games). At most, 2 G5s. So I could see them wanting a purposely-easy G5 they may get once in a while First, if they were going to have a rebuilding/adjustment year or something, sure. This year is not that -- as it's WMU, Texas, and ND. So they would want us first. But also, I don't think we're not a big bad dangerous G5 coming into this year -- just one who could be challenging despite in a transitional year, and that it's not an easy gimmie, is all.

Hey, all the better for us if they think we shot our wad last season. That's worth a half of of football game at any rate. The other half-we need to come up with something unique. 05-stirthepot
01-15-2017 04:53 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

Adoree Jackson declared for the draft... another good thing for WMU... USC's bigs are leaving for the pro's. Of course USC will reload but JUJu and Adoree were huge this last year...
01-16-2017 07:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.