Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SB Nation: App in the CFP
Bookmark and Share
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
SB Nation: App in the CFP
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...washington

My eyes have never rolled so hard. Does this gesture finally dethrone Ga Southern fans and crown App State as the most delusional fan base in the SBC?

Discuss...
12-20-2016 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: SB Nation: App in the CFP
That is so Hot Hot Hot!
12-20-2016 04:42 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
[Image: huh.gif]

(12-20-2016 04:40 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...washington

My eyes have never rolled so hard. Does this gesture finally dethrone Ga Southern fans and crown App State as the most delusional fan base in the SBC?

Discuss...
12-20-2016 05:09 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
This is a #RankTroy type push from the school to get a ranking in the final polling. The more voters see App's name thrown out there (even in this joking manner) the more likely it will be that they'll be remembered in the final ballots.

I think the team got their marketing in full #RankApp swing.
12-20-2016 05:53 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

I guess that's one way to spin it, but, man, we're starting to get alittle to full of ourselves, even when App was winning FCS championships, and beating Michigan, we stayed humbled, kept quite, and we let GS do all the talking, and when we won, we acted like we had been there before....I miss those days.
12-20-2016 06:03 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(12-20-2016 06:03 PM)moehler Wrote:  I guess that's one way to spin it, but, man, we're starting to get alittle to full of ourselves, even when App was winning FCS championships, and beating Michigan, we stayed humbled, kept quite, and we let GS do all the talking, and when we won, we acted like we had been there before....I miss those days.

[Image: raw]
12-20-2016 06:16 PM
Advertisement

trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(12-20-2016 06:16 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(12-20-2016 06:03 PM)moehler Wrote:  I guess that's one way to spin it, but, man, we're starting to get alittle to full of ourselves, even when App was winning FCS championships, and beating Michigan, we stayed humbled, kept quite, and we let GS do all the talking, and when we won, we acted like we had been there before....I miss those days.

[Image: raw]

I've got to side with you and Oprah on that post
12-20-2016 06:24 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

(12-20-2016 06:03 PM)moehler Wrote:  I guess that's one way to spin it,

Well, it's correct. Camellia bowl was on the first day of Bowls. Cause enough talk and people will have it more in their mind than if the team sat on their hands and did nothing.

Want to end the year ranked? Gotta do a little jockeying along with winning when you're in the G5
12-20-2016 06:24 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
Humbly, let me say Appalachian State has the greatest football team in the entire world of my reality. Go App!
12-20-2016 06:33 PM
StAteRedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ark St, Fla St

Oh boy......Appy is catching the same delusional fever that those poor sufferers have over on the AAC board. Didn't know it was contagious. Let's just call it "AAC fever".
12-20-2016 06:42 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

If you can't tell those AAC blokes are just trying to rile you up then I don't know what to tell you.

However, I'm 100% certain that AppFB's tweet was to do this exact thing. It's been trending on Reddit's /r/CFB as #1/#2 all day and now it's here.

For those that didn't realize App's decent year this is a heads up to them when it matters most, final ranking time.
12-20-2016 06:47 PM
Advertisement

ah59396 Offline
1st String

It's an obviously ludicrous proposition from our administration that no one should take seriously. But it's done it's job, getting us some attention. Finishing in the top 25 would be the cats pajamas. I don't think we will get there, but if we do it'll be great for our program and the Sunbelt alike.
12-20-2016 07:05 PM
StAteRedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ark St, Fla St
(12-20-2016 07:05 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  It's an obviously ludicrous proposition from our administration that no one should take seriously. But it's done it's job, getting us some attention. Finishing in the top 25 would be the cats pajamas. I don't think we will get there, but if we do it'll be great for our program and the Sunbelt alike.

Well if App makes it there good for them. At least you will be able to hang onto it longer than Troy did.........because you won't have to play ASU again until 2018. 03-wink
12-20-2016 07:10 PM
hendoapp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: app state
So awesome!
12-20-2016 07:10 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
I like it. It is kind of like watching The Man in the High Castle. You can change your destiny!
12-20-2016 07:17 PM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

(12-20-2016 07:10 PM)StAteRedWolf Wrote:  
(12-20-2016 07:05 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  It's an obviously ludicrous proposition from our administration that no one should take seriously. But it's done it's job, getting us some attention. Finishing in the top 25 would be the cats pajamas. I don't think we will get there, but if we do it'll be great for our program and the Sunbelt alike.

Well if App makes it there good for them. At least you will be able to hang onto it longer than Troy did.........because you won't have to play ASU again until 2018. 03-wink

Maybe we can both hold up our ends of the deal and meet as ranked teams. Troy broke the seal, it's time to elevate the entire conference to the next level.
12-20-2016 07:18 PM
Advertisement

HighCountry Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: APP STATE
I feel partially responsible...

I posted a link to the tweet to /r/CFB this morning and it took off like a rocket (not the northern Ohio variety)

It was the top thread for the better part of the day and is currently approaching 700 upvotes.
12-20-2016 07:31 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
The reason the tweet is even drawing interest is because of the graphic used. The writer didn't bother fact checking what was said, which is accurate; only making an assumption that App believes it should be in the CFP based on the graphic used. The three teams left in the graphic are mentioned in the provided fact making the picture a useful tool to convey what was said.

This is the reason certain folks are so upset over "fake news" yet never take full responsibility for not reading anything other than headlines; they can't get past the face value of what they are looking at.
12-20-2016 08:30 PM
AppAttack Offline
2nd String

I don't like it. Your play on the field should determine a ranking, not resorting to this kind of stuff. Got to finish games like Tennessee and Troy to be considered for something like that. 12-1 or maybe 11-2 and we're in.
12-20-2016 09:28 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
(12-20-2016 09:28 PM)AppAttack Wrote:  I don't like it. Your play on the field should determine a ranking, not resorting to this kind of stuff. Got to finish games like Tennessee and Troy to be considered for something like that. 12-1 or maybe 11-2 and we're in.

I agree with you, but I also don't take twitter seriously. 04-cheers
12-20-2016 09:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.