RE: Kareem Hunt to the Senior Bowl
Excellent. Congrats to him!
12-05-2016 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
How about Michael Roberts? CBS Sports projects Michael as the 11th best senior tight end in the country and a fifth round pick.
12-05-2016 06:47 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Congrats to him, well deserved. I'm going to SO miss seeing him bounce off our defenders.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 08:24 PM by NIU007.)
12-05-2016 08:24 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(12-05-2016 08:24 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  Congrats to him, well deserved. I'm going to SO miss seeing him bounce off our defenders.

Yep, he's been instrumental in our dominance over NIU, what I like to call " The Streak"!
12-05-2016 09:07 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(12-05-2016 06:47 PM)Rocket75 Wrote:  How about Michael Roberts? CBS Sports projects Michael as the 11th best senior tight end in the country and a fifth round pick.

Michael Roberts is headed to the East-West Shrine Bowl, along with Treyvon Hester.
12-08-2016 03:42 PM
Advertisement

Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Finally we break our draft drought since Bruce graduated? Or was it Lance? Either way, we could have 3-4 Rockets drafted next spring!!!
12-08-2016 03:51 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(12-08-2016 03:42 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:47 PM)Rocket75 Wrote:  How about Michael Roberts? CBS Sports projects Michael as the 11th best senior tight end in the country and a fifth round pick.

Michael Roberts is headed to the East-West Shrine Bowl, along with Treyvon Hester.

Just announced tonight, Michael Roberts will also be playing in the Senior Bowl.

Two all-star games...anomaly or does this happen often? Plus the NFL combine, he should have plenty of opportunities to impress scouts.
01-12-2017 11:00 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Article about Kareem training for the game, and the NFL combine (article confirms he has an invite).
http://www.news-herald.com/sports/201701...ine-invite
01-13-2017 06:39 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(12-08-2016 03:51 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Finally we break our draft drought since Bruce graduated? Or was it Lance? Either way, we could have 3-4 Rockets drafted next spring!!!

Greco & Parmele in 2008.

Lance wasn't drafted.

Hunt should get drafted for sure - question of when. Roberts has a great shot, although he still hasn't crept up the ratings boards yet, and tight end is not a priority for a lot of teams.

Everyone else is a long-shot I think, with Hester an outside shot to be drafted. Should get a free agent signing though.
01-13-2017 06:45 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I'd be surprised if all 3 don't get drafted. Hunt could go anywhere from 3rd to 6th round , imo. I'd expect Roberts to sneak up into the middle of the draft. Too good of a prospect and too many physical attributes (size, speed, hand size, etc) to be overlooked. Hester could be hurt by the shoulder injury, but he is a definite NFL player. Was heavily scouted, but got hurt at a bad time. Norton will be in a camp but more likely as an UFA than draft pick. Corey Jones and Stepec and Coleman are possible UFA guys although they may need to make it through the tryout stage first. All have some pro skills but some drawbacks too.
01-14-2017 05:05 PM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

(12-08-2016 03:51 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Finally we break our draft drought since Bruce graduated? Or was it Lance? Either way, we could have 3-4 Rockets drafted next spring!!!

That is to my determined, don't listen to these so called draft experts. Remember Barry Church who was supposed go into the draft that didn't happen. Pick up by the Dallas Cowboys as a prefer walk on.
01-14-2017 09:23 PM
rockytop Offline
1st String

My pick is Roberts, and possibly Norton. There are so many good running backs, and Hunt lacks breakaway speed.
01-15-2017 08:04 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-15-2017 08:04 AM)rockytop Wrote:  My pick is Roberts, and possibly Norton. There are so many good running backs, and Hunt lacks breakaway speed.

Runs hard, very good receiver and N.E.V.E.R. fumbles. Good pick as a third down guy.
01-15-2017 09:28 AM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-14-2017 09:23 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  

That is to my determined, don't listen to these so called draft experts. Remember Barry Church who was supposed go into the draft that didn't happen. Pick up by the Dallas Cowboys as a prefer walk on.

Agree---the Rockets have several very successful players in the NFL that were UFA. For the past several years the actual draft has been much less kind to UT football players than predicted by the pre-draft pundits' predictions.

This year I can see that Hunt and Roberts might be drafted but I won't be surprised if either is not drafted. OTOH I will be surprised if either Hester or Norton is drafted although I suspect both will be UFA and may make some NFL team----either on the actual team roster or on the practice team ("taxi squad").
01-15-2017 10:56 AM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(01-15-2017 10:56 AM)T-Town Wrote:  

Agree---the Rockets have several very successful players in the NFL that were UFA. For the past several years the actual draft has been much less kind to UT football players than predicted by the pre-draft pundits' predictions.

This year I can see that Hunt and Roberts might be drafted but I won't be surprised if either is not drafted. OTOH I will be surprised if either Hester or Norton is drafted although I suspect both will be UFA and may make some NFL team----either on the actual team roster or on the practice team ("taxi squad").
Hunt DOES NOT LACK BREAKAWAY SPEED he just is more of a power runner
01-15-2017 01:16 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
hunt is the most complete rocket back ever at the college level. chester taylor was comparable but hunt's ball security and pass game skills are slightly better. hunt won't be a high pick but he is solidly rated. he may slip to the late rounds but someone will use a pick on him. too complete of a player not to.

it's understandable to think scouts will undervalue rocket talent this year, as usual, but hester and hunt have been on the pro radar for a while and roberts is a big time sleeper prospect. all of those guys have pro size and skills. norton might not have the strength for the nil, but he has the size, skill and athleticism. if he sticks with it, gets some practice squad time and more strength, he could play in the league too. jalen coleman is a pro run stopper and special teams tackler. he has a tougher road coming off the achilles but he could eventually make a team.
01-16-2017 04:58 AM
toledobrad Offline
2nd String

A nice bit of info on Treyvon Hester.

http://draftanalyst.com/2017-shrine-preview-defense
01-16-2017 11:12 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(01-16-2017 11:12 AM)toledobrad Wrote:  A nice bit of info on Treyvon Hester.

http://draftanalyst.com/2017-shrine-preview-defense

While we presently grade him as a 5th rounder, Hester ranks as one of the best nose tackle prospects on boards around the league.

That would be awesome to see Hester get drafted, despite his recent injury that looks like will prevent him from doing any workouts for the combine.
01-16-2017 01:25 PM
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
(01-15-2017 01:16 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  
(01-15-2017 10:56 AM)T-Town Wrote:  

Hunt DOES NOT LACK BREAKAWAY SPEED he just is more of a power runner

Le'veon Bell runs a 4.6 40.
01-16-2017 01:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.