Big South Digital Network
http://bigsouthsports.com/watch/?Live=399
&
Big South Sports Roku Channel

Radio/Stream -
UNCW Broadcast
94.1 FM/1340 AM WLSG (Wilmington)
97.1 FM/1120 AM WSME (Jacksonville)
CAA.TV (https://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/p...Type=audio)

Campbell Broadcast
WUAW 88.3 FM (Fayetteville, NC)
http://www.gocamels.com/broadcast/o3zj30

Live Stats:
http://www.gocamels.com/sports/mbkb/2016...4_tklc.xml

Campbell is 5-4 overall with a D1 record of 3-4. They hold road wins at The Citadel and at VMI and have beaten Colgate at home. Their losses have come @OK St, @Morgan St, @USC Upstate, and a home loss to Samford. This is by far their biggest home game so far and will likely be their biggest home game this year.

Current RPI is 277.

This has the potential to be a trap game, but after playing in a raucous road environment at St Bony I have to think our guys will be ready for it.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 07:49 AM by solohawks.)
12-11-2016 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Proff Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Game 8 - @Campbell 7 PM Wednesday 12/14
It is always a trap game - especially when played at the creek. The guys just need to keep their heads on right and their shoulders to the ol' grindstone because Wednesday's game could be a rock fight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using CSNbbs mobile app
12-11-2016 09:46 AM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Game 8 - @Campbell 7 PM Wednesday 12/14
I will be at this game and bringing 4. Hoping to help offset some of the loud Camels fans that may be there.
12-11-2016 12:46 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

Everything isn't perfect with this team as they definitely could rebound and defend a bit better. That's my hope going forward because if they did that, they would REALLY be tough to deal with. You just can't go into games and think that you're going to outscore them because you have better players. Yes, they definitely have great offensive players, but they really need to tighten up if they want to be considered for post season NCAA play before the CAA tourney. We could have easily lost the game last night to a good team after winning the entire game but thankfully Ingram delivered. They have work to do.
12-11-2016 02:14 PM
Proff Offline
1st String

Not sure about what their attendance will be. I believe their exams are over on Tuesday so many students will probably be gone. Nonetheless we can't afford a letdown.

12-11-2016 02:15 PM
Hall of Famer

(12-11-2016 02:15 PM)Proff Wrote:  Not sure about what their attendance will be. I believe their exams are over on Tuesday so many students will probably be gone. Nonetheless we can't afford a letdown.

No matter who makes it to the game I'm anticipating noise from the Camel faithful. This is kind of their Super Bowl.
12-11-2016 04:57 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(12-11-2016 04:57 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 02:15 PM)Proff Wrote:  Not sure about what their attendance will be. I believe their exams are over on Tuesday so many students will probably be gone. Nonetheless we can't afford a letdown.

No matter who makes it to the game I'm anticipating noise from the Camel faithful. This is kind of their Super Bowl.

And as always... the better we are the more amped they get.
12-11-2016 04:58 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

Plenty of seats available, only 10$. I'm thinking about it, but im traveling tomorrow and Tuesday so Wednesday might be a bit nuts.
12-11-2016 10:35 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

These are the times I wish I lived in southern NC. I'll be in Wilmington from Dec 22-25th. I know it's the holidays, but if any of y'all wanna go have a get together at Buffalo Wild Wings or something like that I'm down.

Go Seahawks, pound the Camels!!!!
12-12-2016 08:17 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

Since we have home games Saturday and Tuesday I'm not going to be able to do third within week.
12-12-2016 08:31 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-12-2016 08:17 AM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  These are the times I wish I lived in southern NC. I'll be in Wilmington from Dec 22-25th. I know it's the holidays, but if any of y'all wanna go have a get together at Buffalo Wild Wings or something like that I'm down.

Go Seahawks, pound the Camels!!!!

I'll likely be down between Christmas and New Years.
12-12-2016 08:57 AM
Advertisement

jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: NA
Campbell has a really good point guard Chris Clemmons back from last year but they are not real good and without the students the crowd should be small. Contrary to what you have read here they don't consider this a Super Bowl type game.I think UNCW will roll right through this.
12-12-2016 09:00 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(12-12-2016 09:00 AM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  Campbell has a really good point guard Chris Clemmons back from last year but they are not real good and without the students the crowd should be small. Contrary to what you have read here they don't consider this a Super Bowl type game.I think UNCW will roll right through this.

I disagree. I don't know who you talk to, but Campbell fans have always considered UNCW their biggest game.

This year, we are currently in the Mid Major top 10, and getting votes for the national top 25. What other game do they have on the schedule this big? They don't even have any away games of that magnitude.
12-12-2016 09:22 AM
Hall of Famer

[Image: Campbell.gif]
Campbell Fighting Camels
2015-16 Record vs D-I: 9-18 (# 308 RPI)
2015-16 Big South Record: 5-13 (t-8th)
Returning Starters (3): Sr. G Kyre' Hamer; Jr. F Shane Witfield; So. G Chris Clemons
2016-17 Record vs. D-I: 3-4 (# 276 RPI)

It was just nearly 2 years ago that the Seahawks, in Year 1 of the Kevin Keatts tenure, entered Buies Creek riding a nice 4-game stretch. After beating St. Andrews 105-47 then playing a great game @ Louisville, where the Seahawks lost a close 9-point game to Keatts' mentor Rick Pitino, the Hawks had defeated Liberty and ECU in succession prior to the December 23 encounter against Campbell at Gore Arena.

Unfortunately, Campbell did much to hurt the Seahawks' resume in this contest, scoring a 69-63 upset over the eventual CAA Champions. Campbell had three players who scored in double figures and shot 54.2 % from the field. UNCW also committed 16 turnovers in the game, and forced only 3 out of the Camels. Then sophomore guard Kyre' Hamer had 4 steals in contributing to that gaudy turnover total.

Now, 2 years later, perhaps some revenge is on the mind of the Seahawks. True, UNCW did blow the Camels out 106-83 in Trask last season, but winning in Buies Creek always seems to be a struggle, and certainly Coach Keatts knows this.

From a talent perspective, Campbell hasn't gained much from where they were 2 years ago, whereas the Seahawks are clearly better than they were that day. All three of the players who scored in double figures in the last game @ Campbell are gone. Hamer is still on the team as a senior, though injuries have limited him to just four games of action. 2 returners from last year, redshirt junior forward Shane Whitfield and sophomore guard Chris Clemons have both started all 9 games the Camels have played this year, and are 2 of the top 3 in minutes played. Clemons is the star of the team, leading the way with 24.0 points while shooting 40.5 % from the perimeter. He also leads the team in assists (3.2) and steals (2.0). Whitfield is second in scoring (11.8 ppg) and leads the team in rebounding (5.3).

Also seeing a ton of playing time (30.1 mpg) as just a freshman is Cary, NC product Cory Gensler. The 6-4, 190 lbs. guard is chipping in with a little bit of everything, averaging 6.6 points, 2.0 assists, 0.9 steals while shooting 80.0 % from the free throw line. Meanwhile, when it comes to rim protection, that duty has fallen to 6-7 big man Andrew Eudy. The sophomore from Pennsylvania has started all 9 games in the middle and averages 2.0 blocks in just 18.8 minutes per contest.

The Camels haven't played a tough schedule to this point in the season, but did do well to grab their most recent win against The Citadel on December 4th. With The Citadel hosting the Holy City Hoops Classic, this was a true road win for the Camels, who emerged with the 97-91 victory. The Camels shot a blistering 60.0 % from the field and 47.1 % from 3-point distance. However, they did commit 24 turnovers, which kept The Citadel in the contest. Campbell also didn't get much out of their bench, which contributed just 11 points in the high scoring contest, compared to 47 for the opposing bench.

Thus, with turnovers and a lack of depth potentially plaguing Campbell, this should be the type of game the Seahawks control most of the way, then pull away late despite a tough home court advantage for the Camels.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 09:27 AM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
12-12-2016 09:27 AM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

(12-12-2016 09:22 AM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 09:00 AM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  Campbell has a really good point guard Chris Clemmons back from last year but they are not real good and without the students the crowd should be small. Contrary to what you have read here they don't consider this a Super Bowl type game.I think UNCW will roll right through this.

I disagree. I don't know who you talk to, but Campbell fans have always considered UNCW their biggest game.

This year, we are currently in the Mid Major top 10, and getting votes for the national top 25. What other game do they have on the schedule this big? They don't even have any away games of that magnitude.

I have friends that played at Campbell and I can guarantee you it is not a game they feel like is a game that fans think is a must see.They will be fired up but they know it is a tough spot for them and they don't expect to win. It's not a game they wait all year to see or play in. I also played there in the old gym and its not gonna be full or even close to it unless UNCW fans fill it up. I like going to games there and if you can make it go early because parking is an issue there. They have a localkid from W.Brunswick on the team-Cheers is his name but I don't think he plays much. Also another kid from Cary that played in the Brogden Tourney here last year is playing some minutes-Cory Gensler.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 10:31 AM by jumpinmullet.)
12-12-2016 10:29 AM
Hall of Famer

So because they don't expect to win, its not a big game, even when you yourself say they'll be "fired up"?

It was a winnable game 2 years ago and the fans were VERY fired up. If you simply have to make a negative comment every single time you post, at least be correct when you do so. That's all we ask.
12-12-2016 10:53 AM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

(12-12-2016 10:29 AM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 09:22 AM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  

I have friends that played at Campbell and I can guarantee you it is not a game they feel like is a game that fans think is a must see.They will be fired up but they know it is a tough spot for them and they don't expect to win. It's not a game they wait all year to see or play in. I also played there in the old gym and its not gonna be full or even close to it unless UNCW fans fill it up. I like going to games there and if you can make it go early because parking is an issue there. They have a localkid from W.Brunswick on the team-Cheers is his name but I don't think he plays much. Also another kid from Cary that played in the Brogden Tourney here last year is playing some minutes-Cory Gensler.

Doubtful...

and...

I don't expect Campbell to win either.

04-chairshot
12-12-2016 11:00 AM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

(12-12-2016 10:53 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  So because they don't expect to win, its not a big game, even when you yourself say they'll be "fired up"?

It was a winnable game 2 years ago and the fans were VERY fired up. If you simply have to make a negative comment every single time you post, at least be correct when you do so. That's all we ask.

Just stating the fact and that's it,if you don't like it I can't help that. Campbell is a school without a rival,much like UNCW. The gym will not be packed and you can get really good seats to see your team if have a chance. The team will be fired up to play a good club that is on a roll but the fact it they are not very good and the fans know it. Don't try to turn it into something that it is not is my point.
12-12-2016 11:03 AM
Hall of Famer

(12-12-2016 11:03 AM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  Just stating the fact and that's it,if you don't like it I can't help that.

You don't bring facts, you bring opinions. Which would ordinarily be fine, since this is a message board. But when every single one of your opinions seems rife with negatives, and UNCW basketball is approaching an all-time high simultaneously, it only means you have an agenda and your opinions are both invalid and certainly not "facts".

If you don't like the "fact" that you have zero credibilty, I can't help that. So bring actual facts when you want to be negative. Not some garbage from people you supposedly know who probably are as negative as you.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 11:17 AM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
12-12-2016 11:15 AM
jumpinmullet Offline
1st String

(12-12-2016 11:15 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 11:03 AM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  Just stating the fact and that's it,if you don't like it I can't help that.

You don't bring facts, you bring opinions. Which would ordinarily be fine, since this is a message board. But when every single one of your opinions seems rife with negatives, and UNCW basketball is approaching an all-time high simultaneously, it only means you have an agenda and your opinions are both invalid and certainly not "facts".

If you don't like the "fact" that you have zero credibilty, I can't help that. So bring actual facts when you want to be negative. Not some garbage from people you supposedly know who probably are as negative as you.
12-12-2016 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.