Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Service Academies
Pitt Co Pirates Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU / AAC
Service Academies
They need to be added to our conference. A no brainer!!!!
11-05-2016 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
RE: Service Academies
(11-05-2016 02:56 PM)Pitt Co Pirates Wrote:  They need to be added to our conference. A no brainer!!!!

In terms of expansion, I think that's the only thing 95% of the members on this board can agree too.

AFA + Army FB Only, All in the West Division

Wichita, VCU, Dayton, Oly sports.
    EAST
  • UCF
  • USF
  • ECU
  • Temple
  • Cinci
  • UConn
  • Tulane
    WEST
  • Army
  • Navy
  • AFA
  • Houston
  • Tulsa
  • SMU
  • Memphis

With Basketball, we have UConn, Memphis, Temple, Tulsa, SMU, Cinci, Wichita, Dayton, VCU.... Power 6 conference.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 03:05 PM by Kruciff.)
11-05-2016 03:01 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
The question is...

A.) Do they have a desire to join?

B.) Does it make sense for all parties involved?

That's most likely been the hold up since day one, either or both of those questions

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
11-05-2016 03:17 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(11-05-2016 03:17 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  The question is...

That's most likely been the hold up since day one, either or both of those questions

I'm just happy you didn't respond with a certain doctor who gif...
11-05-2016 03:27 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:

You don't know until you ask.

I don't think Aresco has even considered a 14 team conference since the first AAC season. The Presidents haven't expressed interest in that configuration yet.
11-05-2016 03:30 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(11-05-2016 03:27 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

Oh the thought crossed my mind for certain... but you all know you love me. I'm like your board... pet?

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 03:36 PM by Stay Cool.)
11-05-2016 03:35 PM
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(11-05-2016 03:35 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 03:27 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

Oh the thought crossed my mind for certain... but you all know you love me. I'm like your board... pet?

[Image: ill_allow_it_community.gif]
11-05-2016 03:40 PM
Gaetano01 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Navy
May be surprising to hear, but I think Navy likes having an AAC monopoly ... I wouldn't be surprised if Navy itself was opposed to adding Army and AF. Yeah it adds an extra OOC game or two, but there's tangible recruiting value in AF not having any conference games in Texas (unless they give up a home game like they did for NM). And the Army-Navy game would have to be moved to a date before the CCG, which even though the AAC would have full financial rights to, might actually net a reduced return. I'm thinking Navy's fine with the status quo post-BIG12 inertia.
11-05-2016 03:41 PM
STLWAVE Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulane, Mizzou
(11-05-2016 03:01 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 02:56 PM)Pitt Co Pirates Wrote:  They need to be added to our conference. A no brainer!!!!

In terms of expansion, I think that's the only thing 95% of the members on this board can agree too.

EAST
  • UCF
  • USF
  • ECU
  • Temple
  • Cinci
  • UConn
  • Tulane
    WEST
  • Army
  • Navy
  • AFA
  • Houston
  • Tulsa
  • SMU
  • Memphis

With Basketball, we have UConn, Memphis, Temple, Tulsa, SMU, Cinci, Wichita, Dayton, VCU.... Power 6 conference.

Does SLU make more sense than Dayton? I know Dayton has more bball power of late but SLU adds another big metro area. SLU just hired Travis Ford and the new administration seems serious about getting the team back to Majarus level. Also fills in some geography. Just throwing it out there.
11-05-2016 04:02 PM
Pitt Co Pirates Offline
2nd String

My first thought is it depends on TV exec's. That's why I like Aresco having communication with them and working a deal. If successful he could come back with a guaranteed number that might entice them to join. Rights to the commander and chiefs, Army Navy game, and their out of conference schedules would be very valuable to the conference. In the end I really believe we could get close to the $10MM annually figure. Win, win for all parties involved.
11-05-2016 04:29 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(11-05-2016 04:02 PM)STLWAVE Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 03:01 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

EAST
  • UCF
  • USF
  • ECU
  • Temple
  • Cinci
  • UConn
  • Tulane
    WEST
  • Army
  • Navy
  • AFA
  • Houston
  • Tulsa
  • SMU
  • Memphis

Does SLU make more sense than Dayton? I know Dayton has more bball power of late but SLU adds another big metro area. SLU just hired Travis Ford and the new administration seems serious about getting the team back to Majarus level. Also fills in some geography. Just throwing it out there.
Either/or tbh.

St Louis is indeed a large market, but how does that factor in with basketball, especially with a hybrid member? I think the strength and match of the athletic and program should have preference here. I've no idea if that's Dayton or St Louis

Sent from my SM-G930T using CSNbbs mobile app
11-05-2016 05:07 PM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
Service Academies
(11-05-2016 04:29 PM)Pitt Co Pirates Wrote:  My first thought is it depends on TV exec's. That's why I like Aresco having communication with them and working a deal. If successful he could come back with a guaranteed number that might entice them to join. Rights to the commander and chiefs, Army Navy game, and their out of conference schedules would be very valuable to the conference. In the end I really believe we could get close to the $10MM annually figure. Win, win for all parties involved.

I don't think Navy would be interested is ceding A/N and N/ND to the conference unless someone else was bring equivalent inventory.
11-05-2016 06:14 PM
Pitt Co Pirates Offline
2nd String

(11-05-2016 06:14 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 04:29 PM)Pitt Co Pirates Wrote:  My first thought is it depends on TV exec's. That's why I like Aresco having communication with them and working a deal. If successful he could come back with a guaranteed number that might entice them to join. Rights to the commander and chiefs, Army Navy game, and their out of conference schedules would be very valuable to the conference. In the end I really believe we could get close to the $10MM annually figure. Win, win for all parties involved.

I don't think Navy would be interested is ceding A/N and N/ND to the conference unless someone else was bring equivalent inventory.

Conference championship, bowl assurances, and revenue sharing more than adequate trade off. There is a reason they are no longer an independent. When you are part of a group your thinking has to change to some degree.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 09:40 AM by Pitt Co Pirates.)
11-06-2016 09:39 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(11-06-2016 09:39 AM)Pitt Co Pirates Wrote:  

Conference championship, bowl assurances, and revenue sharing more than adequate trade off. There is a reason they are no longer an independent. When you are part of a group your thinking has to change to some degree.

Yes. That's how it works. It's the reason that Navy was open about not allowing Boise State a special deal.
11-06-2016 10:18 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
I just do not understand why the AAC wants all of the Service Academies. They have very low ceilings. Furthermore, playing the Triple Option is a pain (My Alma Mater, the Citadel runs it, and it is a great equalizer). Army, Navy, and Air Force will occasionally have good years, but will never be a Houston, or Boise. Their ceilings are just low.
11-06-2016 10:27 AM
slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy

The reason we eschewed independence was NOT to get a few extra dollars on the balance sheet. It was about being in the inside looking out when the next MAJOR structural change comes 2020-2025.
Gladchuk is probably Aresco 's closest supporter in the P6 effort - that we reach big picture success (again, AAC being in the inside looking out) by keeping pace with the P5s: keep that gap from increasing, while increasing the gap between AAC and the four dwarves.
So yeah, we're onboard with conference goals and the greater good...helps to he a team player when we know we're the best TV property this conference has
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 10:43 AM by slhNavy91.)
11-06-2016 10:43 AM
Advertisement

Pitt Co Pirates Offline
2nd String

(11-06-2016 10:43 AM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

The reason we eschewed independence was NOT to get a few extra dollars on the balance sheet. It was about being in the inside looking out when the next MAJOR structural change comes 2020-2025.
Gladchuk is probably Aresco 's closest supporter in the P6 effort - that we reach big picture success (again, AAC being in the inside looking out) by keeping pace with the P5s: keep that gap from increasing, while increasing the gap between AAC and the four dwarves.
So yeah, we're onboard with conference goals and the greater good...helps to he a team player when we know we're the best TV property this conference has

The only way to get where we all want to be is together. Like minded thinking. I believe Service Academy football is a good strategy for the conference and a helpful route to inclusion while helping from a revenue standpoint. Very few options out there and makes the best sense to me. I would at least explore this and then wait for the Big 12 fallout that will eventually happen.
11-06-2016 11:08 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
I can see why Navy would want to be the only academy in the conference. They are one of the leaders of the conference. It could make for a crowded room.

Staying at 12 may be the most prudent move as the Big12-2 continues to degenerate.

I'm sure the conference leadership is taking all of this into account.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 11:26 AM by BigEastHomer.)
11-06-2016 11:23 AM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
Army, from what we have heard was not interested in the past because they felt like they could bot be competitive. Maybe now they may feel different since they are getting stronger..... and with additional cash, they could get a better coach!
They would be a football only addition, just like Navy. They have no desire to leave the patriot league and they shouldnt.

Air Force I believe would join if we could get Army to do so. They have openly state that they have a desire to be in the same conference with the other two and their new leadership isnt as tied to the MWC as the past. Also, they look for better timeslots to promote their academy and the AAC is by far the better choice.

I think the 2 of them would add alot of branding and promotional value, along with a national following. In addition, it wouldnt total destroy the MWC, which I think ESPN wants to avoid.

Dream scenario for me is to land Army, use them to get Air Force, then use that to get CSU and then pitch BYU. Thats a 16 team conference I could really enjoy
11-08-2016 09:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SteveUCF19 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(11-08-2016 09:30 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  Army, from what we have heard was not interested in the past because they felt like they could bot be competitive. Maybe now they may feel different since they are getting stronger..... and with additional cash, they could get a better coach!
They would be a football only addition, just like Navy. They have no desire to leave the patriot league and they shouldnt.

Air Force I believe would join if we could get Army to do so. They have openly state that they have a desire to be in the same conference with the other two and their new leadership isnt as tied to the MWC as the past. Also, they look for better timeslots to promote their academy and the AAC is by far the better choice.

I think the 2 of them would add alot of branding and promotional value, along with a national following. In addition, it wouldnt total destroy the MWC, which I think ESPN wants to avoid.

Dream scenario for me is to land Army, use them to get Air Force, then use that to get CSU and then pitch BYU. Thats a 16 team conference I could really enjoy

They have gotten stronger because of their current coach.
11-08-2016 10:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.