Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

G4 Return Games at Neutral Sites
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
G4 Return Games at Neutral Sites
Seems like the "only play G4ers at home" thread I started has struck a nerve so it got me thinking...

What if we did a 1 and 1 with G4 schools with one game at our home and then a return game in a neutral site in the G4 home state. It at least gives them somewhat of a home game and keeps the money in their state?

Examples:

we would host Arkansas State at Nippert and then agree to play the return game in Little Rock in the Memorial Stadium there.

We would host Western Michigan at Nippert and then return game would be in Detroit at the Lions home stadium.

Seems like a decent compromise to me.

thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 01:25 PM by Bearcats#1.)
12-21-2016 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

RE: G4 Return Games at Neutral Sites
Memphis would agree to play Georgia Southern in the Liberty Bowl and then return game in Falcons stadium...etc.
12-21-2016 01:27 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(12-21-2016 01:27 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Memphis would agree to play Georgia Southern in the Liberty Bowl and then return game in Falcons stadium...etc.

Nahh.. we will just except other H/H games with fellow G5 schools.
12-21-2016 01:29 PM
StAteRedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ark St, Fla St
(12-21-2016 01:25 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Seems like the "only play G4ers at home" thread I started has struck a nerve so it got me thinking...

What if we did a 1 and 1 with G4 schools with one game at our home and then a return game in a neutral site in the G4 home state. It at least gives them somewhat of a home game and keeps the money in their state?

Examples:

we would host Arkansas State at Nippert and then agree to play the return game in Little Rock in the Memorial Stadium there.

We would host Western Michigan at Nippert and then return game would be in Detroit at the Lions home stadium.

thoughts?

I think you are full of it and are in for a huge disappointment when the other G5 teams tell you to take a hike. You will find yourself having only your conference games to play.
12-21-2016 01:30 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Sounds good.

We need more exposure in the Metroplex, so I'm interested in playing UNT at TDECU and then at Jerryworld. We proved with the FSU and OU games that we travel BIG for neutral site games, so filling it up shouldn't be a problem. Granted, UNT isn't even close to being the same caliber of opponent, but I bet we could still bring 50k, and then with their 10k and some neutrals/casuals sprinkled in, the game would have a respectable ~70k-75k crowd.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 01:33 PM by Kronke.)
12-21-2016 01:31 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(12-21-2016 01:30 PM)StAteRedWolf Wrote:  
(12-21-2016 01:25 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Seems like the "only play G4ers at home" thread I started has struck a nerve so it got me thinking...

Examples:

thoughts?

I think you are full of it and are in for a huge disappointment when the other G5 teams tell you to take a hike. You will find yourself having only your conference games to play.

why? We would agree to play you in your home state...just not in your on campus stadiums. UC vs Ark St in Little Rock would be great. You would most likely (not guaranteed) have more fans than us, so it would still 'feel' like a home game for you guys. Same with WMU in Detroit, Ga Southern in Atlanta, and so forth...
12-21-2016 01:32 PM
Advertisement

asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State

Examples:

thoughts?

Arkansas State would tell you to take that offer and go frick yourself.

You can pay $1.6-2 million for a non-return game, or it's home and home.

That's your only two choices.
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
We will prolly just buy out our return games. How much could it cost? $60 and 12 pack of natty light?
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

Examples:

thoughts?

You know, if you guys really want to stop your troll problem, stopping the creation of ridiculously stupid threads like this would be the best way to do it.

You're inviting every other fan on these forums to show up and rip you to shreds.
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(12-21-2016 01:31 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Sounds good.

We need more exposure in the Metroplex, so I'm interested in playing UNT at TDECU and then at Jerryworld. We proved with the FSU and OU games that we travel BIG for neutral site games, so filling it up shouldn't be a problem. Granted, UNT isn't even close to being the same caliber of opponent, but I bet we could still bring 50k, and with their 10k some neutrals/casuals sprinkled in, the game would have a respectable ~70k-75k crowd.

good point

You could play Noth Texas in Dallas, or UL Monroe in the Superdome, etc.
12-21-2016 01:33 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(12-21-2016 01:32 PM)asuwon Wrote:  

Examples:

thoughts?

Arkansas State would tell you to take that offer and go frick yourself.

You can pay $1.6-2 million for a non-return game, or it's home and home.

That's your only two choices.

no need to be hostile friend...

I'm just trying to suggest an amicable option so that we don't have to shell out the money for a no return game, it gets you guys a return game, of sorts, and keeps us happy because we don't have to go to your on campus stadiums where there is little pay out and good chance of an embarrassing loss.

looks like win win win to me...
12-21-2016 01:35 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

(12-21-2016 01:33 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

We need more exposure in the Metroplex, so I'm interested in playing UNT at TDECU and then at Jerryworld. We proved with the FSU and OU games that we travel BIG for neutral site games, so filling it up shouldn't be a problem. Granted, UNT isn't even close to being the same caliber of opponent, but I bet we could still bring 50k, and with their 10k some neutrals/casuals sprinkled in, the game would have a respectable ~70k-75k crowd.

good point

Great idea. Same offer stands for Monroe, Lafayette, and La. Tech. We keep 80% of revenue, though. Gotta make it worth our while, and I'm sure the 20% would still be more than any of those schools would make from a home game. Win-win.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 01:37 PM by Kronke.)
12-21-2016 01:36 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(12-21-2016 01:36 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(12-21-2016 01:33 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

good point

Great idea. Same offer stands for Monroe, Lafayette, and La. Tech. We keep 80% of revenue, though. Gotta make it worth our while, and I'm sure 20% would still be more than any of those schools would make with it being a home game. Win-win.

I'm guessing crowds for these neutral site 'home' games would be 60-40 P6 at best but still keeps the money 'in state' for them and makes them feel like they have a home game....

they get to keep parking/concessions too....

win win
12-21-2016 01:38 PM
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

(12-21-2016 01:35 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I'm just trying to suggest an amicable option so that we don't have to shell out the money for a no return game, it gets you guys a return game, of sorts, and keeps us happy because we don't have to go to your on campus stadiums where there is little pay out and good chance of an embarrassing loss.

I gave you your only two realistic options.

$1.6-2 million for a non-return game, or home and home.
12-21-2016 01:40 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

Middle Tn game would be in Nashville
Georgia Southern/Georgia State in Atlanta Falcons stadium
WMU/EMU/CMU in Detroit
Ohio Mac teams in Cleveland stadium
Texas G4 teams in Dallas
MWC teams maybe in Colorado at the Bronco's stadium
12-21-2016 01:41 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(12-21-2016 01:40 PM)asuwon Wrote:  
(12-21-2016 01:35 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I'm just trying to suggest an amicable option so that we don't have to shell out the money for a no return game, it gets you guys a return game, of sorts, and keeps us happy because we don't have to go to your on campus stadiums where there is little pay out and good chance of an embarrassing loss.

Central Arkansas agrees
12-21-2016 01:44 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

There will also be an exhibit at these neutral site games for a once in a lifetime opportunity for G4 fans to see major bowl and national championship trophies.

[Image: 52c3cc05f3ecc.image.jpg?resize=668%2C760]

[Image: 1388644098001-USATSI-7647213.jpg]

[Image: AP_791508482067.jpg]

[Image: Chick+fil+Peach+Bowl+Florida+State+v+Hou...L8RyMx.jpg]

[Image: 1396931697002-2014-04-07-UConn-Kentucky58.jpg]

[Image: 11846381.jpeg]
12-21-2016 01:46 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
Do you day drink?
12-21-2016 01:46 PM
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

(12-21-2016 01:44 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Central Arkansas agrees

We already know your AD agreed, and accepted the home and home option.
12-21-2016 01:48 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(12-21-2016 01:48 PM)asuwon Wrote:  
(12-21-2016 01:44 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Central Arkansas agrees

We already know your AD agreed, and accepted the home and home option.
We will have more fans there than you will little bro.

If we don't buy you out. Keep training that coach. We will take him when we are ready
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 01:52 PM by shere khan.)
12-21-2016 01:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.