12-26-2016 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Controversy at Drexel
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/drexel-u-...p-his-job/

"Free Speech"

The author here makes a few good points, most notably what would have happened had "white" been interchanged with another race, and restrictions on student free speech at Drexel.
01-01-2017 09:34 AM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Controversy at Drexel
Embarrassing for Drexel, but they're hardly alone in this twisted logic.
01-03-2017 07:27 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/31/blo...-says.html

I see this POS is back in the news following a stupid tweet on Sunday.

Some people...
03-31-2017 11:17 AM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
I have to imagine he keeps it up Drexel will stop being so nice and rid themselves of such nonsense.
03-31-2017 02:54 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Controversy at Drexel
(03-31-2017 02:54 PM)dan10 Wrote:  I have to imagine he keeps it up Drexel will stop being so nice and rid themselves of such nonsense.

They need to. The problem is I'm quite positive he would sue based on freedom of speech.
04-01-2017 08:02 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
(04-01-2017 08:02 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(03-31-2017 02:54 PM)dan10 Wrote:  I have to imagine he keeps it up Drexel will stop being so nice and rid themselves of such nonsense.

They need to. The problem is I'm quite positive he would sue based on freedom of speech.
Sure but if it is bringing negative attention to the school and admissions get hurt due to it, they can create just cause. After all it is a private university, not public
04-03-2017 06:22 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(04-03-2017 06:22 AM)dan10 Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 08:02 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  

Sure but if it is bringing negative attention to the school and admissions get hurt due to it, they can create just cause. After all it is a private university, not public

That is one thing I love about the military. Our rights greatly vary from the norm so any action we commit in our professional OR private lives that is deemed to bring discredit to the service (literally so vague it could cover anything) is all the justification they need to give you the boot.

That's also the great thing about private entities. They should have that leeway as well. You act a fool, and it makes us look foolish... you go bye bye.
04-03-2017 07:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.