Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

An alternative, before you vote
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
https://www.bustle.com/articles/193482-y...ed-the-gop

Yes, it is still highly unlikely McMullin and Finn will make it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. However, considering the duo's high popularity in Utah and Trump's high unpopularity in the ruby red state, there's an extremely plausible chance the campaign will make history. McMullin could very well become the first non-major party presidential candidate to pick up votes in the Electoral College by winning Utah. For what it's worth, Jonathan Walczak at The Hill argued McMullin could become the president, if neither Clinton nor Trump hits 270 electoral votes.

Because her ticket may take Utah from Trump and other would-be Republican votes, Finn has been faced with many variations of the "spoiler" or "wasted vote" question: is voting for her and McMullin a wasted vote or just spoiling things for the Republican nominee?

"My message on that is that nobody is entitled to your vote. Your vote is yours alone. It's your voice," Finn tells me. "You would be wasting your vote to vote for somebody that you don't support and you don't believe in. We also have to get beyond this lesser of two evils arguments. ... If we continue to vote that way, we will continue to get leaders that are unsatisfactory and that we don't believe best represent America."
11-08-2016 09:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: An alternative, before you vote
In other words, you are crapping your pants this morning because you believe Trump may win. Newsflash, Trump wins with or without Utah.

And besides, I listened to McMullen the other day on tv, and the guy is a complete idiot.
11-08-2016 09:35 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I've already voted a few times. Guess I could go again and throw one McMullen's way.
11-08-2016 09:48 AM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(11-08-2016 09:48 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  I've already voted a few times. Guess I could go again and throw one McMullen's way.

03-lmfao
11-08-2016 10:04 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(11-08-2016 09:35 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  In other words, you are crapping your pants this morning because you believe Trump may win. Newsflash, Trump wins with or without Utah.

And besides, I listened to McMullen the other day on tv, and the guy is a complete idiot.

The idiots were the ones running him. He just hurts conservative candidates down ballot because they encourage ticket splitting. They should have gotten behind Johnson if they wanted an alternative.
11-08-2016 10:07 AM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(11-08-2016 09:35 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  In other words, you are crapping your pants this morning because you believe Trump may win. Newsflash, Trump wins with or without Utah.

I have always said that I wasn't voting for Trump & very unlikely to vote for HRC. They're both crooked & neither deserves to be president. I refuse to lower my standards to vote for one of them. McMullen/Finn are the best alternative.
11-08-2016 10:08 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(11-08-2016 10:08 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  

I have always said that I wasn't voting for Trump & very unlikely to vote for HRC. They're both crooked & neither deserves to be president. I refuse to lower my standards to vote for one of them. McMullen/Finn are the best alternative.

The problem with this cycle is that the alternatives suck. I rank everyone in this order:

1. Trump
2. Stein
3. McMullen
4. Johnson
5. Hillary

I dont agree with Stein at all, but at least she comes across as a decent person who was serious. When Johnson comes down off his synthetic marijuana high in a few months, maybe he will realize how badly he screwed the libertarian party.
11-08-2016 10:30 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
He's not on my ballot. #trump2016
11-08-2016 10:39 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(11-08-2016 10:30 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 10:08 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  

The problem with this cycle is that the alternatives suck. I rank everyone in this order:

1. Trump
2. Stein
3. McMullen
4. Johnson
5. Hillary

I dont agree with Stein at all, but at least she comes across as a decent person who was serious. When Johnson comes down off his synthetic marijuana high in a few months, maybe he will realize how badly he screwed the libertarian party.

The alternatives don't suck as bad as the two main candidates.
11-08-2016 10:42 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
My wife and I both wrote-in McMullen. But that's in NY so it won't matter in Utah.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 12:08 PM by QuestionSocratic.)
11-08-2016 12:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.