Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Only Play G4 Schools at Home
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Only Play G4 Schools at Home
I think the AAC should fall in line with most of our P6 brethren and only play G4 schools at home. We obviously need them on our OOC schedule, but only at our home stadiums. We should only offer them 1 and nones or 2 and nones. We could throw them a basketball game at their house to sweeten the deal a little if we have to but that should be about it.

If there is is going to be an exception to this, I think it needs cleared through the AAC office and Mike Aresco, who would have final power to grant a 1 and 1 etc.

Discuss
12-21-2016 06:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home
Oh my god you guys are so adorable.
12-21-2016 07:25 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
[Image: Bh6uEryCcAAa3Wr.jpg]
12-21-2016 07:32 AM
Jack Hoff Offline
Banned

I Root For: UCONN
(12-21-2016 06:42 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I think the AAC should fall in line with most of our P6 brethren and only play G4 schools at home. We obviously need them on our OOC schedule, but only at our home stadiums. We should only offer them 1 and nones or 2 and nones. We could throw them a basketball game at their house to sweeten the deal a little if we have to but that should be about it.

If there is is going to be an exception to this, I think it needs cleared through the AAC office and Mike Aresco, who would have final power to grant a 1 and 1 etc.

Discuss

Aresco needs to make a decree to AAC ADs to stop scheduling non P5s altogether other than Boise State and the Independents.
12-21-2016 07:36 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(12-21-2016 06:42 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I think the AAC should fall in line with most of our P6 brethren and only play G4 schools at home.

[Image: JNDA_f-maxage-0.gif]
12-21-2016 07:49 AM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
I agree. As an Army fan, it is embarrassing to travel to their tiny stadiums without zero fans.
12-21-2016 08:09 AM
Advertisement

M1T4 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Most definitly. G4's want to play us so they can come to our place
12-21-2016 08:14 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
At the cost of 1.2-1.5 million, im sure you guys can play host all you want. WKU just finished its contact with Wisconsin, they are paying only 1.3 million for a home football game.....but they stilled owned us a home - home in basketball as part of the agreement
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 08:17 AM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
12-21-2016 08:14 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
Those G4 little guys are happy today
12-21-2016 08:20 AM
MegaCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
That's not true for every Power Six school. Louisville played on the road at Marshall just this year and played at FIU in their first year of being in the ACC.
12-21-2016 08:23 AM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(12-21-2016 06:42 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I think the AAC should fall in line with most of our P6 brethren and only play G4 schools at home. We obviously need them on our OOC schedule, but only at our home stadiums. We should only offer them 1 and nones or 2 and nones. We could throw them a basketball game at their house to sweeten the deal a little if we have to but that should be about it.

Discuss

ACC AD : We would like to see if we can schedule a football game against ya'll.
MW, CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt AD: Home/Away.
ACC AD: No, one game at our place.
MW, CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt AD. No thanks, click. Who do they think they are Alabama.
12-21-2016 08:43 AM
Advertisement

fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State

Discuss

I know you are trying to be funny, but you do realize that most programs do not offer "pay day" games anymore? It is far to expensive. Thus, they offer Home and Homes.
12-21-2016 08:47 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
(12-21-2016 08:14 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  At the cost of 1.2-1.5 million, im sure you guys can play host all you want. WKU just finished its contact with Wisconsin, they are paying only 1.3 million for a home football game.....but they stilled owned us a home - home in basketball as part of the agreement

This. Sorry girls, you cannot afford it.
12-21-2016 08:48 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Maybe a compromise is doing a 2-1 with the G4's? This way they still get a P6 home game. We are givers in the AAC. We need to look out for the poor.
12-21-2016 09:28 AM
TU 1978 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa
Playing the G4s are easy wins. Especially the overrated teams of the MAC, where the margin of victory for us is 60 points easy.
12-21-2016 09:31 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(12-21-2016 09:28 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Maybe a compromise is doing a 2-1 with the G4's? This way they still get a P6 home game. We are givers in the AAC. We need to look out for the poor.

That's what I being trying to tell everyone, KNIGHTTIME 04-cheers

100% agree, someone has to look out for the little G4 schools.

Oh they are so adorable
12-21-2016 09:36 AM
Advertisement

StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
Let's see. P5s would pay upwards of a half a million more. So why would we do a one off with an AAC team. And some of us already have home and homes against other P5 teams like UNC and Vanderbilt. Plus, us "little guys" have 3 other conferences to fill out our schedule in home and homes as well.

So really. Y'all should do this. We'll be just fine.

[Image: jewzbxJ.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 09:40 AM by StanMolsonMan.)
12-21-2016 09:39 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
(12-21-2016 09:36 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  
(12-21-2016 09:28 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Maybe a compromise is doing a 2-1 with the G4's? This way they still get a P6 home game. We are givers in the AAC. We need to look out for the poor.

Oh they are so adorable

That must be the reason you guys are 1-7 against us in bowl games.
12-21-2016 09:59 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(12-21-2016 09:59 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(12-21-2016 09:36 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  

Oh they are so adorable

That must be the reason you guys are 1-7 against us in bowl games.

Doesn't matter little guy... Just be happy y'all even have games with AAC
12-21-2016 10:19 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU

Discuss

LOL. Okay, enjoy playing 7 road games a year. What G5 team is going to agree to that 'deal'? Youre welcome to pay a Belt team 1.8 million or so (the going rate at this point) for a payday game. But that would only increase if you add 12 more schools trying to compete for the limited number of payday slots from MAC, Belt, MWC and CUSA schools. My guess is that you'd end up paying north of 2 million. Remember, that most "G4" schools will only schedule 1 payday a year. And most of our schedules are full.

Hey, UC or USF or Tulane, want to play USA at home only? I'm sure USA would. Simply endorse a check for 1.8 million or more (and USA will now insist on a very high cancellation fee). But we don't have an opening until 2023. Other schools are probably similarly situated.

Anyone think that paying Arkansas State or App 2 million to play you at home only is a good use of your money? Or NIU? Or Colorado State?

You can't afford to pay us. If you could, you would.

By the way, lots of P5 teams still play at Belt/CUSA schools. Oklahoma State is coming to Mobile next year. Miami went to App and stAte. VT is going to ODU. NCState goes everywhere. Mississippi State plays at Belt schools. Texas Tech does too.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 10:37 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
12-21-2016 10:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.